News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Ced on December 24, 2014, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: Will on December 24, 2014, 08:01:49 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 07:57:39 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2014, 07:45:05 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 24, 2014, 06:33:30 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2014, 06:30:11 PM
Hi Simon,
I'm glad to see rotala have won the 192 service, do you have any plans to extend the service back into birmingham, as it was always full, and a lot quicker than nxwm 9 ?
Thanks

Do you really think it would have been withdrawn in the first place if it was 'always full'

The only thing wrong with it is was how tight the timetable was, so very unreliable especially with the high amount of customers keep getting on and off

When did Diamond come off the 192?

Middle of 2011 I think mate
**Correction by the looks of things it was around 2010.
it was way before then

Diamond or Central Connect?

Diamond as in BCC/GWM under Go Ahead lost the contract to Central Connect in 2008.

This continued until September 2011 and the first round of WCC funding cuts which saw it curtailed to Halesowen and operated by Whittle's.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 24, 2014, 09:48:56 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 24, 2014, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: Will on December 24, 2014, 08:01:49 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 07:57:39 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2014, 07:45:05 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 24, 2014, 06:33:30 PM
Hi Simon,
I'm glad to see rotala have won the 192 service, do you have any plans to extend the service back into Birmingham, as it was always full, and a lot quicker than nxwm 9 ?
Thanks

Do you really think it would have been withdrawn in the first place if it was 'always full'

The only thing wrong with it is was how tight the timetable was, so very unreliable especially with the high amount of customers keep getting on and off

When did Diamond come off the 192?

Middle of 2011 I think mate
**Correction by the looks of things it was around 2010.
it was way before then

Diamond or Central Connect?

Diamond as in BCC/GWM under Go Ahead lost the contract to Central Connect in 2008.

This continued until September 2011 and the first round of WCC funding cuts which saw it curtailed to Halesowen and operated by Whittle's.
it was  about then when the central connect  sunday tendered 192/292 Birmingham Ludlow finished
the weekday one finished a year earlier I think
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Hi Simon,

Just a quick question, do you know if the following vehicles are planned to return to service with Rotala please?

Thanks
Sam

Simon Dunn

Hi Simon,
I'm glad to see rotala have won the 192 service, do you have any plans to extend the service back into birmingham, as it was always full, and a lot quicker than nxwm 9 ?
Thanks

Dear Sir

No.  We used to operate the 192 when it operated into Birmingham and we reviewed this at the time and it didn't work

Simon

Trident 4194

Any idea what vehicles you will use on the 192?

Simon Dunn

To be honest, I am not sure

We have increased the number of vehicles in Kidderminster and what is there will be used short term

Sometime after the end of February we will replace a number of the fleet with MAN Centros from Heathrow

Simon

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 28, 2014, 07:25:31 PM

We have increased the number of vehicles in Kidderminster and what is there will be used short term

Sometime after the end of February we will replace a number of the fleet with MAN Centros from Heathrow

Simon

Will these be replacing all garages or just kr?

Simon Dunn

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 28, 2014, 07:43:14 PM
Just Kidderminster

Do you think that in addition to the 3 at Heathrow, MANs from Long Acre or Redditch would move over to standardise or not?

Thanks

Simon Dunn

Reece

Hi Simon

1. With all the recent timetable changes and additional services from the 5 Jan in the Kidderminster area. Do know if you will be publishing a new Kidderminster Bus Services Guide/Booklet similar to the one published in March 2013 and was available on the buses?

2. The 3 Plaxton Centro's coming from Heathrow to Kidderminster at the end of Feb how old are they?

3. The extra buses that are coming to Kidderminster temporarily for the new services are these extra buses coming from Tividale or Redditch? Does this also mean that the buses can change on a weekly basis or not?

Thanks for you time Reece

winston

Simon

Hi Simon,

Good news that KR will see some newer/larger buses towards the spring next year.

Have the MAN/Centro's been freed up at Heathrow due to a loss of work or new/newer vehicles being required?

Is the allocation of MAN/Centro's at KR likely to include 30302 SN09FUW which hasn't turned a wheel in revenue earning service since being acquired some 12 months ago?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 29, 2014, 12:19:48 AM

Simon

Hi Simon,

Good news that KR will see some newer/larger buses towards the spring next year.

Have the MAN/Centro's been freed up at Heathrow due to a loss of work or new/newer vehicles being required?

Is the allocation of MAN/Centro's at KR likely to include 30302 SN09FUW which hasn't turned a wheel in revenue earning service since being acquired some 12 months ago?

Winston,

We stop operating the BA contract at the end of February 2015.

SN09FUW will also go to Kidderminster.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: LM 172 on December 28, 2014, 11:06:52 PM
Hi Simon

1. With all the recent timetable changes and additional services from the 5 Jan in the Kidderminster area. Do know if you will be publishing a new Kidderminster Bus Services Guide/Booklet similar to the one published in March 2013 and was available on the buses?

2. The 3 Plaxton Centro's coming from Heathrow to Kidderminster at the end of Feb how old are they?

3. The extra buses that are coming to Kidderminster temporarily for the new services are these extra buses coming from Tividale or Redditch? Does this also mean that the buses can change on a weekly basis or not?

Thanks for you time Reece

Dear Sir,

1.  Yes we will.  I will update when I have a timeline.
2.  57 plate and newer.
3.  The extra buses are already in Kidderminster and have been for a while.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on December 28, 2014, 02:48:23 PM
Hi Simon,

Just a quick question, do you know if the following vehicles are planned to return to service with Rotala please?

Thanks
Sam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk