News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

Simon
might I suggest you try monitoring the 2 on Thursdays and  Saturdays which are market day in Kidderminster
and can I just say I made a complaint Monday via phone and after a couple hours when no one  had replied
I sent a tweet as yet no answer from that either cedric
Simon I had to ring complaints  again same bus was missed  since the timetable changes on the 10 is
total unreliable 
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on December 18, 2014, 08:33:47 AM
Simon
might I suggest you try monitoring the 2 on Thursdays and  Saturdays which are market day in Kidderminster
and can I just say I made a complaint Monday via phone and after a couple hours when no one  had replied

Cedric,

May I suggest you email Nigel Gorman - Operations Director at Kidderminster he'll deal with your complaint I will PM you his email address

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 18, 2014, 05:54:52 AM
Quote from: Will on December 17, 2014, 02:26:51 PM
Hi Simon,

Have Rotala made any offers to EYMS to buy any of the 03 or the 04 plate Darts that Whittle's currently operate and also the Enviros they operate it would be great to see the Darts stay in Kidderminster as they could replace some of the older fleet currently there and the Enviros could potentially be moved over to Redditch for example.

Will - Simon has answered this a few days ago just a bit further up in this thread

Tony - Oh sorry mate I didn't notice

Will,

Since I was last asked that conversation, we did ask Whittles if they wanted to sell any of the buses.  Their preference seemed to transfer the vehicles into EYMS at that point

Simon

Wonder if EYMS would transfer them to Hull, as the telly programme showed Hull struggling at one point?

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 18, 2014, 05:52:53 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 16, 2014, 08:34:48 PM
Hi Simon

In response to a couple of your points:

1) As yet there is one more service we expect to register, which I am told will compliment this.

Would this compliment the Kidderminster-Bewdley corridor services?

2) Would keeping the clockface timetable on the 2 be a good way of attracting passenger growth by keeping things simpler for passengers?

3) Which of the ex Yourbus vehicles were in service today and where? Presumably the e300's were at RH?

4) Is 30862 into TE a permanent transfer or just a loan?

Many thanks!

Dear Sir,

1.  I would rather not say
2.  We have been out this week, monitoring journeys on the 2 and to be honest we are not noticing heavy loads.
3.  Both E300's and SJ04DVL
4.  Yes

Simon

Thanks for your replies Simon!

Just picking up on one of your replies:

Where are you putting the 04 plate eclipses into service?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 18, 2014, 10:05:14 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 18, 2014, 05:52:53 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 16, 2014, 08:34:48 PM
Hi Simon

In response to a couple of your points:

1) As yet there is one more service we expect to register, which I am told will compliment this.

Would this compliment the Kidderminster-Bewdley corridor services?

2) Would keeping the clockface timetable on the 2 be a good way of attracting passenger growth by keeping things simpler for passengers?

3) Which of the ex Yourbus vehicles were in service today and where? Presumably the e300's were at RH?

4) Is 30862 into TE a permanent transfer or just a loan?

Many thanks!

Dear Sir,

1.  I would rather not say
2.  We have been out this week, monitoring journeys on the 2 and to be honest we are not noticing heavy loads.
3.  Both E300's and SJ04DVL
4.  Yes

Simon

Thanks for your replies Simon!

Just picking up on one of your replies:

Where are you putting the 04 plate eclipses into service?

We will initially put them into Redditch.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on December 18, 2014, 11:43:05 AM
Quote from: Ced on December 18, 2014, 08:33:47 AM
Simon

Cedric,

May I suggest you email Nigel Gorman - Operations Director at Kidderminster he'll deal with your complaint I will PM you his email address

Nigel is Operations Manager

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 16, 2014, 09:44:14 AM
Quote from: Winston on December 16, 2014, 09:41:16 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 16, 2014, 07:26:26 AM

Winston,

1.  We expect to apply for planning this week.  Over the last 2 weeks to have had 2 offers from different parties for Long Acre.
2.  Any service expansions will wait until Simon Cursio starts on 15th January 2015.
3.  3 of the Ex-YourBuses should be in service today.
4.  I am not sure of the exact reasons why.  Some of it will be about what they operated on in the day time and what they came off.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

1A. Are you able to reveal what you're hoping to do with the Tividale site? I.e. is it still the intention to to expand the width up to the edge of the canal?
1B. Do the 2 offers value the Long Acre site similar to Rotala's / can you see a deal potentially concluded?

Winston,

1A - Widen the site to create an additional parking area 11 metres deep into the bank, and around 150 metres long.  Creating around 50 additional parking spaces
1B - With the economic recovery underway Long Acre is the only site on the market of its type in the area.  So we expect the site, to sell early next year.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Just one query, does the 11M x 150M long depot extension span up to the current entrance gates? Or does Rotala own the access road as well and will the 150M will take you beyond/outside of the gates are part way down the access road?

Winston

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 19, 2014, 12:47:31 PM

Winston,

1.  We expect to apply for planning this week.  Over the last 2 weeks to have had 2 offers from different parties for Long Acre.
2.  Any service expansions will wait until Simon Cursio starts on 15th January 2015.
4.  I am not sure of the exact reasons why.  Some of it will be about what they operated on in the day time and what they came off.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

1A. Are you able to reveal what you're hoping to do with the Tividale site? I.e. is it still the intention to to expand the width up to the edge of the canal?
1B. Do the 2 offers value the Long Acre site similar to Rotala's / can you see a deal potentially concluded?

Winston,

1A - Widen the site to create an additional parking area 11 metres deep into the bank, and around 150 metres long.  Creating around 50 additional parking spaces
1B - With the economic recovery underway Long Acre is the only site on the market of its type in the area.  So we expect the site, to sell early next year.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Just one query, does the 11M x 150M long depot extension span up to the current entrance gates? Or does Rotala own the access road as well and will the 150M will take you beyond/outside of the gates are part way down the access road?

Winston

Winston,

Its from the gates to the end of the property.

We have applied for planning and at some point soon it will be on Sandwell Boroughs website

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 19, 2014, 12:54:27 PM

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Winston

Winston,

We have applied for planning and at some point soon it will be on Sandwell Boroughs website

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I've recently had a look on the council online planning portal as I'm interested to see the drawings for what Rotala would like to do with the site (not on there as yet)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 19, 2014, 12:54:27 PM

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Winston,

If you want to send me your email address, I will email it to you

Simon

Trident 4194

Hi Simon,
I'm glad to see rotala have won the 192 service, do you have any plans to extend the service back into birmingham, as it was always full, and a lot quicker than nxwm 9 ?
Thanks

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2014, 06:30:11 PM
Hi Simon,
I'm glad to see rotala have won the 192 service, do you have any plans to extend the service back into birmingham, as it was always full, and a lot quicker than nxwm 9 ?
Thanks

Do you really think it would have been withdrawn in the first place if it was 'always full'

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 24, 2014, 06:33:30 PM
Hi Simon,
Thanks

Do you really think it would have been withdrawn in the first place if it was 'always full'

The only thing wrong with it is was how tight the timetable was, so very unreliable especially with the high amount of customers keep getting on and off

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 07:57:39 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2014, 07:45:05 PM
Hi Simon,
Thanks

The only thing wrong with it is was how tight the timetable was, so very unreliable especially with the high amount of customers keep getting on and off

When did Diamond come off the 192?

Middle of 2011 I think mate
**Correction by the looks of things it was around 2010.

Cedric

Quote from: Will on December 24, 2014, 08:01:49 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 07:57:39 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2014, 07:45:05 PM
Hi Simon,
Thanks

When did Diamond come off the 192?

Middle of 2011 I think mate
**Correction by the looks of things it was around 2010.
it was way before then

diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk