News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Hi Simon, do you have any plans on standardising interior?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2014, 12:08:25 PM
Hi Simon,

1. Has there been any developments with the potential expansion of Tividale following the ground tests? Any more interest in Long Acre?

2. Are there still some new registrations to come for Wessex re: new commercial services, as I noticed Wessex were advertising for more drivers for expansion, but other than all the UWE services being changed which appears to be term operating times rather than increased frequencies, I haven't seen anything else to date. Or will any expansion/changes now wait until after your new former First MD starts?

3. We do you hope to take delivery of the first of former ex Yourbus buses acquired? I assume there's nothing else due to cascade to Diamond or any further used or new acquisitions now you know what happening with Whittle's etc?

4. Why is it thedouble-02 branding was used in the recent web adverts for the extending 002 Xmas operating hours, when the branding had started to be phased out sometime ago on the buses? And was 'Red Diamond' MPD 20505 being used on late night Xmas 002's whilst a 13 plate B7RLE was a Centro tendered 243 the same night? hardly a good advert for the service....

Winston,

1.  We expect to apply for planning this week.  Over the last 2 weeks to have had 2 offers from different parties for Long Acre.
2.  Any service expansions will wait until Simon Cursio starts on 15th January 2015.
3.  3 of the Ex-YourBuses should be in service today.
4.  I am not sure of the exact reasons why.  Some of it will be about what they operated on in the day time and what they came off.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ced on December 12, 2014, 02:11:45 PM
Hi Simon,

1. Good news on the Whittle's coach business purchase, I must admit I didn't think it would have been of interest to Rotala. I guess with your RH & KR bus businesses, it gives you'll the ability to advertise Whittle's day trips / private hire on all the buses & capture a wider audience FOC. Are Rotala buying a scaled down coach business than at present? or are you intending to move some existing Rotala coaches across to make the coach fleet back up to 11?

2. Has there been any developments with the potential expansion of Tividale following the ground tests? Any more interest in Long Acre?

3. Are there still some new registrations to come for Wessex re: new commercial services, as I noticed Wessex were advertising for more drivers for expansion, but other than all the UWE services being changed which appears to be term operating times rather than increased frequencies, I haven't seen anything else to date. Or will any expansion/changes now wait until after your new former First MD starts?

4. We do you hope to take delivery of the first of former ex Yourbus buses acquired? I assume there's nothing else due to cascade to Diamond or any further used or new acquisitions now you know what happening with Whittle's etc?

5. Why is it thedouble-02 branding was used in the recent web adverts for the extending 002 Xmas operating hours, when the branding had started to be phased out sometime ago on the buses?
Winston
for the day trips and  holidays whittles do pick up at Stourbridge  for  holidays and day trips and theatre  trips  with a  inter change  for holidays at least , not sure about the day trips  think they do also . at Worcester croft road car park, by the race coruse  , think they do  something similar  at Wolverhampton for stuff going north think they picked up there as well , if you want some idea of the pick up points go to the whittles site and click on the day trip link.
Simon  could you please tell me why there is a 42 minute  gap in the mornings  on the new 10 time table it's at a time when there are quite a few people travel most days , and with the new timetable of the 2 replacing part of whittles 2A/2C   service  why has it been  cut from every 30Min's to every 40 Min's   I did send  fill in the customer care thing on  the site but the answer I got  I was not impress with, and I asked about the 2 as well and that was not answered   cedric

Cedric,

I am told that the 2 service is poorly used, and with Whittles exit we do not expect that change will increase loadings above its current level.

As yet there is one more service we expect to register, which I am told will compliment this. 

From January the Kidderminster business will have a designated General Manager, at which point his early focus will be on passenger loadings, and the effect of service changes

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 12, 2014, 06:36:31 PM
Hi Simon, do you have any plans on standardising interior?

Dear Sir,

All re-trims are done in our standard interior.

Any new vehicles we spec, depending upon what they are being used for.

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 16, 2014, 07:29:00 AM
Quote from: Ced on December 12, 2014, 02:11:45 PM
Hi Simon,

1. Good news on the Whittle's coach business purchase, I must admit I didn't think it would have been of interest to Rotala. I guess with your RH & KR bus businesses, it gives you'll the ability to advertise Whittle's day trips / private hire on all the buses & capture a wider audience FOC. Are Rotala buying a scaled down coach business than at present? or are you intending to move some existing Rotala coaches across to make the coach fleet back up to 11?

2. Has there been any developments with the potential expansion of Tividale following the ground tests? Any more interest in Long Acre?

3. Are there still some new registrations to come for Wessex re: new commercial services, as I noticed Wessex were advertising for more drivers for expansion, but other than all the UWE services being changed which appears to be term operating times rather than increased frequencies, I haven't seen anything else to date. Or will any expansion/changes now wait until after your new former First MD starts?

4. We do you hope to take delivery of the first of former ex Yourbus buses acquired? I assume there's nothing else due to cascade to Diamond or any further used or new acquisitions now you know what happening with Whittle's etc?

5. Why is it thedouble-02 branding was used in the recent web adverts for the extending 002 Xmas operating hours, when the branding had started to be phased out sometime ago on the buses?
Winston
for the day trips and  holidays whittles do pick up at Stourbridge  for  holidays and day trips and theatre  trips  with a  inter change  for holidays at least , not sure about the day trips  think they do also . at Worcester croft road car park, by the race coruse  , think they do  something similar  at Wolverhampton for stuff going north think they picked up there as well , if you want some idea of the pick up points go to the whittles site and click on the day trip link.
Simon  could you please tell me why there is a 42 minute  gap in the mornings  on the new 10 time table it's at a time when there are quite a few people travel most days , and with the new timetable of the 2 replacing part of whittles 2A/2C   service  why has it been  cut from every 30Min's to every 40 Min's   I did send  fill in the customer care thing on  the site but the answer I got  I was not impress with, and I asked about the 2 as well and that was not answered   cedric

Cedric,

I am told that the 2 service is poorly used, and with Whittles exit we do not expect that change will increase loadings above its current level.

As yet there is one more service we expect to register, which I am told will compliment this. 

From January the Kidderminster business will have a designated General Manager, at which point his early focus will be on passenger loadings, and the effect of service changes

Simon

Simon
From someone that uses the 2  very frequently  the 2 is well used  and will be
used a lot more now whittles have finished it will be used more , why your
loadings went down  was the fact whittles fares where cheaper . and they
called at a couple of  place you did not.  cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 16, 2014, 07:26:26 AM
Hi Simon,

1. Has there been any developments with the potential expansion of Tividale following the ground tests? Any more interest in Long Acre?

2. Are there still some new registrations to come for Wessex re: new commercial services, as I noticed Wessex were advertising for more drivers for expansion, but other than all the UWE services being changed which appears to be term operating times rather than increased frequencies, I haven't seen anything else to date. Or will any expansion/changes now wait until after your new former First MD starts?

3. We do you hope to take delivery of the first of former ex Yourbus buses acquired? I assume there's nothing else due to cascade to Diamond or any further used or new acquisitions now you know what happening with Whittle's etc?

4. Why is it thedouble-02 branding was used in the recent web adverts for the extending 002 Xmas operating hours, when the branding had started to be phased out sometime ago on the buses? And was 'Red Diamond' MPD 20505 being used on late night Xmas 002's whilst a 13 plate B7RLE was a Centro tendered 243 the same night? hardly a good advert for the service....

Winston,

1.  We expect to apply for planning this week.  Over the last 2 weeks to have had 2 offers from different parties for Long Acre.
2.  Any service expansions will wait until Simon Cursio starts on 15th January 2015.
4.  I am not sure of the exact reasons why.  Some of it will be about what they operated on in the day time and what they came off.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

1A. Are you able to reveal what you're hoping to do with the Tividale site? I.e. is it still the intention to to expand the width up to the edge of the canal?
1B. Do the 2 offers value the Long Acre site similar to Rotala's / can you see a deal potentially concluded?   

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 16, 2014, 09:41:16 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

1A. Are you able to reveal what you're hoping to do with the Tividale site? I.e. is it still the intention to to expand the width up to the edge of the canal?
1B. Do the 2 offers value the Long Acre site similar to Rotala's / can you see a deal potentially concluded?

Winston,

1A - Widen the site to create an additional parking area 11 metres deep into the bank, and around 150 metres long.  Creating around 50 additional parking spaces
1B - With the ecocnomic recovery underway Long Acre is the only site on the market of its type in the area.  So we expect the site, to sell early next year.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 16, 2014, 09:44:14 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

1A - Widen the site to create an additional parking area 11 metres deep into the bank, and around 150 metres long.  Creating around 50 additional parking spaces
1B - With the ecocnomic recovery underway Long Acre is the only site on the market of its type in the area.  So we expect the site, to sell early next year.

Simon

Simon,

Thanks for your response,

1A. Blimey, I didn't think it would increase the allocation as much as that, are the 50 parking spaces based on midi's or full size buses? Would you have to add any additional bays to the engineering block to add capacity there?

1B. If Long Acre is indeed vacated, would it still be the intention to source a small depot over Solihull/Coventry way as previous?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 16, 2014, 09:49:39 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Simon,

1A. Blimey, I didn't think it would increase the allocation as much as that, are the 50 parking spaces based on midi's or full size buses? Would you have to add any additional bays to the engineering block to add capacity there?

1B. If Long Acre is indeed vacated, would it still be the intention to source a small depot over Solihull/Coventry way as previous?

Winston,

1A - I missed out that we are looking to change the internal configuration of the building to increase the Engineering bays by 2, and to build a third level on the office block.
1B - We will look at options.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 16, 2014, 09:53:59 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Simon,

Winston,

1A - I missed out that we are looking to change the internal configuration of the building to increase the Engineering bays by 2, and to build a third level on the office block.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

That level of re-development would take some time to design & build, I assume although Long Acre could sell earlier next year, Rotala would stay put until the Tividale expansion was completed?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 16, 2014, 10:04:55 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 16, 2014, 09:53:59 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

That level of re-development would take some time to design & build, I assume although Long Acre could sell earlier next year, Rotala would stay put until the Tividale expansion was completed?

Winston,

We don't think it will take long.  Around several months

Simon

PM

Hi Simon

In response to a couple of your points:

1) As yet there is one more service we expect to register, which I am told will compliment this.

Would this compliment the Kidderminster-Bewdley corridor services?

2) Would keeping the clockface timetable on the 2 be a good way of attracting passenger growth by keeping things simpler for passengers?

3) Which of the ex Yourbus vehicles were in service today and where? Presumably the e300's were at RH?

4) Is 30862 into TE a permanent transfer or just a loan?

Many thanks!

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

Have Rotala made any offers to EYMS to buy any of the 03 or the 04 plate Darts that Whittle's currently operate and also the Enviros they operate it would be great to see the Darts stay in Kidderminster as they could replace some of the older fleet currently there and the Enviros could potentially be moved over to Redditch for example.

Will - Simon has answered this a few days ago just a bit further up in this thread

Tony - Oh sorry mate I didn't notice

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 16, 2014, 08:34:48 PM
Hi Simon

In response to a couple of your points:

1) As yet there is one more service we expect to register, which I am told will compliment this.

Would this compliment the Kidderminster-Bewdley corridor services?

2) Would keeping the clockface timetable on the 2 be a good way of attracting passenger growth by keeping things simpler for passengers?

3) Which of the ex Yourbus vehicles were in service today and where? Presumably the e300's were at RH?

4) Is 30862 into TE a permanent transfer or just a loan?

Many thanks!

Dear Sir,

1.  I would rather not say
2.  We have been out this week, monitoring journeys on the 2 and to be honest we are not noticing heavy loads.
3.  Both E300's and SJ04DVL
4.  Yes

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on December 17, 2014, 02:26:51 PM
Hi Simon,

Have Rotala made any offers to EYMS to buy any of the 03 or the 04 plate Darts that Whittle's currently operate and also the Enviros they operate it would be great to see the Darts stay in Kidderminster as they could replace some of the older fleet currently there and the Enviros could potentially be moved over to Redditch for example.

Will - Simon has answered this a few days ago just a bit further up in this thread

Tony - Oh sorry mate I didn't notice

Will,

Since I was last asked that conversation, we did ask Whittles if they wanted to sell any of the buses.  Their preference seemed to transfer the vehicles into EYMS at that point

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk