News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on November 20, 2014, 09:02:11 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 20, 2014, 08:38:24 AM
Quote from: Winston on November 20, 2014, 08:25:15 AM
Hi Simon,

With the impending closure of Whittle's bus business, I was wondering if it might be worth Rotala approaching EYMS Group about the possibility of acquiring some of it's larger Darts which will become surplus i.e.

154 YX03MWG
155 YX03MWJ
156 YX03MWK
164 GK03NFT
170 YX04JVW

Of the few older Darts that may need replacing in the EYMS fleet, I suspect the E200's returning to Hull might cover those.

Winston,

We are always looking for good value opportunities to improve our fleet.

Last year I spent several months, and several hundreds of thousands of pounds dealing with an OFT enquiry, and until EYMS have concluded any transaction the last thing I would want to do would be to get involved with some potential conspiracy theory over why we had acquired some buses.

Simon

Simon,

Fair point, I just thought it might have been a mutually beneficial transaction that benefits both parties. Maybe best to wait until after 5th Jan then.

Based of your previous Oft experience, I assume Diamond not be registering any additional services covering any former Whittle's routes until approached by WCC or other parties, as that would surely attract more conspiracy theories then buying a few surplus buses & using them on your existing services?

Winston,

We will do what we consider to be in our best interests.

Within Rotala I work with a Director who I have done so for over 15 years, who will assess what we should do and I believe that will result in an increased presence

Simon

tank90

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 20, 2014, 09:05:50 AM
Hi Simon,

With the impending closure of Whittle's bus business, I was wondering if it might be worth Rotala approaching EYMS Group about the possibility of acquiring some of it's larger Darts which will become surplus i.e.

154 YX03MWG
155 YX03MWJ
156 YX03MWK
164 GK03NFT
170 YX04JVW

Of the few older Darts that may need replacing in the EYMS fleet, I suspect the E200's returning to Hull might cover those.

Winston,

Last year I spent several months, and several hundreds of thousands of pounds dealing with an OFT enquiry, and until EYMS have concluded any transaction the last thing I would want to do would be to get involved with some potential conspiracy theory over why we had acquired some buses.

Simon

Simon,

Fair point, I just thought it might have been a mutually beneficial transaction that benefits both parties. Maybe best to wait until after 5th Jan then.

Based of your previous Oft experience, I assume Diamond not be registering any additional services covering any former Whittle's routes until approached by WCC or other parties, as that would surely attract more conspiracy theories then buying a few surplus buses & using them on your existing services?

Winston,

Within Rotala I work with a Director who I have done so for over 15 years, who will assess what we should do and I believe that will result in an increased presence

Simon

I know you've said already, but couldn't you just say to EYMS that you are interested in some of there Whittle Fleet if a buyer is not found and they choose to close Whittle?
I would have thought after Whittle has closed you'd be dealing with EYMS in Yorkshire not with Whittle or doesn't the OFT work like that.
But I was only thinking if stated interest with them that the early bird gets the worm and all that.

Dan
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Simon Dunn

Quote from: tank90 on November 20, 2014, 04:32:25 PM
Hi Simon,

154 YX03MWG
155 YX03MWJ
156 YX03MWK
164 GK03NFT
170 YX04JVW

Winston,

Simon

Simon,

Winston,

Simon

I know you've said already, but couldn't you just say to EYMS that you are interested in some of there Whittle Fleet if a buyer is not found and they choose to close Whittle?
I would have thought after Whittle has closed you'd be dealing with EYMS in Yorkshire not with Whittle or doesn't the OFT work like that.
But I was only thinking if stated interest with them that the early bird gets the worm and all that.

Dan

Dan,

If we truly wanted 10 x 2003-2005 darts Dawsons Rentals have loads.

Our interest will be driven by the price.

Simon

tank90

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 20, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

Dan

Dan,

Simon

That seems a fair point, but then again ask now you have time to get the price you want later, if they do end up Closing Whittle.

Dan
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Hi Simon,

154 YX03MWG
155 YX03MWJ
156 YX03MWK
164 GK03NFT
170 YX04JVW

Winston,

Simon

Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Dan

Dan,

Simon

Simon,

Would such vehicles not be ideal for getting rid of the remaining cadets and red and white diamond darts where routes cannot support b7rle's/e300's?

tank90

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 20, 2014, 05:32:29 PM

Dan,

Simon

Simon,

Would such vehicles not be ideal for getting rid of the remaining cadets and red and white diamond darts where routes cannot support b7rle's/e300's?

As Simon said to me IF they TRULY wanted them then Dawsons wouldn't have them. Granted there wasn't harm in sugguesting but really we'd be better off not pointing out things like that.....

I think we should credit Diamond and Simon in the fact they know what they want and at what price. It is easy for me you and others to say you should do this and that to do x y and z. But at the end of the day Simon and his team know what they have to spend and what needs to happen. We can only highlight promblems we come across and if we see buses that might help diamond tell him. Not force him, but trust he'll look into if it is right.

Dan

Dan

Cedric

Simon
anymore news of what's likely to be happing in Kidderminster in the new year with the closure of whittles  on the 4/1/15 
I know there are things that you can not disclose  on here .  just wondered if  there was any  thing you could let us know
please I am interested   I live in Kidderminster  and  also travel to bewdley    a lot  just wondering  if your frequenise
to bewdley on the 2 are being cut  to every 40mins  as I know   asked this a couple of weeks ago ,  people in the area
are now saying this so just wonder if thing had  changed or  if someone  had seen it on the WCC website  before it was taken
of it due to the error you mention before.
regards
cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ced on December 01, 2014, 09:12:26 PM
Simon
anymore news of what's likely to be happing in Kidderminster in the new year with the closure of whittles  on the 4/1/15 
I know there are things that you can not disclose  on here .  just wondered if  there was any  thing you could let us know
please I am interested   I live in Kidderminster  and  also travel to bewdley    a lot  just wondering  if your frequenise
to bewdley on the 2 are being cut  to every 40mins  as I know   asked this a couple of weeks ago ,  people in the area
are now saying this so just wonder if thing had  changed or  if someone  had seen it on the WCC website  before it was taken
of it due to the error you mention before.
regards
cedric

Cedric,

Over the next couple of days we will put in place our intended service revisions.

Simon

Cedric

Simon
Starting  some time in January (supposed to be according to WFDC)  , there is major redevelopment of the town centre
in the area of the town hall ,  and  it will affected everything . the taxi rank is being moved , and they say  the bus
stops are as well. just wondered if you know  any thing   about where they  would be for the   the terminus  .
Cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ced on December 05, 2014, 03:33:20 PM
Simon
Starting  some time in January (supposed to be according to WFDC)  , there is major redevelopment of the town centre
in the area of the town hall ,  and  it will affected everything . the taxi rank is being moved , and they say  the bus
stops are as well. just wondered if you know  any thing   about where they  would be for the   the terminus  .
Cedric

Cedric,

Yes we are aware.  We have attended meetings about the proposed changes, but we are told at present they are on hold

Simon

the trainbasher

Hi Simon. Do you know if there is any plans to offer the Value Returns on swift PAYG?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 05, 2014, 04:13:56 PM
Hi Simon. Do you know if there is any plans to offer the Value Returns on swift PAYG?

Dear Sir,

The development of the swift PAYE is down to Centro.

We would like a lot more of our product range on swift.  However, we are in Centro's hands.

Simon

Tara4352

Hi simon
How could I get tivadale garage tour
Tara

To request a depot tour of any Diamond garage you would need to contact Dave Russell on the following email address:

dave.russell@rotala.co.uk

Winston

winston

Hi Simon,

1. Has there been any developments with the potential expansion of Tividale following the ground tests? Any more interest in Long Acre?

2. Are there still some new registrations to come for Wessex re: new commercial services, as I noticed Wessex were advertising for more drivers for expansion, but other than all the UWE services being changed which appears to be term operating times rather than increased frequencies, I haven't seen anything else to date. Or will any expansion/changes now wait until after your new former First MD starts?

3. We do you hope to take delivery of the first of former ex Yourbus buses acquired? I assume there's nothing else due to cascade to Diamond or any further used or new acquisitions now you know what happening with Whittle's etc?

4. Why is it thedouble-02 branding was used in the recent web adverts for the extending 002 Xmas operating hours, when the branding had started to be phased out sometime ago on the buses? And was 'Red Diamond' MPD 20505 being used on late night Xmas 002's whilst a 13 plate B7RLE was a Centro tendered 243 the same night? hardly a good advert for the service....

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2014, 12:08:25 PM
Hi Simon,

1. Good news on the Whittle's coach business purchase, I must admit I didn't think it would have been of interest to Rotala. I guess with your RH & KR bus businesses, it gives you'll the ability to advertise Whittle's day trips / private hire on all the buses & capture a wider audience FOC. Are Rotala buying a scaled down coach business than at present? or are you intending to move some existing Rotala coaches across to make the coach fleet back up to 11?

2. Has there been any developments with the potential expansion of Tividale following the ground tests? Any more interest in Long Acre?

3. Are there still some new registrations to come for Wessex re: new commercial services, as I noticed Wessex were advertising for more drivers for expansion, but other than all the UWE services being changed which appears to be term operating times rather than increased frequencies, I haven't seen anything else to date. Or will any expansion/changes now wait until after your new former First MD starts?

4. We do you hope to take delivery of the first of former ex Yourbus buses acquired? I assume there's nothing else due to cascade to Diamond or any further used or new acquisitions now you know what happening with Whittle's etc?

5. Why is it thedouble-02 branding was used in the recent web adverts for the extending 002 Xmas operating hours, when the branding had started to be phased out sometime ago on the buses?
Winston
for the day trips and  holidays whittles do pick up at Stourbridge  for  holidays and day trips and theatre  trips  with a  inter change  for holidays at least , not sure about the day trips  think they do also . at Worcester croft road car park, by the race coruse  , think they do  something similar  at Wolverhampton for stuff going north think they picked up there as well , if you want some idea of the pick up points go to the whittles site and click on the day trip link.
Simon  could you please tell me why there is a 42 minute  gap in the mornings  on the new 10 time table it's at a time when there are quite a few people travel most days , and with the new timetable of the 2 replacing part of whittles 2A/2C   service  why has it been  cut from every 30Min's to every 40 Min's   I did send  fill in the customer care thing on  the site but the answer I got  I was not impress with, and I asked about the 2 as well and that was not answered   cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk