News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 30, 2014, 02:00:59 PM
Hi Simon,

1. The Wessex Star changes at UWE appear to be well received based on the comments below from another forum:

I saw three 14s loading together at Market Gate this morning (2x deckers and 1x Centro) all full standing loads with swarms waiting.

Could Rotala not take some of the Euro 5 Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini's from Volvo dealer stock that are currently available/fit well within the existing Wessex double deck fleet? They could then either fully convert one or both of Wessex Star routes 13 & 14 to full double decker operation.

Older B7RLE/Centro or Wright Eclipse could then be cascaded to Diamond to boost the number of full size single deckers here & allow older MPD's to leave by moving more bigger Darts in to KR.

2. What type of buses do Diamond plan to use on the new commercial service 302?

Winston,

1.  Wessex

At the start of term travelling patterns are erractic, after a few weeks in they will settle and we can then properly assess what is required.

2.  302

We need to look at how we currently allocate the current fleet with the pending changes.

3.  16 changes

Before you ask, the 16 changes are to deal with timeliness issues, it in essence increases the PVR at peak

Simon

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

Wondered whether I could clear something up I overheard a chap in Kidderminster say the other day that the land where the Kiddy depot sits does not belong to Diamond but it allegedly belongs to Wyre Forest District Council and I also overheard him say that Diamond may need to re-locate to new premises.

Is there's any truth in what he said?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on October 07, 2014, 04:31:38 PM
Hi Simon,

Wondered whether I could clear something up I overheard a chap in Kidderminster say the other day that the land where the Kiddy depot sits does not belong to Rotala & from what I can gather eventually you may need to find new premises for KD I just wondered if there's any truth in what this chap said truth be known I don't believe it myself either.

Will,

Over a period of time we have moved the ownership of nearly all our properties into a wholely owned subsidiary of Rotala Plc called Hallbridge Way Properties Ltd this includes both the premises at Redditch and Kidderminster.

I can confirm that we have recieved no offer for the sale of the Kidderminster site.  What I would say though, if we recieved an exceptional offer for any of our properties we would consider it.

Simon

Westy

Quote from: Westy on September 30, 2014, 01:23:14 PM
Any plans to jointly promote the 301 & 302 when the latter starts, hopefully with a joint leaflet,  as you're not included on the current Network West Midlands leaflet?

In case you missed it!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on October 07, 2014, 05:03:49 PM
Any plans to jointly promote the 301 & 302 when the latter starts, hopefully with a joint leaflet,  as you're not included on the current Network West Midlands leaflet?

In case you missed it!

Sorry, yes we will be

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 07, 2014, 05:06:26 PM

In case you missed it!

Sorry, yes we will be

Would you mind sticking some leaflets in the Walsall Travel Shop please?

Cedric

Quote from: Will on October 07, 2014, 04:31:38 PM
Hi Simon,

Wondered whether I could clear something up I overheard a chap in Kidderminster say the other day that the land where the Kiddy depot sits does not belong to Diamond but it allegedly belongs to Wyre Forest District Council and I also overheard him say that Diamond may need to re-locate to new premises.

Is there's any truth in what he said?
will the bus stops by the town are due to be relocated to oxford street  due to redevolpement by the town hall turning exchange street in exchange place. keep looking in the shuttle or their website for details as they come up. and one point about  the depot site WFDC never owned the site it was the CMC  carpet factory car park.  till factory shut  and then many years out of use other than  motorcyclists training school. 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on October 07, 2014, 07:10:29 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 07, 2014, 05:06:26 PM

In case you missed it!

Sorry, yes we will be

Would you mind sticking some leaflets in the Walsall Travel Shop please?

We will try.

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon, quick question I know you intend to transfer more buses over to Kiddy shortly but could you tell me which vehicles (i.e. fleet numbers) these are to be?

Thanks

Will :)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on October 09, 2014, 01:02:59 PM
Hi Simon, quick question I know you intend to transfer more buses over to Kiddy shortly but could you tell me which vehicles (i.e. fleet numbers) these are to be?

Thanks

Will

30202   V463TVV
30203   V464TVV

We are also looking at some second hand fleet replacements.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 10, 2014, 02:05:43 PM
Quote from: Will on October 09, 2014, 01:02:59 PM

Thanks

Will

30202   V463TVV
30203   V464TVV

We are also looking at some second hand fleet replacements.

Simon

Cool and also apart from some of the MPDs that are going does this include any of the long Darts for e.g. 30637 etc?

Westy

Hi . Next time you update the electronic displays,  any chance you could spell Mossley correctly?

Just saw 2 301's displaying Mossely !

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Westy on October 11, 2014, 12:14:47 PM
Hi . Next time you update the electronic displays,  any chance you could spell Mossley correctly?

I second that! On some of the vehicles in Kidderminster on the 10 it displays

" 10 Kidderminster via Offmore, Spennels "

Now the "Spennels" bit is incorrect as it's actually spelt "Spennells"

Cedric

Simon hope the recruitment  day went well for you today and you got the extra staff you need,
any new on the second hand fleet  replacements. you spoke. about.   may I say the other week
I had cause to complain about  a bus I went to catch not turning up and I contacted your
customer care dept who looked in to it for me and within 2 weeks I go a reply why the bus
never came. which I understand why,   
cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on October 11, 2014, 12:14:47 PM

I am told this has now been rectified

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk