News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sayeed

Quote from: Winston on September 28, 2014, 12:05:50 AM
Mistral also have 2 x standard E300's for sale:

11.8m Enviro 300, Cummins E4, 44 seats Registered October 2007, 2 available Price £52,495

Simon, did mentioned long time ago that he won't be buying any more buses from Mistral due to the poor condition of Streetlites they got it from them.
Век живи - век учись

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 22, 2014, 10:06:12 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 22, 2014, 06:51:07 AM
Quote from: Will on September 19, 2014, 10:59:20 AM
Hi Simon,

Few questions from me

1) Do you have any intentions to reinstate (30378, S378 TMB); (31495, S405 TMB) into service at Kidderminster?
2) When do you intend to withdraw all the MPD's from Kidderminster and then once that's been completed where will they all go to?
3) Will you be transferring any Centro's; Volvo's or Cadets to Kidderminster?
4) I was told by a source that some more routes are being moved over to Kidderminster from Tividale in around October can you confirm what these are to be?
5) Are W901/W903 JNF still being reinstated at Kidderminster if so when? Also will that include the transfer of 30902 (W902 JNF) from Redditch to Kidderminster?
6) What is happening with 20503 (T71 JBA) is that going to be reinstated anywhere (i.e. Tividale; Long Acre; Redditch)  at any point or is it indefinitely withdrawn? I assume if it's the latter I gather it will be scrapped/sold?

As always I look foward to your replies.
Will.

Will,

1.  No we don't.
2.  We are actively trying to sell them.  We will withdraw some when the 2 x ExStagecoach buses are done
3.  There is no intention to at present. 
4.  No.
5.  We have not planned to do so.
6.  It is currently for sale

Simon

Simon,

2. Aren't V-reg Darts @ 15 years old already a bit old to be converting to DDA compliant for further service? Are Rotala intending to buy more of these or are these two a one off?

It will cost a minimal amount of money to convert them and they have been exchanged for similiar age vehicles.  So therefore, there is limited cost

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 22, 2014, 10:17:47 PM
Hi Simon

Just a couple of quick questions from me:

1) Do you intend to sell the 02 plate VDL SB120/Wright Cadets? Do you also plan to sell the X and 55 plate ones?

2) You mention MPDs from KR being for sale-is the intention to try to sell some of the newer MPDs ie 54 plate?

3) Do you also plan to sell the ones in Black Diamond livery in preference to those repainted blue?

4) Do you foresee a need to acquire more new/secondhand vehicles after the cadets and other sales are considered?

5) What do you foresee moving into KR to replace MPDs as for eg Droitwich town services-isn't their capacity about right?

Many Thanks again :)

Dear Sir,

1.  If we had a suitable offer we would consider selling them
2.  The intention is to remove the older MPD's. 
3.  Again, the preference is to sell the older short buses
4.  If we dispose of the cadets we will need to acquire some more modern longer vehicles.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 28, 2014, 12:05:50 AM
Hi Simon,

Probably not of interest, but could be a way to releasing further B7RLE to Tividale or older E300's to KR. As MPD's seem to be increasingly appearing on the 002 and KR could obviously do with more bigger buses.

I believe there are currently 3 x 57 plate standard E300's for sale, as follows:

2007 57 Enviro 300 Euro 4 6 cyl Cummins engine with Allison auto box, 42 seats with 3 point belts plus standing. Very little use hence low mileage of 153,000. In excellent condition with 12 months MoT. First to see will buy. £45,350 plus VAT OVNO
Tel : 01978 824666 / 0756 540 5060

Mistral also have 2 x standard E300's for sale:

11.8m Enviro 300, Cummins E4, 44 seats Registered October 2007, 2 available Price £52,495

Winston,

All vehicles which we would consider.  However, I have no desire to deal with Mistral following previous problems

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon, could you tell me why (30516, W906 JNF) hasn't yet entered service in Kidderminster yet and also do you intend to respray the Black Diamond buses that are at KD or are they staying as Black?

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 29, 2014, 02:31:49 PM

Simon,

2. Aren't V-reg Darts @ 15 years old already a bit old to be converting to DDA compliant for further service? Are Rotala intending to buy more of these or are these two a one off?

It will cost a minimal amount of money to convert them and they have been exchanged for similiar age vehicles.  So therefore, there is limited cost

Simon

Simon,

Can you confirm the identities of the exchanged vehicles?  i.e. will they from the operational fleet or reserve/withdrawn fleet

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 29, 2014, 02:59:48 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 29, 2014, 02:31:49 PM

Simon,

Simon

Simon,

Can you confirm the identities of the exchanged vehicles?  i.e. will they from the operational fleet or reserve/withdrawn fleet

Winston

S396HVV
R660GCA
W335VGX
S393HVV

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on September 29, 2014, 02:42:44 PM
Hi Simon, could you tell me why (30516, W906 JNF) hasn't yet entered service in Kidderminster yet and also do you intend to respray the Black Diamond buses that are at KD or are they staying as Black?

Will,

It is at Kidderminster having a number of panels changed, etc before it goes to paint.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 29, 2014, 02:36:48 PM

Winston,

All vehicles which we would consider.  However, I have no desire to deal with Mistral following previous problems

Simon,

It's not even worth considering using your past bad experiences to screw a better deal out of Mistral?

Do you have any idea when Rotala's plans for Wessex will become public?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 29, 2014, 03:13:00 PM

Winston,

Simon,

It's not even worth considering using your past bad experiences to screw a better deal out of Mistral?

Winston,

I doubt it.

With regards Wessex around Xmas

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 29, 2014, 03:15:28 PM
Quote from: Winston on September 29, 2014, 03:13:00 PM

Winston,

Simon,

Winston,

I doubt it.

With regards Wessex around Xmas

Simon

Simon,

Thanks for your replies,

I look forward to seeing your plans for Wessex released

PM

Hi Simon

Many thanks for your replies-as ever

Just a couple more things I was interested about.

1) Are you actively trying to sell the remaining cadets?

2) Which MPDs are you trying to sell?

3) Which type of vehicle do you feel is most suitable for operating in Kidderminster as I understand a StreetLite was over there recently?

4) Do you feel there is scope to part exchange further darts that are withdrawn, perhaps even acquiring more euro3 darts in the process?

5) What are the plans for the following vehicles-ie remaining darts within Diamond that aren't blue.

S397HVV

T443EBD

V377SVV

V391SVV

W567JVV

Y211/2HWJ

W337VGX

S377TMB

W901/3JNF

6) Have the changes to the 2 been well-received?

7) Until recently, Diamond produced a Kidderminster network guide. Would it be a viable idea producing this again, as many of the services have recently changed, as you know? How about for Redditch?

Many Thanks again and I look forward to your reply

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 29, 2014, 04:52:31 PM
Hi Simon

Many thanks for your replies-as ever

Just a couple more things I was interested about.

1) Are you actively trying to sell the remaining cadets?

2) Which MPDs are you trying to sell?

3) Which type of vehicle do you feel is most suitable for operating in Kidderminster as I understand a StreetLite was over there recently?

4) Do you feel there is scope to part exchange further darts that are withdrawn, perhaps even acquiring more euro3 darts in the process?

5) What are the plans for the following vehicles-ie remaining darts within Diamond that aren't blue.

S397HVV

T443EBD

V377SVV

V391SVV

W567JVV

Y211/2HWJ

W337VGX

S377TMB

W901/3JNF

6) Have the changes to the 2 been well-received?

7) Until recently, Diamond produced a Kidderminster network guide. Would it be a viable idea producing this again, as many of the services have recently changed, as you know? How about for Redditch?

Many Thanks again and I look forward to your reply

Dear Sir,

1.  No. 
2.  We are happy to dispose of any MPD.  Although, our primary focus is on the older ones.
3.  The Streetlite shouldnt have ended up at Kidderminster.  This is not something, I have given any thought to at present.
4.  There is always potential, but it is limited
5.  We will dispose of any of these vehicles should someone want one of their type and size.  Until such time as they are sold, we will continue to operate them and they will be painted blue.
6.  Yes
7.  These two guides will be updated in due course

Simon

Westy

Any plans to jointly promote the 301 & 302 when the latter starts, hopefully with a joint leaflet,  as you're not included on the current Network West Midlands leaflet?

winston

Hi Simon,

1. The Wessex Star changes at UWE appear to be well received based on the comments below from another forum:

I saw three 14s loading together at Market Gate this morning (2x deckers and 1x Centro) all full standing loads with swarms waiting.

Could Rotala not take some of the Euro 5 Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini's from Volvo dealer stock that are currently available/fit well within the existing Wessex double deck fleet? They could then either fully convert one or both of Wessex Star routes 13 & 14 to full double decker operation.

Older B7RLE/Centro or Wright Eclipse could then be cascaded to Diamond to boost the number of full size single deckers here & allow older MPD's to leave by moving more bigger Darts in to KR.

2. What type of buses do Diamond plan to use on the new commercial service 302?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk