News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on September 12, 2014, 10:44:49 AM
Hi Simon,

Some further questions from me:

1. What is happening regarding the new Droitwich town services that were cancelled via VOSA from 4th Sept. Are they still being operated / or is it an admin error etc?
2. Can you confirm the changes being made to the 226 timetable (as there are the two conflicting registrations entered on VOSA), additionally will the route be reverting back to MPD's rather than the newer Solo's?
3. Will W904JNF be re-instated once repaired? seeing it has only recently returned to service rebuilt
4. What plans do Rotala have for the 2 ex Stagecoach Dart/ALX200's given that they don't appear to be DDA compliant but have been given fleetnumbers?
5. As suggested on the forum, would it be a viable option for Diamond to consider taking on the 326 commercially following the loss of the Centro contract? Given that it is operated at a half hourly frequency rather than hourly as most other tendered routes
6. Have there been any further developments regarding vehicle sales or any possibility of any additional larger vehicles being acquired to replace the Cadets at Tividale & anything else which has been sold?
7. Have Diamond considered the possibility of replacing Whittle's 125 hourly journey's that have been cut between Kidderminster & Stourbridge to link in with Diamond WM services? I may as provide a means of getting 142 buses back from Stourbidge to KR depot in service. With Xmas fast approaching a service between Kidderminster & Merry Hill via Stourbridge may also be worth consideration.
8. Are there any plans to change the balance of contracted work at Wessex in favour of more commercial work? At present First Bristol appear to be intent on pushing Wessex off certain tendered routes by taking them on commercially, the 178/179 being the latest examples from early Nov. In additional, First have substantially increased their presence serving UWE campuses and will no doubt bid aggressively for any future Park & Ride routes & possibly the UWE contract as/when they come up for tender.
9. Were the recent Heathrow Airport elements of TGM recently sold by Arriva of interest to Rotala?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your replies,

Winston,

I think I may be able to answer question (3); (Simon, I hope you don't mind and please do correct me if I am wrong)

From what source(s) have told me 30904 won't be returning to service at KD (or elsewhere) for the time being.

Simon Dunn

Hi Simon,

1. What is happening regarding the new Droitwich town services that were cancelled via VOSA from 4th Sept. Are they still being operated / or is it an admin error etc?
2. Can you confirm the changes being made to the 226 timetable (as there are the two conflicting registrations entered on VOSA), additionally will the route be reverting back to MPD's rather than the newer Solo's?
3. Will W904JNF be re-instated once repaired? seeing it has only recently returned to service rebuilt
4. What plans do Rotala have for the 2 ex Stagecoach Dart/ALX200's given that they don't appear to be DDA compliant but have been given fleetnumbers?
5. As suggested on the forum, would it be a viable option for Diamond to consider taking on the 326 commercially following the loss of the Centro contract? Given that it is operated at a half hourly frequency rather than hourly as most other tendered routes
6. Have there been any further developments regarding vehicle sales or any possibility of any additional larger vehicles being acquired to replace the Cadets at Tividale & anything else which has been sold?
7. Have Diamond considered the possibility of replacing Whittle's 125 hourly journey's that have been cut between Kidderminster & Stourbridge to link in with Diamond WM services? I may as provide a means of getting 142 buses back from Stourbidge to KR depot in service. With Xmas fast approaching a service between Kidderminster & Merry Hill via Stourbridge may also be worth consideration.
8. Are there any plans to change the balance of contracted work at Wessex in favour of more commercial work? At present First Bristol appear to be intent on pushing Wessex off certain tendered routes by taking them on commercially, the 178/179 being the latest examples from early Nov. In additional, First have substantially increased their presence serving UWE campuses and will no doubt bid aggressively for any future Park & Ride routes & possibly the UWE contract as/when they come up for tender.
9. Were the recent Heathrow Airport elements of TGM recently sold by Arriva of interest to Rotala?

Winston,

Sorry for the delay in response.

1.  I understand this is a VOSA error and should be corrected now.
2.  We are trialling different vehicles on the 226, to see what performs the best.  In respect of the registration it is the removal of the subsidised journeys
3.  Will is correct
4.  They will be DDA compliant
5.  No.
6.  There has been no more actual sales
7.  No we haven't
8.  By default, the balance is changing.  I would rather not say anything else at this point. 
9.  We would have been interested if it was offered to us.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 19, 2014, 09:55:49 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

2.  We are trialling different vehicles on the 226, to see what performs the best.  In respect of the registration it is the removal of the subsidised journeys
3.  Will is correct
5.  No.
7.  No we haven't
8.  By default, the balance is changing.  I would rather not say anything else at this point. 

Simon

Simon, no problem, thanks for your replies as always!

8. Here's a First Bristol route that may be worth considering targeting with a new commercial service?
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Reader-s-letter-grand-daughter-consistently-let/story-22935363-detail/story.html

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 19, 2014, 10:29:07 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

3.  Will is correct
5.  No.
7.  No we haven't

Simon

8. Here's a First Bristol route that may be worth considering targeting with a new commercial service?
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Reader-s-letter-grand-daughter-consistently-let/story-22935363-detail/story.html

Winston,

Up to 2010, the 18 was part of the 517/8 service which was a subsidised contract provided by Bristol City Council.  Up until the tender round, we operated the route.  Post tender, South Gloucestershire County Council tendered the 18, and Bristol tendered the 501/502, which was 2 halfs of the route.  The route ran from one side of Bristol to the other, and was really unreliable. 

None of these services are commercially viable.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 19, 2014, 10:36:17 AM
Quote from: Winston on September 19, 2014, 10:29:07 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

3.  Will is correct
5.  No.
7.  No we haven't

Simon

Winston,

Up to 2010, the 18 was part of the 517/8 service which was a subsidised contract provided by Bristol City Council.  Up until the tender round, we operated the route.  Post tender, South Gloucestershire County Council tendered the 18, and Bristol tendered the 501/502, which was 2 halfs of the route.  The route ran from one side of Bristol to the other, and was really unreliable. 

None of these services are commercially viable.

Simon

Fair enough, I'm not that familiar with First Bristol services but though it was worth a mention

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

Few questions from me

1) Do you have any intentions to reinstate (30378, S378 TMB); (31495, S405 TMB) into service at Kidderminster?
2) When do you intend to withdraw all the MPD's from Kidderminster and then once that's been completed where will they all go to?
3) Will you be transferring any Centro's; Volvo's or Cadets to Kidderminster?
4) I was told by a source that some more routes are being moved over to Kidderminster from Tividale in around October can you confirm what these are to be?
5) Are W901/W903 JNF still being reinstated at Kidderminster if so when? Also will that include the transfer of 30902 (W902 JNF) from Redditch to Kidderminster?
6) What is happening with 20503 (T71 JBA) is that going to be reinstated anywhere (i.e. Tividale; Long Acre; Redditch)  at any point or is it indefinitely withdrawn? I assume if it's the latter I gather it will be scrapped/sold?

As always I look foward to your replies.
Will.

Cedric

Simon
Do you know what is wrong at Kidderminster  buses on several routes have not turned  up    at different times. 
I know  two services that this has happened on that is the 1 and the 2/2L  . is there a shortage of vechicles or
drivers .
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on September 19, 2014, 10:59:20 AM
2) Where has 30388 (V388 SVV) gone? As I haven't seen it in service in KD for 2/3 weeks
7) What is happening with 20503 (T71 JBA) is that going to be reinstated anywhere (i.e. Tividale; Long Acre; Redditch)  at any point or is it indefinitely withdrawn?

V388 SVV has been in service this week.
I think Simon has previously said T71 JBA was withdrawn for eventual sale.

Simon Dunn

Hi Simon,

Few questions from me

1) Do you have any intentions to reinstate (30378, S378 TMB); (31495, S405 TMB) into service at Kidderminster?
2) When do you intend to withdraw all the MPD's from Kidderminster and then once that's been completed where will they all go to?
4) I was told by a source that some more routes are being moved over to Kidderminster from Tividale in around October can you confirm what these are to be?
5) Are W901/W903 JNF still being reinstated at Kidderminster if so when? Also will that include the transfer of 30902 (W902 JNF) from Redditch to Kidderminster?
6) What is happening with 20503 (T71 JBA) is that going to be reinstated anywhere (i.e. Tividale; Long Acre; Redditch)  at any point or is it indefinitely withdrawn? I assume if it's the latter I gather it will be scrapped/sold?

Will.

Will,

1.  No we don't.
2.  We are actively trying to sell them.  We will withdraw some when the 2 x ExStagecoach buses are done
3.  There is no intention to at present. 
4.  No.
5.  We have not planned to do so.
6.  It is currently for sale

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ced on September 21, 2014, 12:44:39 PM
Simon
Do you know what is wrong at Kidderminster  buses on several routes have not turned  up    at different times. 
I know  two services that this has happened on that is the 1 and the 2/2L  . is there a shortage of vechicles or
drivers .

From the information I receive, I am not aware of any problems.

Do you have any specific dates/times/routes?

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 22, 2014, 06:52:29 AM
Quote from: Ced on September 21, 2014, 12:44:39 PM
Simon
drivers .

From the information I receive, I am not aware of any problems.

Do you have any specific dates/times/routes?

Simon
Friday on the 1 1.20pm  and  Friday and Saturday on the 1 the 6 pm ,and Saturday  on the 2 the 17.10 pm 
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 22, 2014, 06:51:07 AM
Hi Simon,

Few questions from me

Will.

Will,

1.  No we don't.
2.  We are actively trying to sell them.  We will withdraw some when the 2 x ExStagecoach buses are done
3.  There is no intention to at present. 
4.  No.
5.  We have not planned to do so.
6.  It is currently for sale

Simon

Simon,

2. Aren't V-reg Darts @ 15 years old already a bit old to be converting to DDA compliant for further service? Are Rotala intending to buy more of these or are these two a one off?

iamwilljh92

Simon,

2. Aren't V-reg Darts @ 15 years old already a bit old to be converting to DDA compliant for further service? Are Rotala intending to buy more of these or are these two a one off?

Winston,

I couldn't agree with you more they are old & they'll probably only be in use at Kidderminster for probably 12 months and then they will be withdrawn....

PM

Hi Simon

Just a couple of quick questions from me:

1) Do you intend to sell the 02 plate VDL SB120/Wright Cadets? Do you also plan to sell the X and 55 plate ones?

2) You mention MPDs from KR being for sale-is the intention to try to sell some of the newer MPDs ie 54 plate?

3) Do you also plan to sell the ones in Black Diamond livery in preference to those repainted blue?

4) Do you foresee a need to acquire more new/secondhand vehicles after the cadets and other sales are considered?

5) What do you foresee moving into KR to replace MPDs as for eg Droitwich town services-isn't their capacity about right?

Many Thanks again :)

winston

Hi Simon,

Probably not of interest, but could be a way to releasing further B7RLE to Tividale or older E300's to KR. As MPD's seem to be increasingly appearing on the 002 and KR could obviously do with more bigger buses.

I believe there are currently 3 x 57 plate standard E300's for sale, as follows:

2007 57 Enviro 300 Euro 4 6 cyl Cummins engine with Allison auto box, 42 seats with 3 point belts plus standing. Very little use hence low mileage of 153,000. In excellent condition with 12 months MoT. First to see will buy. £45,350 plus VAT OVNO
Tel : 01978 824666 / 0756 540 5060

Mistral also have 2 x standard E300's for sale:

11.8m Enviro 300, Cummins E4, 44 seats Registered October 2007, 2 available Price £52,495

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk