News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 22, 2014, 08:02:00 AM
Quote from: StourportSam on July 13, 2014, 06:36:47 PM
Hi Simon
A few questions from me if I may

Sam,

1.  I have spoken to our Commercial team, I understand there are three bus stops allowed and we are happy this is sufficient

2.  Wills comments in respect of this are accurate.

3.  There is no reason. 

4.  Again.  Wills comments in respect of this are accurate

Simon

Thank you Simon for your reply as always.

winston

Hi Simon,

I see Wessex have won a new Park & Ride route 901 in Bristol, will this require any new buses or used fleet additions? Will it require many buses to operate?

PH1066711/117 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
    Registration Accepted by SN
    Starting Point: Portway Park & Ride
    Finish Point: Portway Park & Ride
    Via: Clifton Village
    Service Number: 901
    Service Type: Limited Stop
    Effective Date: 31-AUG-2014
    Other Details: Monday to Saturday.

I also see that from Sept First are substantially increasing the number of its services that serve UWE in Bristol i.e. 70, 71, 72, 73 & X74. There are suggestions on another forum the First's Pvr for these services will increase from 22 to 31, will these services be competing with existing Wessex Red UWE services?

James4368

whats happened to the two levantes which were based at long acre?

One at least i.e. 13116 moved from Long Acre to Heathrow back in May, Winston
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on July 25, 2014, 12:28:25 PM
Hi Simon,

I see Wessex have won a new Park & Ride route 901 in Bristol, will this require any new buses or used fleet additions? Will it require many buses to operate?

PH1066711/117 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ

I also see that from Sept First are substantially increasing the number of its services that serve UWE in Bristol i.e. 70, 71, 72, 73 & X74. There are suggestions on another forum the First's Pvr for these services will increase from 22 to 31, will these services be competing with existing Wessex Red UWE services?

Winston,

1.  901

It will be covered by existing E200's or Solo's

2.  First

I am not exactly sure what they are doing, I understand that one of the srevices replace the 15, which we de-registered

Simon

s94

Hi Simon,

During the Quarry Bank High St closure this week and next Monday, are your services diverting via your advertised route on the website (Quarry Road/Coppice Lane) or using Bower Lane/Park Road? Not seen the 002 use the advertised route today as far as I'm aware?

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 28, 2014, 06:00:52 PM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

1.  901

2.  First

I am not exactly sure what they are doing, I understand that one of the srevices replace the 15, which we de-registered

Simon

Thanks Simon,

To the 'layman' it looks as though First Bristol are trying to increase their presence at UWE and potentially intensify competition with Wessex services, are Rotala's UWE services commercial in partnership with UWE? I.e. could First register on those in the future or would they be blocked by UWE for access to the UWE campuses etc?

Is there any movement on vehicle sales, sale/lease of Long Acre or acquiring any new depot space for Tividale.

With little over of month until the changes come in to effect, are you not now far away from confirming which services Diamond will be operating within Worcestershire?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on July 30, 2014, 12:41:44 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 28, 2014, 06:00:52 PM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

1.  901

2.  First

Simon

Thanks Simon,

To the 'layman' it looks as though First Bristol are trying to increase their presence at UWE and potentially intensify competition with Wessex services, are Rotala's UWE services commercial in partnership with UWE? I.e. could First register on those in the future or would they be blocked by UWE for access to the UWE campuses etc?

Is there any movement on vehicle sales, sale/lease of Long Acre or acquiring any new depot space for Tividale.

With little over of month until the changes come in to effect, are you not now far away from confirming which services Diamond will be operating within Worcestershire?

Winston,

By the fact they are operating more services into UWE there is more competition.  The services we provide there is a combination of UWE/South Gloucestershire Council  funding and Commercial risk.

There is a physical capacity to the bus station, and some of what they have registered I believe replaces the 15 (which we deregistered) and the 13 from UWE to Bradley Stoke (which we tried to re-work an achievable timetable with all the stakeholders)

We have sold S405JUA yesterday.

There are now only 2 properties in our region of our size available.  I am told property is being snapped up, and HS2 is taking out an industrial estate which we anticipate will make property in Birmingham even more scarce.  We believe it is only a matter of time.

With regards to Tividale.  Around the perimeter of the property there is a large amount of land currently unused which we own.  Which is very roughly equal to 200 cars and 30-40 bus parking spaces.  We have engaged advisors to look at the possibility of developing this area.

The late delay of awards, the re-scheduling of our bus workings and the review of what in between our core business we can operate has meant all this in running far too late.  I believe with our revised bus workings some of the currently lost contracts work off peak with current bus scheduldes, so we are assessing this.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 31, 2014, 08:42:01 AM
Thanks Simon,

Winston,

By the fact they are operating more services into UWE there is more competition.  The services we provide there is a combination of UWE/South Gloucestershire Council  funding and Commercial risk.

There is a physical capacity to the bus station, and some of what they have registered I believe replaces the 15 (which we deregistered) and the 13 from UWE to Bradley Stoke (which we tried to re-work an achievable timetable with all the stakeholders)

There are now only 2 properties in our region of our size available.  I am told property is being snapped up, and HS2 is taking out an industrial estate which we anticipate will make property in Birmingham even more scarce.  We believe it is only a matter of time.

With regards to Tividale.  Around the perimeter of the property there is a large amount of land currently unused which we own.  Which is very roughly equal to 200 cars and 30-40 bus parking spaces.  We have engaged advisors to look at the possibility of developing this area.

The late delay of awards, the re-scheduling of our bus workings and the review of what in between our core business we can operate has meant all this in running far too late.  I believe with our revised bus workings some of the currently lost contracts work off peak with current bus scheduldes, so we are assessing this.

Simon

Thanks for the detailed response, just a couple more queries, then I'll leave you in peace!

1. Do the Wessex UWE changes have much affect on the total number of buses required for those services. As it seems First are currently intent on increasing competition with Rotala in Bristol, would there be any benefit to Wessex if Rotala were to look at strengthening their position in Bristol by making bolt-on acquisitions of independents with established commercial routes?

2. Is there no further movement / interest in the VDL's, Cadets or Citaro's?

3. Sounds as though HS2 has put you in a strong position to get the price you want for Long Acre.

4. Is the un-used land at Tividale the woods that back on the canal?

Simon Dunn

Winston

1.  We have come off the 15, which is 5 buses.  However, we have increased frequency accross the 13 and I believe this has increased by 3.  The 16 has also increased by 2.  So overall I believe we are flat.
2.  There has been interest, but nothing agreed.
3.  In our view, we are 6 to 12 months away from exiting the site.  In preperation for that we need to develop Tividale.
4.  There are 2 areas, the woods as you refer to them and the front of the property which we would look to develop into a Car Park.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on July 31, 2014, 09:25:42 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 31, 2014, 08:42:01 AM
Thanks Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks for the detailed response, just a couple more queries, then I'll leave you in peace!

1. Do the Wessex UWE changes have much affect on the total number of buses required for those services. As it seems First are currently intent on increasing competition with Rotala in Bristol, would there be any benefit to Wessex if Rotala were to look at strengthening their position in Bristol by making bolt-on acquisitions of independents with established commercial routes?

3. Sounds as though HS2 has put you in a strong position to get the price you want for Long Acre.

Winston,

Sorry I failed to answer one point.

We have a large amount of unused banking facility for acquisitions and we are continually looking at opportunities.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 31, 2014, 09:34:27 AM
Quote from: Winston on July 31, 2014, 09:25:42 AM

Winston,

Sorry I failed to answer one point.

We have a large amount of unused banking facility for acquisitions and we are continually looking at opportunities.

Simon

No Problem Simon, thanks for your replies, much appreciated!  ;D

Simon Dunn

Quote from: s94 on July 28, 2014, 11:23:26 PM
Hi Simon,

During the Quarry Bank High St closure this week and next Monday, are your services diverting via your advertised route on the website (Quarry Road/Coppice Lane) or using Bower Lane/Park Road? Not seen the 002 use the advertised route today as far as I'm aware?

I am told the bus is now using Bower Lane/Park Road as it is better for reliability

Simon

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

I've just read a reply that you gave to a question Winston asked whereby you told him that you had sold S405 JUA would you mind if I asked who to?

(Please don't say PVS...)

I understand if you won't or can't disclose any info.

Will

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on July 31, 2014, 12:17:02 PM
Hi Simon,

I've just read a reply that you gave to a question Winston asked whereby you told him that you had sold S405 JUA would you mind if I asked who to?

(Please don't say PVS...)

I understand if you won't or can't disclose any info.

Will

Will

I believe it is Alpha Coaches

Simon

winston

Hi Simon,

Saw this in latest Bus & Coach buyer, may/may not be of interest? The price seems good compared to the 2 x 57 (£60k) /08 (£63k) plate E300's that were for sale at Nigel McCree for a while

2007 57 ENVIRO 300
Euro 4 6 cyl Cummins engine with
Allison auto box, 42 seats with 3 point
belts plus standing. Very little use hence
low mileage of 153,000. In excellent
condition with 12 months MoT.
First to see will buy
£45,350 plus VAT OVNO
Tel : 01978 824666 / 0756 540 5060

I also came across these 07 plate Scania N230/East Lancs ex Reading Buses, may be suitable for Preston?
http://www.nigelmccree.com/index.php/for-sale/deckers/item/641-2007-scania-n230ud-olympus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk