News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 10:17:38 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 11, 2014, 10:04:31 AM
Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 09:35:27 AM
Hi Simon,

1. Are Diamond any closer to finalizing the WCC tenders that have been secured? As I notice that 'The Green Bus' are now going to operate the 62 in Redditch which was down as Diamond win on the list Tony posted.

2. Have the Kidderminster area WCC routes also now been bid for?

3. I also notice that the are quite a few services changes at Wessex from end of August/1st Sept. Notably the X27 is being withdrawn, the UWE 15/15A are withdrawn but there is one new route the 622 & timetable/route changes for remaining UWE services.

Do you anticipate the above changes to have much effect of the number of buses required at Wessex?

4. Will any new buses be required for the UWE services this year?

Winston,

1.  We are stil in the cool off period.  So we are unable to confirm.  What I would say is that we havent deregistered the 62
2.  Same as 1.
3.  There is a slight reduction in PVR, but mostly its about redistribution of our fleet within the area and a new service starting under contract to Bristol City Council.
4.  No. 

Simon

Thanks Simon, much appreciated as always!

1. Interesting Re: 62 in RH  ;D
3. Do you anticipate the pvr reduction will free up any further B7RLE for transfer up to Diamond?

Winston,

We have already transferrred FJ57CYW, and  the 5 x VDL Centro's

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 11, 2014, 12:35:32 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 10:17:38 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 11, 2014, 10:04:31 AM
Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 09:35:27 AM
Hi Simon,

1. Are Diamond any closer to finalizing the WCC tenders that have been secured? As I notice that 'The Green Bus' are now going to operate the 62 in Redditch which was down as Diamond win on the list Tony posted.

2. Have the Kidderminster area WCC routes also now been bid for?

3. I also notice that the are quite a few services changes at Wessex from end of August/1st Sept. Notably the X27 is being withdrawn, the UWE 15/15A are withdrawn but there is one new route the 622 & timetable/route changes for remaining UWE services.

Do you anticipate the above changes to have much effect of the number of buses required at Wessex?

4. Will any new buses be required for the UWE services this year?

Winston,

1.  We are stil in the cool off period.  So we are unable to confirm.  What I would say is that we havent deregistered the 62
2.  Same as 1.
3.  There is a slight reduction in PVR, but mostly its about redistribution of our fleet within the area and a new service starting under contract to Bristol City Council.
4.  No. 

Simon

Thanks Simon, much appreciated as always!

1. Interesting Re: 62 in RH  ;D
3. Do you anticipate the pvr reduction will free up any further B7RLE for transfer up to Diamond?

Winston,

We have already transferrred FJ57CYW, and  the 5 x VDL Centro's

Simon

Simon,

Where's FJ57CYW being allocated then? The last I saw anything posted, it had not long arrived at Long Acre.

The VDL's are only transferred temporarily until hopefully sold.

Have you had more interest in the various buses for sale or indeed Long Acre?

Simon Dunn

We havent yet decided where FJ57CYW will go.  More than likely Tividale.

If we keep the VDL's they will stay in Redditch, with some possible larger buses transferred out once the repainting finishes.

We have had a number of enquries for vehicles.  We thought we had disposed of 3 of the VDL Centro's, we will see what happens

Simon

winston

Have you considered transferring/swapping the last remaining MAN/Centro's in the West Midlands i.e. 30704/30804 (at Long Acre) & 30806 (at Tividale) to concentrate the type at Redditch garage?

Also possibly swapping the 03 plate Solo's at Tividale with MPD's from Long Acre.

The above moves could reduce the number of vehicle types at Tividale by two.

Simon Dunn

Winston

We havent done it before now due to Branding, but I think you have a point on the MAN's

With regards the Optares, we plan to transfer some of the more modern Optares into Tividale to operate some of the higher mileage routes.

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 11, 2014, 01:06:43 PM
Winston

We havent done it before now due to Branding, but I think you have a point on the MAN's

With regards the Optares, we plan to transfer some of the more modern Optares into Tividale to operate some of the higher mileage routes.

That's what I thought with the MAN's, but as the 'Nifty 50' has gone & the double 002 branding appears to be going, nothing at all to stop them all being operated by just one depot. RH seems the most logical. Keep Long Acre & Tividale predominantly standardized on Volvo's.

winston

Simon,

One last thing that I'd considered (before leaving you in peace) with 'The Green Bus' thought to be increasing the frequency of their 50 soon, could or would Rotala consider upgrading the quality of their buses used on the 50 to raise the quality of the service rather the frequency, and offer something different on the Moseley Road?

i.e. Could some of the Royale's be used to upgrade Diamond's 50 to premium single decker route against NXWM & TGB double deckers?

s94

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 11, 2014, 07:26:46 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on July 04, 2014, 01:14:38 PM

3) You may know that some NX Halesowen to Merry Hill services are set to change slightly, potentially benefiting the 217 service. Is it worth looking at potentially, in the next round of contracts, running it as a 002A service, enhancing your services on this busy corridor and meaning more passengers can make use of your great value range of tickets/passes?

Dear Sir,

In response to your points
3.  I have sent your comments to our Commercial team.

Simon
Hi Simon, please pass on my support for this about improving connections to Halesowen area from the Saltwells area which has now been almost neglected now apart from the hourly 217 which really isnt sufficient in my opinion. A lot will be left very surprised and annoyed by these upcoming changes. In fact the changes have barely been announced at all so many are going to lose out in this area.

Kind regards.

StourportSam

Hi Simon

A few questions from me if I may

1) Just wondering, are Rotala aware of the planned changes to Exchange Street in Kidderminster and will Diamond have to relocate services which start/terminate at the existing Town Hall stops if this goes ahead? The plans I have seen only show 1 or two new stops on Oxford Street, certainly not adequate for the services using the existing stops.

2) Do you see 30445 T418 MNH being repainted into standard livery or will it remain as is until withdrawal?

3) Was there a reason for taking Enviro 300s off the Redditch-operated Sunday 3/X3 service in Kidderminster and replacing them with Streetlites?

4) Finally, your latest fleet list shows 20608 KU52 YJY as withdrawn, is there a reason for this please? It seemed a good bus.

Thanks
Sam

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on July 13, 2014, 06:36:47 PM
Hi Simon

1) Just wondering, are Rotala aware of the planned changes to Exchange Street in Kidderminster and will Diamond have to relocate services which start/terminate at the existing Town Hall stops if this goes ahead? The plans I have seen only show 1 or two new stops on Oxford Street, certainly not adequate for the services using the existing stops.

2) Do you see 30445 T418 MNH being repainted into standard livery or will it remain as is until withdrawal?

3) Was there a reason for taking Enviro 300s off the Redditch-operated Sunday 3/X3 service in Kidderminster and replacing them with Streetlites?

4) Finally, your latest fleet list shows 20608 KU52 YJY as withdrawn, is there a reason for this please? It seemed a good bus.

Thanks
Sam

Sam,

I can answer 2 of your questions I hope you don't mind Simon and please correct me if I am wrong.

20608 has been withdrawn due to accident damage (a taxi crashed into it) and
30445 has been put up for sale so this is the reason why Diamond haven't bothered re-spraying it.

I was told by the mechanic at Kiddy when I was working there so this is how I know.

Cedric

simon
are you able to tell me  what is happing with your routes in Worcestershire from 1/9/14  when the When the subside cuts take affect.
I am  particularly interest in the kidderminsters routes (my local area)  thank you
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 01:58:25 PM
Simon,

One last thing that I'd considered (before leaving you in peace) with 'The Green Bus' thought to be increasing the frequency of their 50 soon, could or would Rotala consider upgrading the quality of their buses used on the 50 to raise the quality of the service rather the frequency, and offer something different on the Moseley Road?

i.e. Could some of the Royale's be used to upgrade Diamond's 50 to premium single decker route against NXWM & TGB double deckers?

Winston

There are no plans to change anything at present

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: s94 on July 11, 2014, 09:29:50 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 11, 2014, 07:26:46 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on July 04, 2014, 01:14:38 PM

3) You may know that some NX Halesowen to Merry Hill services are set to change slightly, potentially benefiting the 217 service. Is it worth looking at potentially, in the next round of contracts, running it as a 002A service, enhancing your services on this busy corridor and meaning more passengers can make use of your great value range of tickets/passes?

Dear Sir,

In response to your points
3.  I have sent your comments to our Commercial team.

Simon
Hi Simon, please pass on my support for this about improving connections to Halesowen area from the Saltwells area which has now been almost neglected now apart from the hourly 217 which really isnt sufficient in my opinion. A lot will be left very surprised and annoyed by these upcoming changes. In fact the changes have barely been announced at all so many are going to lose out in this area.

Kind regards.

I have passed on your comments to our commercial team

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on July 13, 2014, 06:36:47 PM
Hi Simon

Thanks
Sam

Sam,

1.  I have spoken to our Commercial team, I understand there are three bus stops allowed and we are happy this is sufficient

2.  Wills comments in respect of this are accurate.

3.  There is no reason. 

4.  Again.  Wills comments in respect of this are accurate

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bowler on July 16, 2014, 11:11:18 PM
simon
are you able to tell me  what is happing with your routes in Worcestershire from 1/9/14  when the When the subside cuts take affect.
I am  particularly interest in the kidderminsters routes (my local area)  thank you

Dear Sir,

Sorry this is still not finalised

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk