News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

A very quick one from me I just wondered if you have any plans to transfer (30384, V384 SVV - as you are aware we already have 30382/83 & 88 in Kidderminster so this as an addition would be a bonus)

(20274, Y274 FJN); (20132, Y32 YVV);  (20114, Y2 JPT) and (20537, Y37 YVV) would also make good additions to Kiddy if transferred over..

Will

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on June 27, 2014, 08:09:09 PM
Hi Simon,

A very quick one from me I just wondered if you have any plans to transfer (30384, V384 SVV - as you are aware we already have 30382/83 & 88 in Kidderminster so this as an addition would be a bonus)

(20274, Y274 FJN); (20132, Y32 YVV);  (20114, Y2 JPT) and (20537, Y37 YVV) would also make good additions to Kiddy if transferred over..

Will

Don't forget we also have V391 SVV.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on June 29, 2014, 02:32:44 AM
Quote from: Will on June 27, 2014, 08:09:09 PM
Hi Simon,

Will

Don't forget we also have V391 SVV.

Yes Sam, I know I was referring to the the other SVV vehicles

Stuharris 6360

Hi Simon

Was wondering if Diaamond have any plans to start running the 4M again, seen numerous NE ones lately and the loadings are very heavy?

Stu
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Hi Simon,

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. When do Diamond expect the results of the Wyre Forest area WCC tenders?
2. How long are these new WCC contracts typically for?
3. With Diamond winning virtually all of the Droitwich area services, would there be sufficient work to warrant Diamond looking at acquiring/leasing a yard and setting it up as an outstation of either RH or KR? Thus removing all the dead mileage if they were operated out of Kidderminster.

tank90

Quote from: Winston on July 03, 2014, 03:42:37 PM
3. With Diamond winning virtually all of the Droitwich area services, would there be sufficient work to warrant Diamond looking at acquiring/leasing a yard and setting it up as an outstation of either RH or KR? Thus removing all the dead mileage if they were operated out of Kidderminster.
And just to add would you consider the Short base E200s from Wessex to run these extra services?

Dan
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 01, 2014, 09:15:12 PM
Hi Simon

Was wondering if Diaamond have any plans to start running the 4M again, seen numerous NE ones lately and the loadings are very heavy?

Stu

Dear Sir

There are no plans at present

Simon

Simon Dunn

Hi Simon,

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. When do Diamond expect the results of the Wyre Forest area WCC tenders?
2. How long are these new WCC contracts typically for?

Winston,

1. We are in a cooling off period.  We should have a better understanding early next week
2. Typically 3 years, some shorter.
3.  We cannnot confirm award of anything as yet

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: tank90 on July 03, 2014, 04:48:45 PM
And just to add would you consider the Short base E200s from Wessex to run these extra services?

Dan

Dan,

We have not been awarded anything as yet as we are still in the cooling off period.

Therefore we have not considered what vehicles we are going to operate.  Should we require additional vehicles, we have sufficient spares internally to redeploy something.

When we know our confirmed position, we will look at the specification

Simon

tank90

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 03, 2014, 04:57:22 PM
Quote from: tank90 on July 03, 2014, 04:48:45 PM

Dan

Dan,

We have not been awarded anything as yet as we are still in the cooling off period.

Therefore we have not considered what vehicles we are going to operate.  Should we require additional vehicles, we have sufficient spares internally to redeploy something.

When we know our confirmed position, we will look at the specification

Simon

That seems fair, hopefully fingers crossed it all goes to plan.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Hi Simon

Just a couple of quick questions from me.

1) I see 30384 is currently withdrawn-are there plans to return this to service at Kidderminster?

2) I see 30302 is still withdrawn-is it still intended that this will return to service at Redditch or have plans changed?

3) You may know that some NX Halesowen to Merry Hill services are set to change slightly, potentially benefiting the 217 service. Is it worth looking at potentially, in the next round of contracts, running it as a 002A service, enhancing your services on this busy corridor and meaning more passengers can make use of your great value range of tickets/passes?

4) Do you feel there is any scope to promote the value fares on the 142/401e as the promotion is excellent on the vehicles on the 4/4H/40/42/43/301 due to the branding and posters. The MPDs/solos don't display these posters and special offers meaning customers who only use these services may not be aware of them.

Many Thanks :)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 04, 2014, 01:14:38 PM
Hi Simon

Just a couple of quick questions from me.

1) I see 30384 is currently withdrawn-are there plans to return this to service at Kidderminster?

2) I see 30302 is still withdrawn-is it still intended that this will return to service at Redditch or have plans changed?

3) You may know that some NX Halesowen to Merry Hill services are set to change slightly, potentially benefiting the 217 service. Is it worth looking at potentially, in the next round of contracts, running it as a 002A service, enhancing your services on this busy corridor and meaning more passengers can make use of your great value range of tickets/passes?

4) Do you feel there is any scope to promote the value fares on the 142/401e as the promotion is excellent on the vehicles on the 4/4H/40/42/43/301 due to the branding and posters. The MPDs/solos don't display these posters and special offers meaning customers who only use these services may not be aware of them.

Many Thanks :)

Dear Sir,

In response to your points

1.  The vehicle is currently under going panel changes, and will then be repainted blue for Kidderminster
2.  We are going to swap the vehicle with a Heathrow MAN Centro, and then return one of the Heathrow buses into service in the West Midlands.
3.  I have sent your comments to our Commercial team.
4.  I don't believe so.

Simon

winston

Hi Simon,

1. Are Diamond any closer to finalizing the WCC tenders that have been secured? As I notice that 'The Green Bus' are now going to operate the 62 in Redditch which was down as Diamond win on the list Tony posted.

2. Have the Kidderminster area WCC routes also now been bid for?

3. I also notice that the are quite a few services changes at Wessex from end of August/1st Sept. Notably the X27 is being withdrawn, the UWE 15/15A are withdrawn but there is one new route the 622 & timetable/route changes for remaining UWE services.

Do you anticipate the above changes to have much effect of the number of buses required at Wessex?

4. Will any new buses be required for the UWE services this year?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 09:35:27 AM
Hi Simon,

1. Are Diamond any closer to finalizing the WCC tenders that have been secured? As I notice that 'The Green Bus' are now going to operate the 62 in Redditch which was down as Diamond win on the list Tony posted.

3. I also notice that the are quite a few services changes at Wessex from end of August/1st Sept. Notably the X27 is being withdrawn, the UWE 15/15A are withdrawn but there is one new route the 622 & timetable/route changes for remaining UWE services.

Do you anticipate the above changes to have much effect of the number of buses required at Wessex?

Winston,

1.  We are stil in the cool off period.  So we are unable to confirm.  What I would say is that we havent deregistered the 62
2.  Same as 1.
3.  There is a slight reduction in PVR, but mostly its about redistribution of our fleet within the area and a new service starting under contract to Bristol City Council.
4.  No. 

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 11, 2014, 10:04:31 AM
Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 09:35:27 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

1.  We are stil in the cool off period.  So we are unable to confirm.  What I would say is that we havent deregistered the 62
2.  Same as 1.
3.  There is a slight reduction in PVR, but mostly its about redistribution of our fleet within the area and a new service starting under contract to Bristol City Council.
4.  No. 

Simon

Thanks Simon, much appreciated as always!

1. Interesting Re: 62 in RH  ;D
3. Do you anticipate the pvr reduction will free up any further B7RLE for transfer up to Diamond?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk