News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Take a look at Tram No 11

Started by RW, August 17, 2013, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Turned out in a livery based on the former Birmingham City Transport colours. What do we think?

Rob H

60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Solo1

Rob H

60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

NXWM Spectra

We'll, 'modern' isn't a word I can use to.describe it. It looks out of place.

JackC

Seeing one of those trams in anything other than purple is a strange sight to behold indeed.

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

Ahhh that livery takes me back.

Maybe an E400 in a matching suit?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

JIM H

No.11 name re-dedicated this morning at Snow Hill by Theresa Stewart with tram
re-liveried to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the closure of the BCT tram system.

settlerman

Quote from: JIM H on August 23, 2013, 02:20:57 PM
No.11 name re-dedicated this morning at Snow Hill by Theresa Stewart with tram
re-liveried to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the closure of the BCT tram system.
[/quote
Some serious camera work of tram 11 at West Bromwich at lunch time.

horsencart

Work on the trackbed? has now started in Upper Bull St, when this has been completed they ( the builders)  will start over at Snow Hill, I did get talking to one of the builders and he started to talk about newtons of concrete and my eyes started to  glaze over so I missed a lot of what he said
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/9583244460/

Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

windy miller

Well its different!... but will it still be around when the new vehicles take over I wonder? :-\ :-\
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on August 31, 2013, 01:40:02 AM
Well its different!... but will it still be around when the new vehicles take over I wonder? :-\ :-\

No, all the originals are going to be put to store at Long Marston. The first new tram is due to arrive in about three weeks time, but won't be seen outside the depot probably until 2014

RW

Quote from: Tony on August 31, 2013, 07:00:19 AM
Quote from: windy miller on August 31, 2013, 01:40:02 AM

No, all the originals are going to be put to store at Long Marston. The first new tram is due to arrive in about three weeks time, but won't be seen outside the depot probably until 2014

Tony are they being stored at Long Marston for potential future use or are they being offered for sale/scrap?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk