News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on April 26, 2024, 06:51:16 PMMost bus stops along the 72 route are showing that it doesn't do a Sunday Service on its timetable any reason why?
It would appear to be a 'data error' on the part of TfWM.

If you look at the timetable on their website, on Sundays it only shows times for timing points, not all stops:
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_33072_A_H_y11_5-5?direction=Outbound&when=3

It would be a total waste of money if someone has not picked up on this, before new at-stop timetables were ordered and printed, and then put up in those stops.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

It will be intresting  to see if Richard Parker becomes mayor hé will deliver on His 11 pledge.

Jack D

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 27, 2024, 12:23:13 PMIt will be intresting  to see if Richard Parker becomes mayor hé will deliver on His 11 pledge.

What's his 11 pledge?

ellspurs

Quote from: Jack D on April 27, 2024, 03:29:57 PMWhat's his 11 pledge?
To return it to being a full circular route (once he franchises everything).

Edited to add online article where it is mentioned : https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/secret-dates-jam-sandwiches-school-29047686

Steve3229vp

Quote from: ellspurs on April 27, 2024, 03:36:54 PMTo return it to being a full circular route (once he franchises everything).

Edited to add online article where it is mentioned : https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/secret-dates-jam-sandwiches-school-29047686
First of all the article says the route was split in half in 2021, but it wasn't, it was split into two sections, the first was a short section from Acocks Green to Perry Barr via Yardley and Erdington, the second is the much longer section from Acocks Green to Erdington via Kings Heath, Bearwood and Perry Barr. Boths routes created an overlap of both routes between Erdington and Perry which was introduced due to the major roadworks in Perry Barr at that time. This arrangement has improved reliability to an extent which is why it is still running now.
Richard Parker's idea of going back to the full circle would reduce reliability more than what it was in 2021. 

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 27, 2024, 05:25:18 PMFirst of all the article says the route was split in half in 2021, but it wasn't, it was split into two sections, the first was a short section from Acocks Green to Perry Barr via Yardley and Erdington, the second is the much longer section from Acocks Green to Erdington via Kings Heath, Bearwood and Perry Barr. Boths routes created an overlap of both routes between Erdington and Perry which was introduced due to the major roadworks in Perry Barr at that time. This arrangement has improved reliability to an extent which is why it is still running now.
Richard Parker's idea of going back to the full circle would reduce reliability more than what it was in 2021.

That article and another one that appeared today are just thinly-veiled election propaganda, otherwise there would have been some explanation of the reasons why the route was split.

Whoever becomes mayor will take the credit for making the 11 a full circular one again, but it will be the bus operator that faces the flak from passengers when reliability goes to pot again.

Election promises and the sad reality of the Outer Circle
https://wmbu.org.uk/2024/04/election-promises-and-the-sad-reality-of-the-outer-circle/

My locals:

tufwum

So if I go from Harborne to Swan Island, Yardley that should just be £2 because it's the same 11A service... ? 

Tony

Quote from: tufwum on April 28, 2024, 12:10:15 PMSo if I go from Harborne to Swan Island, Yardley that should just be £2 because it's the same 11A service... ?
Yes, there's no extra payment required if you need to change buses at Erdington or Acocks Green

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2024, 12:24:02 PMYes, there's no extra payment required if you need to change buses at Erdington or Acocks Green
I've been seeing all over the news about people moaning about the "outer circle", do you think it will ever go back to being the full circle or will it cause to many issues on the national express side. 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 28, 2024, 08:11:22 PMI've been seeing all over the news about people moaning about the "outer circle", do you think it will ever go back to being the full circle or will it cause to many issues on the national express side.
There were reasons why the 11A/C was split up in the first place, It was originally due to major roadworks in Perry Barr at that time (2021). This arrangement has improved reliability to an extent which is why it is still running now. The idea if it going back to the full circle would reduce reliability more than what it was in 2021, so it should be left alone.

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 28, 2024, 08:11:22 PMI've been seeing all over the news about people moaning about the "outer circle", do you think it will ever go back to being the full circle or will it cause to many issues on the national express side.
It will do eventually, but only when the time is right and circumstances allow it.

I doubt NX will restore it just to satisfy a few 'nostalgics' and other people who don't actually rely on this service.

There are enough people who already complain about the reliability of this service as it is now, the complaints would only increase if the service becomes more unreliable again.

I was ready to suggest that perhaps a 'phased' reintroduction could be adopted, with evening and Sunday journeys restored to a full loop, but having been faced with a near 25-min wait for an 11A from Bearwood back to Billesley this evening, I think I've changed my mind.
My locals:

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Stu on April 28, 2024, 09:46:46 PMIt will do eventually, but only when the time is right and circumstances allow it.

I doubt NX will restore it just to satisfy a few 'nostalgics' and other people who don't actually rely on this service.

There are enough people who already complain about the reliability of this service as it is now, the complaints would only increase if the service becomes more unreliable again.

I was ready to suggest that perhaps a 'phased' reintroduction could be adopted, with evening and Sunday journeys restored to a full loop, but having been faced with a near 25-min wait for an 11A from Bearwood back to Billesley this evening, I think I've changed my mind.

In recent years (before the split) The Circle had become intensely unreliable, often i waited for a bus 45 minutes to the Hour, the display says one will be along in 5 minutes or whatever but nothing came along, no social media info on why its not running, phone AG Garage they say its reported as running with no issues,
The Following day it said there might be delays "yesterday"

The 80 has become as bad, often buses have just ignored stops either when trying to get off or when waiting to get on,
i recently inquired from the driver when i was over carried by 5 stops on the 80 - the response was "we are allowed to delete stops if we are running late in order to keep time, as long as we do not delete timing points !"

REALLY ??!!
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on May 03, 2024, 05:37:31 PMi recently inquired from the driver when i was over carried by 5 stops on the 80 - the response was "we are allowed to delete stops if we are running late in order to keep time, as long as we do not delete timing points !"
Did you press the bell and make it clear to the driver you wished to alight?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

QuoteIn recent years (before the split) The Circle had become intensely unreliable, often i waited for a bus 45 minutes to the Hour.
That sounds alright, whereas waiting for a Wolverhampton 1 is the complete opposite where the bus never shows up
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: 2206 on May 03, 2024, 07:02:54 PMDid you press the bell and make it clear to the driver you wished to alight?

what do you think ?
i just sat there and hoped for the best ?

OF COURSE I STOOD UP & PRESSED THE BELL !!
(some people :angry: )
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk