News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AGPlaysMC

LOCAL routes innit: 8 inner circle, 14, 94, 95, 97

cris 99

Well shocked to see the 41/46 58 will be operated by Stagecoach from january be weird seeing Stagecoach in Northfield and Yardley
17//72/73/97/X12

Stu

Quote from: cris 99 on December 08, 2022, 09:12:02 PMWell shocked to see the 41/46 58 will be operated by Stagecoach from january be weird seeing Stagecoach in Northfield and Yardley
The one positive to take away from this is that with AG losing these tendered services, it frees up drivers and vehicles for their other 'core' routes, which should help alleviate where journeys are being missed out due to lack of drivers.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

I have spilt off a number of replies into another topic, please use that one for further discussion of Stagecoach's new undertakings:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=6362.0
My locals:

BBS

Are there any plans for the outer circle to be reconnected again? 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

Quote from: BBS on February 03, 2023, 12:28:40 PMAre there any plans for the outer circle to be reconnected again?
Hope not. The current form works a lot better.

BBS

QuoteHope not. The current form works a lot better.
It's quite a pain to wait at Acocks Green for a specific 11A or 11C to come though 

Stu

Quote from: BBS on February 03, 2023, 05:29:20 PMIt's quite a pain to wait at Acocks Green for a specific 11A or 11C to come though
Only if there are delays en-route. I don't do the journey very often, but I think the longest I had to wait while changing at Acocks Green village was about ten minutes.
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2023, 09:39:44 PMOnly if there are delays en-route. I don't do the journey very often, but I think the longest I had to wait while changing at Acocks Green village was about ten minutes.
Delays on that route quite often I think.
Earlier this week vehicles were coming in half hour + late and nothing for ages then several together. Apparently delayed in the Selly Oak area at Aston Webb and in Kings Heath.
I wonder if they will curtail the Western Half back to Perry Barr one stop at some point and have it serve the station there like the other half does.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on February 03, 2023, 09:54:33 PMDelays on that route quite often I think.
Earlier this week vehicles were coming in half hour + late and nothing for ages then several together. Apparently delayed in the Selly Oak area at Aston Webb and in Kings Heath.

I wonder if they will curtail the Western Half back to Perry Barr one stop at some point.
Yes, you get delays in Selly Oak and Kings Heath all the time due to queuing traffic. I travelled to Bearwood today, and we got held up by temporary traffic lights at Pineapple Bridge as well as on Pershore Road before Cotteridge.
My locals:

Stu

Quote from: Jack on February 03, 2023, 05:09:07 PMHope not. The current form works a lot better.
I'm not sure about that, you still have vehicles running in tandem and huge gaps in service at times. I'm not sure how well the 'eastern' side operates (from Acocks Green to Perry Barr) as I only ever see or use the 'western' side (from Acocks Green to Erdington).
My locals:

Mike K

Observation only as I don't use the 11, but buses still seem to run in groups now similarly to how they did when it was a full circle. 

The 11 has always been like this to an extent. I used it to and from school for 7 years in the 1980s and whilst traffic is far worse now than it was then, you'd still get large gaps is service, then 2 or 3 buses would arrive together. It's the nature of the route with it crossing so many major junctions and trunk routes. 

mesub

Interesting to 1793 driving around in Harborne. Looks like there was a driver and then another staff member who got off every few stops to place posters on bus stops, possibly about the 76 service changes.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

BBS

QuoteInteresting to 1793 driving around in Harborne. Looks like there was a driver and then another staff member who got off every few stops to place posters on bus stops, possibly about the 76 service changes.
Acocks Green doesn't operate the 76, Yardley Wood does 

mesub

QuoteAcocks Green doesn't operate the 76, Yardley Wood does

Yes but 1793 is a AG bus.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk