News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

Quote from: JPC on April 28, 2014, 08:45:40 PMSupposedly the 6/6A, 13/13A, 16/16A and 21 were due amended timetables, I imagine they are very minor timing point tweaks where average Joe passenger wouldn't notice hence a lack of announcement on these.

Ah right, thanks.
I suppose that not notifying people may have some advantages (making a big thing about a small thing).
Though it might be annoying if you turn up for your bus only to find that you've missed it as it now runs even just 2 minutes earlier!

JoNi

NX fare paying pass holders on service 27 should rightfully feel annoyed they have to pay more too so that they can use the 21 when 27 doesn't run.

Valandil

Quote from: JoNi on April 29, 2014, 09:33:41 AM
NX fare paying pass holders on service 27 should rightfully feel annoyed they have to pay more too so that they can use the 21 when 27 doesn't run.

Usually there is a facility for a partial refund for the remainder of the time that the ticket was valid, in cases such as this, with the requirement that the pass itself be handed back in.
This happened when the 801 changed hands, but as you say there appears to be no such offer made publically available in this case.

JoNi

Old 27/A timetable still on display at Pavilions travel centre in Brum. I was able to pick up copies of 360A/C which I take back to Walsgrave Hospital!!!

JoNi

The temporary bus shelters outside the museum where the 13 to Willenhall stops have been removed. All the shelters in Trinity Street are basically complete but have those dreadful small seats rather than proper chairs.

Valandil

I have to say that I'm not a fan of the smaller font size used on the Enviros' new displays.
It's much harder to read from a distance than the old!

JoNi

This topic of new style displays is in another thread, but I agree with Valandil that the displays are too small.
Specifically relating to Coventry 21 branded 4839 has gained this type of display testing the eyesight of Willenhall residents as it was on the 13 today.
4885 was on 18/A today testing the eyesight of Canley residents!

Valandil

Quote from: JoNi on May 01, 2014, 05:23:20 PM
This topic of new style displays is in another thread, but I agree with Valandil that the displays are too small.
Specifically relating to Coventry 21 branded 4839 has gained this type of display testing the eyesight of Willenhall residents as it was on the 13 today.
4885 was on 18/A today testing the eyesight of Canley residents!

Ah sorry, I don't keep up with the Birmingham threads.

For anyone who hasn't seen this phenomenon, here is an example from today (and bear in mind that this shot was taken from a position quite close to the vehicle!)

lauren1993

The small display is a fault. None of the other enviros do it apart from 4885 and 4839.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Ben

Quote from: ben710 on March 15, 2014, 11:57:40 PM
If you look at the NX website closely you'll see that road re surfacing in Browns Lane will affect service 7 which will terminate in Allesley Village.
I'm wondering if we'll see our first 7E (or an interesting alternative)
I called it.
1636 > 7E this morning. Badly taken picture to be uploaded soon.

JoNi

E left over from when it worked 5E to Coundon.

JoNi

Somebody from the local radio station interviewed bus users in the street this morning as none of the new bus shelters erected had been fitted with flags or timetable information which was subsequently broadcast.
I personally saw intending bus users left behind by a Stagecoach X15 in Trinity Street last night despite them signalling it to stop.
A lorry with crane arrived this morning and duly removed the shelter from the lay by opposite the old fire station which was still being served by the 21 to Wood End at the time.
The radio broadcast appears to have spurred staff into action as Local Centro staff have put up sheets of paper with large numbers without destinations in most new shelters detailing which routes were stopping there. No timetables have been posted yet.
This was done about 16:30 with buses still stopping as they have been for several months pending completion of a site meeting between representatives of Centro and the Operators!
Trinity Street was partially resurfaced last night with more to do tonight.

D10

Quote from: JoNi on May 08, 2014, 06:45:13 PM
Somebody from the local radio station interviewed bus users in the street this morning as none of the new bus shelters erected had been fitted with flags or timetable information which was subsequently broadcast.
I personally saw intending bus users left behind by a Stagecoach X15 in Trinity Street last night despite them signalling it to stop.
A lorry with crane arrived this morning and duly removed the shelter from the lay by opposite the old fire station which was still being served by the 21 to Wood End at the time.
The radio broadcast appears to have spurred staff into action as Local Centro staff have put up sheets of paper with large numbers without destinations in most new shelters detailing which routes were stopping there. No timetables have been posted yet.
This was done about 16:30 with buses still stopping as they have been for several months pending completion of a site meeting between representatives of Centro and the Operators!
Trinity Street was partially resurfaced last night with more to do tonight.

The saga of the stops made the main edition of Midlands Today this evening.

Although they correctly interviewed and explained Centro were responsible for the lack of Information, sadly many passengers won't realise this and NX and Stagecoach will get in the neck. Certainly the NX Coventry Facebook page has been putting info on today about the stops.

Ben

Quote from: JoNi on May 06, 2014, 10:12:16 AM
E left over from when it worked 5E to Coundon.
Thanks

JoNi

It certainly spurred people into action.
Contractors were out at 06:20 putting bus stop flags up.
Senior managers were out to pacify customers but we're treated first hand to the fragile state of NX vehicle availability together with service structures using reduced town centre road space.
An accident on the London Road resulted in services such as the 21 late running and managers giving personal apologies to passengers/customers/bus users.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk