News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

Quote from: :D on March 05, 2014, 03:40:25 PMI think most of info in VOSA database is outdated, and that's probably why I don't know anything about C1, but my guess is that it's 18/A.

NX need to get their VOSA registrations in order!
I'd be surprised if even they didn't get confused by them.

Tony

Quote from: Valandil on March 05, 2014, 06:19:30 PM
Quote from: :D on March 05, 2014, 03:40:25 PMI think most of info in VOSA database is outdated, and that's probably why I don't know anything about C1, but my guess is that it's 18/A.

NX need to get their VOSA registrations in order!
I'd be surprised if even they didn't get confused by them.

NX cannot tell VOSA what to do! As long as what is on the submission is correct what VOSA publish is up to them!

Valandil

Quote from: Tony on March 05, 2014, 07:11:56 PMNX cannot tell VOSA what to do! As long as what is on the submission is correct what VOSA publish is up to them!

Apologies if I am mistaken.
I have however seen companies make substantial cancellations of old registrations and submission of new registrations when e.g. destinations or route numbers change.
I have even seen cancellations of individual services be made with an accompanying re-registration for them all together in one logical group of consecutive numbers, just for 'tidying up'.
I imagine that keeping old registration and making variations when needed is easier, but may end up far from the original registration which still shows up as the text on VOSA.

Tony

Quote from: Valandil on March 05, 2014, 07:59:07 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 05, 2014, 07:11:56 PMNX cannot tell VOSA what to do! As long as what is on the submission is correct what VOSA publish is up to them!

Apologies if I am mistaken.
I have however seen companies make substantial cancellations of old registrations and submission of new registrations when e.g. destinations or route numbers change.
I have even seen cancellations of individual services be made with an accompanying re-registration for them all together in one logical group of consecutive numbers, just for 'tidying up'.
I imagine that keeping old registration and making variations when needed is easier, but may end up far from the original registration which still shows up as the text on VOSA.

Why would you do a cancellation and a new registration when you do not need to? You are paying twice for one change. Does it actually matter if VOSA record the wrong terminal points to anyone other than VOSA? Can you name one of these companies that pays these additional costs just to keep service registrations in numerical order?

Valandil

Quote from: Tony on March 05, 2014, 08:03:20 PMWhy would you do a cancellation and a new registration when you do not need to? You are paying twice for one change. Does it actually matter if VOSA record the wrong terminal points to anyone other than VOSA? Can you name one of these companies that pays these additional costs just to keep service registrations in numerical order?

My own favourite company Warrington Borough Transport has made substantial changes like this: you can see on VOSA cancelled registrations for '31' and '31 (32)' before the most recent registration of '30 (31/32/32a)' when amendments were made.

By the way, I am not trying to 'win an argument' here, I just thought I would mention this different approach, which may make sense in some ways but not in others.

Tony

Quote from: Valandil on March 06, 2014, 01:07:07 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 05, 2014, 08:03:20 PMWhy would you do a cancellation and a new registration when you do not need to? You are paying twice for one change. Does it actually matter if VOSA record the wrong terminal points to anyone other than VOSA? Can you name one of these companies that pays these additional costs just to keep service registrations in numerical order?

My own favourite company Warrington Borough Transport has made substantial changes like this: you can see on VOSA cancelled registrations for '31' and '31 (32)' before the most recent registration of '30 (31/32/32a)' when amendments were made.

By the way, I am not trying to 'win an argument' here, I just thought I would mention this different approach, which may make sense in some ways but not in others.

That is different, and usually at the recommendation of VOSA. NXWM did the same with the 22 & 23 last year. VOSA seem to like services that have a large common section on the same registration. This also saves money as next time the NXWM 22/23, or Warrington 30/31/31 change chance are the connected services also have changes so again only one payment needs to be made for the variation, not two. It is not because the operator just wants to tidy up his registration numbers.

Valandil

Quote from: Tony on March 06, 2014, 06:27:38 PMThat is different, and usually at the recommendation of VOSA. NXWM did the same with the 22 & 23 last year. VOSA seem to like services that have a large common section on the same registration. This also saves money as next time the NXWM 22/23, or Warrington 30/31/31 change chance are the connected services also have changes so again only one payment needs to be made for the variation, not two. It is not because the operator just wants to tidy up his registration numbers.

Fair enough -- thanks for the clarification.

John

2157 was in Perry Barr this morning. Drove in with new nearside panels unpainted

JoNi

Saw it in Coventry about 09:30 being drive by engineer with scrape on offside panel.

JoNi

6012 back in service today still sporting Bendibus twice as long bus branding on the back.

Ben

If you look at the NX website closely you'll see that road re surfacing in Browns Lane will affect service 7 which will terminate in Allesley Village.
I'm wondering if we'll see our first 7E (or an interesting alternative), and whether drivers will try and be naughty (like in the early 2000's if I remember correctly) and turn at the triangular junction at the top of Allesley Village (rather than using Rye Hill and the A45/A4114 roundabout).

JoNi

Markings have appeared on the road outside Sainsbury's ready for Millennium place tomorrow.

Road outside Council House finished but not yet reopened.

Ben

I've seen some interesting destination boards lately.
Yesterday I saw a Mercedes 0405N showing "7 Brownshill Green via Hearsall Common"

And reocurringly, one of the Tridents has a dodgy front matrix: "Fe side via Chey more."  ...Points awarded for the missing letters :P

JoNi

If I remember correctly that is 4421.
2165 has a similar defect with it's blind.

lauren1993

Quote from: JoNi on March 21, 2014, 08:08:35 AM
If I remember correctly that is 4421.
2165 has a similar defect with it's blind.
Indeed. 2165 has been like that for ages! Surprised this happened to such a new vehicle!
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk