News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Hell on 11/12 as usual this afternoon.

JoNi

Passed an 11 and 12 together on Kenilworth Road last night having seemingly have come via full length of Earlsdon Ave South. NXC were recently running a survey asking customers what they want in future.

Ben

Quote from: JoNi on February 07, 2014, 06:40:24 PM
Passed an 11 and 12 together on Kenilworth Road last night having seemingly have come via full length of Earlsdon Ave South. NXC were recently running a survey asking customers what they want in future.
And have so far done nothing about. Not even a response or mention or anything unless I've been living on planet Mars (which is probable :P)

JPC

Quote from: ben710 on February 07, 2014, 07:11:14 PM
And have so far done nothing about. Not even a response or mention or anything unless I've been living on planet Mars (which is probable :P)

If there's going to be any significant changes to the 11/12 routes I expect it will not occur until either the start of (29th June), during (20th July or 31st Aug) or the end of the summer university holidays (28th Sept).

Valandil

Passed an 11 and 12 together on Kenilworth Road last night having seemingly have come via full length of Earlsdon Ave South.

That sounds like it will have been in relation to this:
http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-alerts/western-power-high-voltage-cable-replacement

Ben

Quote from: Valandil on February 08, 2014, 10:34:43 PM
Passed an 11 and 12 together on Kenilworth Road last night having seemingly have come via full length of Earlsdon Ave South.

That sounds like it will have been in relation to this:
http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-alerts/western-power-high-voltage-cable-replacement

That is correct. In fact there are three lots of roadworks for the 12 to contend with at the moment.
1)Little Park Street closed.
2)Hearsall Lane/Hearsall common single file traffic.
3) The link above.
Not that any of them are the cause of the allready poor reliability, (Just exacerbating it)

JoNi

The survey relating to the 12 is on the news section of NXC website homepage dated 3rd December 2013.

JPC

Over the past two weeks I've seen buses running private from City to Warwick Uni via Earlsdon route 5, which I suppose would be the quickest route at present.
Five way temporary traffic lights are now in situ at the Quinton Road/Daventry Road junction on the 2/3 route, about a 6 minute sequence and buses seemingly unable to get through the first time if they have to stop at the nearby bus stop.  ::)

JPC

After a hiatus of about 11 weeks the reconstuction of the remaining two old bus stops in Trinity Street is due to start 23rd Feb,
Click here for details.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on February 14, 2014, 04:58:59 PM
After a hiatus of about 11 weeks the reconstuction of the remaining two old bus stops in Trinity Street is due to start 23rd Feb,
Click here for details.

When this is all finished - presumably some new (and quite fancy!) shelters will be installed on Trinity Street? A-la city-centre Birmingham style.

D10

Quote from: paulb1973 on February 14, 2014, 08:29:24 PM
Click here for details.

When this is all finished - presumably some new (and quite fancy!) shelters will be installed on Trinity Street? A-la city-centre Birmingham style.

Let's hope these ones actually live up to the name "shelter". We do get wet and windy weather in this country as even Centro may have noticed recently!

Ben

Quote from: paulb1973 on February 14, 2014, 08:29:24 PM
Click here for details.

So no proper seats then....
Good job I don't get the bus in Trinity Street then isn't it :P

Ben

Recently I was a little bit surprised about why NX allocated service 42 E400's.  (If I recall correctly from the unusual workings thread.)
I was under the impression it was a bus service that people didn't really use... And I came very close to publically critisizing the service on the thread.

Well, I found myself using it this morning, it was very handy in saving me a wait for the 900 or 23. And there were a good number of people using it, completely changed my opinion.

I just wanted to share this, as I was surprised my opinion of it could change so quickly!

Valandil

Quote from: ben710 on February 18, 2014, 01:32:19 PM
Recently I was a little bit surprised about why NX allocated service 42 E400's.  (If I recall correctly from the unusual workings thread.)
I was under the impression it was a bus service that people didn't really use... And I came very close to publically critisizing the service on the thread.

Well, I found myself using it this morning, it was very handy in saving me a wait for the 900 or 23. And there were a good number of people using it, completely changed my opinion.

I just wanted to share this, as I was surprised my opinion of it could change so quickly!

When the 42 had a PVR of 2 and operated through to Wainbody and Cannon Park, it was definitely unusual to see any kind of decker on there. In fact, little Solos were quite common.
Since the curtailing of the route though and the reduction in PVR to 1, the vehicle on there goes onto schools, meaning a decker is needed Monday to Friday, but not on Saturdays.
When you caught the 42, was it by any chance the first working which elderly/disabled pass-holders can use? -- that one seems to be the most popular!

Ben

Quote from: Valandil on February 18, 2014, 02:10:51 PM
When you caught the 42, was it by any chance the first working which elderly/disabled pass-holders can use? -- that one seems to be the most popular!

Sorry to dissapoint but no it wasn't. I think I was on the second working from the city centre at about 11am, completely by chance;it turned up within seconds of me getting to the stop in the Burges.

I was just looking at the timetable, and I noticed that with the exception of additional Saturday workings, its weekday and Saturday timetable is identical. -Unlike the majority of other services!

Side joke: This post has been bought to you by the number 42. "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk