News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: windy miller on May 03, 2021, 02:40:12 AM
   This Bus tracker option is very useful  but is it possible to track coaches?
   Or Maybe 768 ?  thanks

National Express coaches track on bustimes, but 768 and the other NEAT/private hire buses don't.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

windy miller

Thanks for the info
I appear to have lost the link for the service bus tracker now! can someone print it out for me please?  thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stu

Quote from: windy miller on May 04, 2021, 02:24:00 AM
  Thanks for the info
I appear to have lost the link for the service bus tracker now! can someone print it out for me please?  thanks

https://bustimes.org/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JPC

On the 20B service the journeys heading for Bayton Road will extend further to/from Bedworth (Johnson Rd) from next Monday 17th May.
Timetable is :
I suppose the current Bayton Rd journeys are now struggling to keep on time so this is probably a solution and makes use of the spare bus from the reduced X30 service (the duplicate vehicle for the 1610 journey seems to have been dropped since yesterday).

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on May 11, 2021, 09:08:35 PM
On the 20B service the journeys heading for Bayton Road will extend further to/from Bedworth (Johnson Rd) from next Monday 17th May.
Timetable is :
I suppose the current Bayton Rd journeys are now struggling to keep on time so this is probably a solution and makes use of the spare bus from the reduced X30 service (the duplicate vehicle for the 1610 journey seems to have been dropped since yesterday).

It seems to be possible to travel from the Bedworth/Bayton Rd areas (on some inbound journeys) to Wilsons Lane etc, on the way to Coventry city-centre. But outbound the 20B either runs to Longford Novotel or Bedworth via Bayton Rd.

ellspurs

Quote from: paulb1973 on May 12, 2021, 01:57:31 PM

It seems to be possible to travel from the Bedworth/Bayton Rd areas (on some inbound journeys) to Wilsons Lane etc, on the way to Coventry city-centre. But outbound the 20B either runs to Longford Novotel or Bedworth via Bayton Rd.

I think that is just a quirk of the timetable, as the Novotel isn't a usual timing point for the longer route, so isn't included on the timetable through to Bedworth.

Man if that route was running 20 years ago, I wouldn't have had to walk down to Bedworth Road from Woodshires Road to get the bus to work in the morning.

paulb1973

Quote from: ellspurs on May 12, 2021, 03:16:02 PM
I think that is just a quirk of the timetable, as the Novotel isn't a usual timing point for the longer route, so isn't included on the timetable through to Bedworth.

Man if that route was running 20 years ago, I wouldn't have had to walk down to Bedworth Road from Woodshires Road to get the bus to work in the morning.

Ah, so the longer journeys might well traverse the Woodshires Rd/Wilsons Lane etc area in both directions - I did wonder, otherwise it would have meant a different route on inbound/outbound legs!

Tony

4665 back on the road today after having 123 days off needing a replacement engine which is now fitted

windy miller

HI guys  Can anyone help me out with a bus service number to get me from
  pool meadow/rail station to the tool hire shop on Nod Rise which is off broad lane I have looked on google maps but I can't read the bus service numbers!

Many thanks for your help    windy

ellspurs

Quote from: windy miller on August 05, 2021, 05:53:57 PM
HI guys  Can anyone help me out with a bus service number to get me from
  pool meadow/rail station to the tool hire shop on Nod Rise which is off broad lane I have looked on google maps but I can't read the bus service numbers!

Many thanks for your help    windy

It used to be DeCourcey's 360A/C route (on Google Maps) but it looks like no other route has taken on that road. Closest stop is the 14 stop on Broad Lane/Beech Tree Avenue.

windy miller

thanks for the info    ...can I get that service from the city centre?

DJ

Quote from: windy miller on August 05, 2021, 06:28:28 PM

The 14 starts/terminates at Pool Meadow, although it doesn't serve the rail station. You'll want Stand T, which is one of the stands outside of the main building, next to the slip road off the ring road and the coach park.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

JPC

Quote from: windy miller on August 05, 2021, 06:28:28 PM

You could walk from Coventry Rail Station to the bus stop CR4 on Croft Rd (by Starley Rd) easily in about 10 mins to pick up the service 14/14A or ...
If I am correct in assuming you're coming from Birmingham it might be simpler and possibly quicker to get off the train at Tile Hill station (if it stops there) and pick up a City Centre bound service 14 closeby, check the timetable though if coming on a Saturday as that end of the route is less frequent.

windy miller

Yes it had occurred to me that the tile hill station option may prove to be nearer but as I am obviously unfamiliar with the local bus options or
  even in which direction I should best stick to the pool meadow dep
   Hopefully I will only need to use the service once  thanks for the advice

ellspurs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk