News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Quote from: bususer28 on August 21, 2020, 07:50:50 PM
NCT branding is horrible. NX do a cracking job considering they run 80% of services in the West Midlands whereas NCT do roughly half. I think the new buses are a real improvement.

Sorrow to hear you find NCT branding unpleasant.
Heres a timely short film aimed at their younger clientel featuring a generic liveried bus.

BH2004

Is 4677 in still in service

paulb1973

Quote from: BH2004 on August 27, 2020, 09:47:47 PM
Is 4677 in still in service

Damaged by fire in January 2020 and it seems, stored inside CV garage ever since.

BH2004

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 27, 2020, 09:56:40 PM
Damaged by fire in January 2020 and it seems, stored inside CV garage ever since.
Oh ok, do you think it will get repaired

paulb1973

Quote from: BH2004 on August 27, 2020, 10:39:55 PM
Oh ok, do you think it will get repaired

Going by its age, it looks unlikely - but it hasn't been dumped at Miller Street!

Sandy Lane

With NXC running the 585 from this week how long is it likely to take to get the bus stops to show RTI?

Tony

E024, E025 & E026 first three into service on the 9 this morning

paulb1973

The revised service 3 (Arena Park - City - Binley/UHCW) is that looping around Trinity St, Ironmonger Row, Burges, Hales St in both directions? I assume it is. So on journeys to Binley, the 3 uses White St, Hales St, looping past Primark then waits outside the Transport Museum as per the 23 to Binley previously?

I might grab a picture of those Electric buses at Brentwood Ave in Finham 'out in the sticks' - 34 mins past the hour to UHCW/46 past the hour to Leasowes Ave, according to the timetable.

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 30, 2020, 11:11:18 AM
The revised service 3 (Arena Park - City - Binley/UHCW) is that looping around Trinity St, Ironmonger Row, Burges, Hales St in both directions? I assume it is. So on journeys to Binley, the 3 uses White St, Hales St, looping past Primark then waits outside the Transport Museum as per the 23 to Binley previously?

Yes, sounds ridiculous considering the short walking distance between the Old Fire Station and Transport Museum stops but for the passengers sake I am hoping it additionally stops at Primark on a alighting only basis, not to mention creating a convenient change point for the rail station routes.

TT90

Sorry if my question is in the wrong thread. Haven't been for a while but are there still delays to buses on The Burges when cars park opposite the stops, or have the council enforced restrictions and social distancing measures to stop the parking etc ?
Thanks all.

JoNi

Quote from: TT90 on September 02, 2020, 08:40:13 AM
Sorry if my question is in the wrong thread. Haven't been for a while but are there still delays to buses on The Burges when cars park opposite the stops, or have the council enforced restrictions and social distancing measures to stop the parking etc ?
Thanks all.

During the daytime there is a temporary bus gate in Hales Street at Bishops Street manned by staff who move barriers aside to allow access for buses, taxis and traders only. Plant pots have also been placed along the kerb in Ironmonger Row and Cross Cheaping. Buses are still sometimes unable to layover in the Burges in the evening due to cars parked on the offside of the road.

TT90

Thanks JONi, You'd think the council would put a permanent parking restriction on The Burges at some point to deter parking and it getting blocked up etc.

Sandy Lane

Congestion charging was the idea by the politicians but they realised they would lose votes so it was dropped.

JoNi

Quote from: Sandy Lane on September 03, 2020, 11:09:11 AM
Congestion charging was the idea by the politicians but they realised they would lose votes so it was dropped.

Call me old (my friend's do) but I remember when budget had a regular rise in fuel duty.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: JoNi on September 03, 2020, 03:08:24 PM
Call me old (my friend's do) but I remember when budget had a regular rise in fuel duty.

But they realised they would lose votes with this as well, so guess what, it was dropped :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk