News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on August 20, 2020, 10:40:01 PM
No I don't know why the bus was 10 minutes late and we both know it could have been for a multitude of reasons, the bottom line it was late during late evening infrequent service.

When I talk about sloppy operating practices I'm talking about customer experience and perception. Friends have commented services have deteriorated/returned to "normal" as lockdown has been eased.
Lothian aren't perfect at the moment with further disruption caused by tram extension works which really is a multi million pound waste of
money.
I nipped by Walthamstow on the way back from  Scotland to take pictures of electric buses on route 212 to enable local leaders to appreciate  the second class  passenger experience Coventrys new electric buses are compared to these and Nottinghams Biogas buses which are all the same model.

Why are Coventry's second c;lass. And why do we want to pollute the air like Nottingham?

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2020, 06:08:43 AM
Why are Coventry's second c;lass. And why do we want to pollute the air like Nottingham?
Quite right to ask the question! Why is the Coventry passenger experience 2nd class? Please explain?

JoNi

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 21, 2020, 08:58:51 AM
Quite right to ask the question! Why is the Coventry passenger experience 2nd class? Please explain?

A friend replied "More Third World" when asked if National Express are second class. I took him to task saying stop talking about being world class when NX cant meet the standards I take for granted in other parts of the UK.

One simple example is boarding the bus. Other operators have notices such as Welcome Aboard, Come on In, Your Journey starts here and the other day on a branded bus Welcome to route 75 Great to have you on board. Contrast that with National Express "Give me £2.20 and if you assault me you will be prosecuted referring to the driver who is usually left bemused when I say good morning!

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on August 21, 2020, 03:55:42 PM
A friend replied "More Third World" when asked if National Express are second class. I took him to task saying stop talking about being world class when NX cant meet the standards I take for granted in other parts of the UK.

One simple example is boarding the bus. Other operators have notices such as Welcome Aboard, Come on In, Your Journey starts here and the other day on a branded bus Welcome to route 75 Great to have you on board. Contrast that with National Express "Give me £2.20 and if you assault me you will be prosecuted referring to the driver who is usually left bemused when I say good morning!

Your quote was comparing London,  who have similar notices and when you are onboard don't provide wifi, usb charging, anything more than a basic seat?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2020, 04:21:46 PM
Your quote was comparing London,  who have similar notices and when you are onboard don't provide wifi, usb charging, anything more than a basic seat?

And when you say wifi. NX's wifi is rubbish. I gather that London don't provide wifi, but at least if they did it would probably work better than NX' s. Most of the time NX's doesn't.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 21, 2020, 04:30:20 PM
And when you say wifi. NX,' wifi is rubbish. I gather that London don't provide wifi, but at least if they did it would probably work better than NX' s. Most of the time NX's doesn't.

If they did it would be better?

That is like saying the operator who doesn't run any services would be cheaper?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2020, 04:31:54 PM
If they did it would be better?

That is like saying the operator who doesn't run any services would be cheaper?

It would actually work on all buses that it's supposed to work on.

JoNi

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2020, 04:21:46 PM

With respect I was replying regarding second class customer experience.
The electric buses on the 212 have USB ports in the back of all seats including upstairs and like Nottingham have Estoban seats twice the depth of NXs utilitarian seats.

JPC

Of note on the 20C service - it is extended to University Hospital according to the new map and the timetable, but the service changes webpage doesn't mention this, it takes a nice appropriate route avoiding the 20A and 703 as much as possible.
On the opposite half hour to the 20C is a short 20 to/from Old Church Rd which I think was possibly planned to extend as a replacement for the 703 service (a tender variation or alternative option?) but the bid was fruitless?.

In all honesty a better value for money option for the 703 could be an extension of certain 21 journeys from Wood End to University Hospital, as this extension is only about 15 minutes each way a more frequent half hourly service could be provided.

JoNi

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2020, 06:08:43 AM

The buses are "second class" in many ways not least the anthracite ambiance compared with bright interiors and more comfy seats as mentioned elsewhere. In the case of Nottingham the next stop screens  show the next three stops which are capable of showing information films. A special one was done to inform passengers what NCT were doing to tackle the Covid crisis and expections from passengers which has undoubtedly led to the high levels of face mask compliance I have witnessed.

bususer28

Quote from: JoNi on August 21, 2020, 04:57:41 PM
The buses are "second class" in many ways not least the anthracite ambiance compared with bright interiors and more comfy seats as mentioned elsewhere. In the case of Nottingham the next stop screens  show the next three stops which are capable of showing information films. A special one was done to inform passengers what NCT were doing to tackle the Covid crisis and expections from passengers which has undoubtedly led to the high levels of face mask compliance I have witnessed.
NCT branding is horrible. NX do a cracking job considering they run 80% of services in the West Midlands whereas NCT do roughly half. I think the new buses are a real improvement. 

BH2004

Will the 3/3A be debranded or have branding changes when the service changes come into place on the 30th

Tony

Quote from: BH2004 on August 26, 2020, 05:27:11 PM
Will the 3/3A be debranded or have branding changes when the service changes come into place on the 30th

They've already been debranded

bususer28

Does anyone have any idea as to what the 17/17A will be allocated. The Fenside and Cheylesmore are normally not too busy but the route to hospital can get very busy but then at the same time I'm not sure if the 3 can use the enviro200s as the bit to the Shopping Park is also normally busy whereas the section to Arena Park isn't so.

JPC

Quote from: bususer28 on August 26, 2020, 05:43:30 PM
Does anyone have any idea as to what the 17/17A will be allocated. The Fenside and Cheylesmore are normally not too busy but the route to hospital can get very busy but then at the same time I'm not sure if the 3 can use the enviro200s as the bit to the Shopping Park is also normally busy whereas the section to Arena Park isn't so.

The 17/17A will most likely have B7RLE as per pre-covid service 4, bearing in mind Fenside will remain reduced to a 15 minute service.
The new 14 and 18 are seemingly daytime interworking at Pool Meadow and also remain slightly less frequent than pre-covid so probably will have deckers.
The introduction of 10 electric buses should in theory mean there is 10 buses surplus to requirement and Enviro200s would be most appropriate choice to put aside in these current times - although two or so are now needed for the 585.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk