News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

Quote from: Ben on August 21, 2017, 05:33:14 PM
I suspect NX will lose revenue with them...

Why would this be? The information being provided from them will be more reliable.

Tony

Quote from: Ben on August 21, 2017, 05:33:14 PM
I suspect NX will lose revenue with them...

how? They actually read smart cards far quicker so should be less concessionary passes missed, and the tickets are far better and should reduce fraud.

What do you see in them reducing revenue?

JoNi

Quote from: Adam 404 on August 21, 2017, 06:13:34 PM
Why would this be? The information being provided from them will be more reliable.

A more suitable word would be accurate rather than reliable  as the validator should be able to work out which individual stop passengers get on, against existing fare stage system which often seems to left at the starting point of the journey. I bet ridership in Warwickshire will plummet on the 20!

JoNi

I've encountered no problems yet with the validators which seem to work fine.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on August 21, 2017, 07:29:55 PM
A more suitable word would be accurate rather than reliable  as the validator should be able to work out which individual stop passengers get on, against existing fare stage system which often seems to left at the starting point of the journey. I bet ridership in Warwickshire will plummet on the 20!

The total numbers will be more accurate though as they are more likely to actually read there is a card there than the current ones

Twi

at least tickets are now actually readable .. and word of the day is pure genius

Gareth

Quote from: Twi on August 23, 2017, 10:41:13 AM
at least tickets are now actually readable .. and word of the day is pure genius

Not quite pure genius I think some of the First companies had been doing it for many years.

j789

Quote from: Gareth on August 23, 2017, 06:55:48 PM
Not quite pure genius I think some of the First companies had been doing it for many years.

Yeah we have the word of the day on mobile tickets, it's a good idea as prevents people screen shoting a ticket and passing them around. The time also flashes. We get our new machines at Worcester soon too, guessing they will be similar to NXWM/ Diamond ones and no more concession tickets issued!

Quote from: j789 on August 23, 2017, 10:05:39 PM
Yeah we have the word of the day on mobile tickets, it's a good idea as prevents people screen shoting a ticket and passing them around. The time also flashes. We get our new machines at Worcester soon too, guessing they will be similar to NXWM/ Diamond ones and no more concession tickets issued!
If Worcesters are the same as the ones Kernow have, they are the same as Diamonds.
Also Kernow don't issue concession tickets with the new machines. The new Day and weekly tickets come with QR codes at the bottom of the ticket, so when the passenger next boards the bus, they scan the QR code using the barcode scanner the machine, the machine then says valid or invalid with the expiry date of the ticket, a good idea as it prevents the use of people using scrunched up expired day and weekly tickets.
@j789
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

j789

Quote from: 2206 on August 23, 2017, 10:53:53 PM
If Worcesters are the same as the ones Kernow have, they are the same as Diamonds.
Also Kernow don't issue concession tickets with the new machines. The new Day and weekly tickets come with QR codes at the bottom of the ticket, so when the passenger next boards the bus, they scan the QR code using the barcode scanner the machine, the machine then says valid or invalid with the expiry date of the ticket, a good idea as it prevents the use of people using scrunched up expired day and weekly tickets.
@j789

The QR codes will be great and make scanning much easier (as long as the technology is reliable!!!!) It should speed up boarding time too. Our new machines are also meant to automatically update the fare stage on the machine using gps which again will help to avoid drivers forgetting to update this when driving as it's easy to do. It's amazing what this new technology can do so I hope it is successful.

JoNi

I'm using E-daysavers at the moment which when placed on the new ticket validator clearly state how many days are left.   
Today I was able to test my expired Swift card on a new validator which illuminated red and clearly stated that it had expired on 11th August.
Very good so far, only one new validator not working on a 23.

Twi

Drove for a 4 1/2 hour stint with new ticket machine today was very impressed ..some passes still had to be scanned twice though while others were instant passengers keep putting card on the LCD screen which wont scan has to be lower down on the black area guess they will get used to it in time. Was really nice not having to enter any running board info, journeys, fare stages all updated as they should my only gripe was as the bus i was on was changing from 23 to 23a and i don't usually drive 23's i had to keep going back to running board to double check what route i was on even though it gives the journey it should specify route number as some running boards can do odd things when you least expect them too like a 6 leaving Vic farm for tanyard so many times drivers have misread and displayed 6a.

Adam 404

JoNi

JPC

Changes to the NXC University of Warwick services this weekend...
Includes a extension of Evening 12X journeys to Prior Deram Walk, Canley.
Effectively covering a small section of the 18A route which doesn't have evening service,
I suppose this makes the evening 12X journey 29 minutes each way, a loop around Canley might have covered more ground.
The rest of Canley is probably still in need of something better than the hourly 18 service in the evenings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk