News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Seemingly only three of the eight 4's are bendybuses today with 4 branded 6014 on 21. 6015 and 6020 are long term off road.

Coventry Transport Dude

I saw 4411 standing at the 16/16A stop on the Radford Road (opposite Mossdale Close !) at 6.15pm today and it had no interior lights on at all and the only lights on were its hazard lights !  I assume it must have broken down ?

Beano2211

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on December 22, 2015, 11:21:00 PM
I saw 4411 standing at the 16/16A stop on the Radford Road (opposite Mossdale Close !) at 6.15pm today and it had no interior lights on at all and the only lights on were its hazard lights !  I assume it must have broken down ?
Broken window.

Coventry Transport Dude

Sounds like some of the Radford lowlife have been up to no good again ?  I rarely catch a Bus these days, as i tend to walk everywhere if i can and only catch one if it's something new in the fleet that i haven't been on before, or if it's a Bus that's about to be withdrawn from service ?

If i have to catch the 16 / 16A Bus at all, i won't go on it at night at all now, as the stone throwing lowlife congregate on the park next to where 4411 was damaged earlier and then some of 'em will hide behind the bushes there, throw their stones and then quickly leg it !  They could really do with some plain clothed Police Officers hiding nearby, ready to pounce on the gits when they do it, but as usual, nothing will get done about stopping it until someone on the Bus is either seriously or fatally injured ??? ("Hopefully not" !).

GeminiFan1991

Apologies if I've mentioned this before but I kind of need answer not to mention I don't really want to make a pointless journey but how accessible is CV from a photographer's POV ?! I mean I like taking garages (Refer to my Flickr) especially of buses parked up and I quite like CV but I don't really want make a near 14 mile journey just to see some shutters and the back end of an E400 !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

t.w.moore

Not easy without permission to photograph inside the depot  and there is not a good viewpoint from the outside into the depot. The best times  for outside views is early mornings, and after the evening peak when lots of buses are about. In the mornings I have photographed buses parked, the best day Saturday, before 8am. In the evening after the peak there's always a queue of buses waiting to enter the depot. A colleague of mine did some very nice pics from the front railings and entrance, of buses waiting to enter the depot, this was in darkness of course, with the available light of the depot, and because the buses were stationary in the queue  he was able to photograph useing slow exposures without the use of tripod. In daylight of months coming, if you can wait that long, its quite easy with normal exposures of course.

JoNi

As a result of Christmas closure lots of ALX400s are parked along the side and at the back of the depot behind high wall and gate.

GeminiFan1991

Thanks, I've seen many flickr photos of buses parked by the entrance so I'm assuming that still might be the case although I'd surmise CV would rather dispatch them and keep all the buses inside .. ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

JoNi

Buses are gaining new cab door posters for revised fares. The unbranded B7s have lost their Daysaver adverts from below the shallower side windows.

Trident 4609

Quote from: JoNi on December 29, 2015, 03:42:36 PM
Buses are gaining new cab door posters for revised fares. The unbranded B7s have lost their Daysaver adverts from below the shallower side windows.

Some NXWM buses have now gained new 2016 cab door fare tables. Seen them on PN and WB buses so far

Dom

Quote from: Nathan on December 29, 2015, 04:27:25 PM
Some NXWM buses have now gained new 2016 cab door fare tables. Seen them on PN and WB buses so far

WN E200's have them as well

Quote from: Nathan on December 29, 2015, 04:27:25 PM
Some of the BY Omnilinks on the 55 this afternoon have them.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Adam 404

"(Please note that from 5 January to 11 January services 6/6A will use Stand T in Pool Meadow)" Does anyone know why it won't be serving Stand M between these dates towards Little Heath?
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/Coventry/3Januarychangesservices.aspx

JoNi

Apparently electronic doors are being installed in the central aisles by the former canteen in a bid to stop people trespassing in the bus lanes.

JoNi

Blokes out changing bus stop flags in City Centre. Saw 10 in Corporation Street going towards Pool Meadow, totem by Council House still has 6, 10, 18 etc on it. Some much for technology allowing instantaneous change.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk