News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t.w.moore

Great to hear about the awards to Coventry depot. Is 4414 transferred to Coventry to replace 6016?.

Advice please. Where in Birmingham can I locate and photograph  some of the 10 former Coventry Wright Gemini Volvos in service
I have been told one was on the X1 this week, I missed it of course, perhaps it was a one off being a short time break down replacement. Appreciate your help

Quote from: t.w.moore on March 15, 2017, 07:34:30 PM
Great to hear about the awards to Coventry depot. Is 4414 transferred to Coventry to replace 6016?.

Advice please. Where in Birmingham can I locate and photograph  some of the 10 former Coventry Wright Gemini Volvos in service
I have been told one was on the X1 this week, I missed it of course, perhaps it was a one off being a short time break down replacement. Appreciate your help
It wouldn't have been on the X1 as thats a BC route and the Gemini are at PB.
Best routes to find them on are the 94, 65 and 67. So the best place to find them is the Priory Queensway in Birmingham City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Quote from: t.w.moore on March 15, 2017, 07:34:30 PM

Best place I can think of is The Priory Queensway/Moor Street Junction. You can see routes 65/67, 94, 52/A, 907. the 16 ocassionally gets Geminis too. These are the most likely the routes the Geminis will be on. You also have the 46 on Livery Street, the 7 may have one on there too

Tony

Quote from: John on March 15, 2017, 07:39:53 PM
Best place I can think of is The Priory Queensway/Moor Street Junction. You can see routes 65/67, 94, 52/A, 907. the 16 ocassionally gets Geminis too. These are the most likely the routes the Geminis will be on. You also have the 46 on Livery Street, the 7 may have one on there too

And just to throw a spanner in the works
sometimes the 77
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4475-4699/4696.html

t.w.moore

Thank you, I will follow your advice.

The Real 4778

Not noticed on the forum yet, but 4205 has taken to breaking and entering in Kearsley, according to BBC reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-39325826

Fortunately, it doesn't look as though many if any significant injuries have been sustained.

Apologies if this is already active elsewhere on the site.
Don't you start.

winston

I assume that will also be the end of 4205's career

The Real 4778

Quote from: Winston on March 20, 2017, 07:29:38 PM
I assume that will also be the end of 4205's career

One would have thought so, given that withdrawals are underway thinning out the Y-Trident fleet elsewhere, and expenditure per vehicle in this 'at-risk' category is presumably limited.
Don't you start.

Adam 404

Quote from: Adam 404 on March 01, 2017, 05:09:15 PM
Service 5 will run direct down Lythalls Lane from 23rd April 2017 according to NWM Newletter.

"Withdrawn from St Lukes Road, Beacon Road, and Compton Road"
Service 8, 8A, 9 & 9A are revised from 23rd April: http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-changes/coventry-service-changes-from-sunday-23rd-april-2017

No mention of the 5 service though...

JoNi

John

JoNi

Tony

It looks like someone has tried to reset it and failed because it was on 'factory settings' at BC hence only showing final destination with the numbers on the wrong side.

On NXWM buses 'Factory settings' puts what should be on the side, not the front, hence the problems at WN.

JoNi

Side and rear displays were correct.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on March 27, 2017, 05:42:41 PM
Side and rear displays were correct.

They will be. There is some settings on the unit itself which needs to be in the correct position to get it to display properly. At BC it was set to pick up the side instead. That looks like it is trying to get the entire destination into the rear display.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk