News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Underpowered?

Started by Bob, July 20, 2013, 02:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Why do sb200s struggle to get up even smallish hills etc? They have to be revved to the max and SCREAM and still struggle!

arrivaaston

Because there absoloute shite!! Terrible for use on 60's

Bob

Totally the wrong bus for the x38, they sound like their goin to explode!

Bob

Bob

As arriva's top kiss ass im assuming you think theyre wonderful

nx4737

No, not wonderful, but not as bad as you make out, IMO there is nothing wrong with them being on the X38.

Bob

Well thats up to you. I dont think theyre suitable at all,  Id thank you to f##k off with the sarcastic pictures though, I sont read your stuff out of choice so why not do the same . Cheers

the trainbasher

Can we just all agree to disagree?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Dude I just asked whether people thought sb200s are underpowered ( I think they are, very much so).........

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on July 22, 2013, 07:23:21 PM
Dude I just asked whether people thought sb200s are underpowered ( I think they are, very much so).........

To be honest, I agree. I think that SB200s are underpowered, as well as awful. The 52-plate Telford ones are probably the best you'll find - but the 59-plates are God damn awful. Rattly, not very fast, badly made, vibrate alot... The 52-plates are holding out longer already... I think Arriva should just invest in more Citaros and get some Optare Tempos - they would be something I'd like to ride on :) Even B7RLEs would be nice :)
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Sb200s scream and struggle at even a slight incline and die on hills. None of the other big groups have bothered with them

2200 Bus

Quote from: arrivadays on July 22, 2013, 07:28:38 PM

To be honest, I agree. I think that SB200s are underpowered, as well as awful. The 52-plate Telford ones are probably the best you'll find - but the 59-plates are God damn awful. Rattly, not very fast, badly made, vibrate alot... The 52-plates are holding out longer already... I think Arriva should just invest in more Citaros and get some Optare Tempos - they would be something I'd like to ride on :) Even B7RLEs would be nice :)

Optare Tempos definately, Trent have them for there share of the X38 and they are brilliant.

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on July 22, 2013, 08:06:03 PM
Sb200s scream and struggle at even a slight incline and die on hills. None of the other big groups have bothered with them

Stagecoach have got Voith Darts as well as a couple of SB200s.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

arrivadays

Quote from: 2200 Bus on July 22, 2013, 08:29:51 PM
Quote from: arrivadays on July 22, 2013, 07:28:38 PM

I've never been on one - but I've seen videos and can tell that they're really nice... There's a few that operate the Wolverhampton Campus route.

Optare Tempos definately, Trent have them for there share of the X38 and they are brilliant.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk