News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Shaw

6829 0n the 957 this morning, also 6832 with NX logos and the name Ronnie Morgan. Well done NXWM/BC.

4871 and one of the new platinums are on the 900 today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on November 17, 2016, 06:37:47 PM
Had a ride home on 6827 on the 957 this evening. Apart from that overpowering 'new bus' smell, and the USB points under the seats, nothing really fundamentally different with them, so I can't get excited about them.

The stop/start experience for me was the same as when I used to get 2203 and 2204 on the 37, still feels like the bus has stalled when it judders to a halt.

Could do with sorting out the tracking system and the audio/visual announcements, neither of which were working. (With reliability up the spout at present, you can't rely on either the 900 or 957 to be running on time, RTI info is invaluable!) The screens were just showing CCTV imagery, while the upstairs LED display was just scrolling "Hanover Displays". Feels like they're being rushed into service to be honest.

I think it was 6833 I travelled home on yesterday evening, one other difference I did notice, having had the opportunity to sit downstairs, is the addition of a scrolling display inside the lower saloon, above the monitor screen.

I'm presuming that the onboard audio/visual next stop announcements will not be enabled on these buses until the route number changes next weekend, unless there is some other reason why they have not been set up yet? If that's the case, in the meantime, would it not be useful to have the scrolling displays reminding passengers of the forthcoming service number changes? (Instead of just scrolling between "Alexander Dennis", "Travel West Midlands" and "Hanover Displays")
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on November 26, 2016, 06:40:52 PM
I think it was 6833 I travelled home on yesterday evening, one other difference I did notice, having had the opportunity to sit downstairs, is the addition of a scrolling display inside the lower saloon, above the monitor screen.

I'm presuming that the onboard audio/visual next stop announcements will not be enabled on these buses until the route number changes next weekend, unless there is some other reason why they have not been set up yet? If that's the case, in the meantime, would it not be useful to have the scrolling displays reminding passengers of the forthcoming service number changes? (Instead of just scrolling between "Alexander Dennis", "Travel West Midlands" and "Hanover Displays")
One of the 678* on the 126 today on Bath Row at about 13:15 was still scrollong ("Alexander Dennis, Travel West Midlands, Hanover Displays")
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

JoNi

6827 on the 900 to birmingham in pool meadow at 10:15.

iansdavies

can i send out a happy birthday message to the 97 bus route which is now 40 years young , prior to that it was the 53 operating to shirestone road only .great drivers on a very busy corridor, keep up the good work  :D

B.C Driver

6835 - 39 parked up in garage.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Stu

Quote from: Stu on November 26, 2016, 06:40:52 PM

While I was walking round to Tesco Yardley this evening, 6827 went past me on the 957, and I could see the downstairs scrolling display was showing next stop info.

Any reason why this new batch have the downstairs scrolling display, rather than showing the next stop info on the screen?
My locals:

MasterPlan

Are there a lack of deckers at BC compared to other garages? Seems like there's B7RLEs on busy corridors all the time.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 28, 2016, 06:58:45 PM
Are there a lack of deckers at BC compared to other garages? Seems like there's B7RLEs on busy corridors all the time.

I was at BC yesterday and I saw plenty of deckers  ;D

I would have thought if BC were low on deckers, they'd wait on transferring/ withdrawing some of the buses going out.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 28, 2016, 06:58:45 PM

Can you be more specific? B7RLEs are normal allocation on 58 and 59, and the Coventry Road is a 'busy corridor'.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on November 28, 2016, 07:36:56 PM
Can you be more specific? B7RLEs are normal allocation on 58 and 59, and the Coventry Road is a 'busy corridor'.

And the normal allocation for the X64 & 98, other busy services.

The reason they turn up elsewhere is they are generally really reliable buses, so the spares for the allocated routes are available for use elsewhere

MW

Quote from: Tony on November 28, 2016, 07:39:45 PM
And the normal allocation for the X64 & 98, other busy services.

The reason they turn up elsewhere is they are generally really reliable buses, so the spares for the allocated routes are available for use elsewhere

It's a shame they didn't get more of them! I wonder if there's any hope for the B8RLE at NXWM. Presumably not as I imagine the downsizing (E200 MMCs) compared to full heavy weight single deckers is down to cost.

Mike K

4884 has finally lost its Ronnie Morgan names.

On a separate note, 4878 on the 29 has been reported in the noteworthy workings thread. There are typically several E400s on the 29 every day.

JoNi

6839 on 900 in Coventry.
6832 returns to streets of Coventry seen returning dead to Birmingham. Both unbranded.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk