News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

4598 out on the 97 today. First time in service for 229 days. Other long missing tridents should also be back soon

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2022, 06:18:48 PM4598 out on the 97 today. First time in service for 229 days. Other long missing tridents should also be back soon
Presumably that's allowed some other Tridents to pass over to YW?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

All garages had an excess of buses as there was a hope that frequencies could be increased from April. Now that is not possible with current staff levels the excess buses are being withdrawn, or if euro 6 moved to other garage to replace vehicles which are not euro 6.

This is possible as with new buses due to arrive in the next few weeks any frequency increases that are possible can be covered by the new buses.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2022, 06:44:05 PMAll garages had an excess of buses as there was a hope that frequencies could be increased from April. Now that is not possible with current staff levels the excess buses are being withdrawn, or if euro 6 moved to other garage to replace vehicles which are not euro 6.

This is possible as with new buses due to arrive in the next few weeks any frequency increases that are possible can be covered by the new buses.
Thanks for the insight, I wasn't complaining really, despite their age its nice having Tridents back regularly on the 2 and 3 at YW, which from my own observations and experiences are getting busier again, certainly at peak times at least.
My locals:

Tony

4473 currently out on an afternoon peak board on the 45/47. Another long term missing trident repaired and in service for the first time this year

Tony

Another long term returnee which hasn't run this year is 6861, just come out on the X2

Gareth

I can't remember which thread it was from, but as it relates to a BC service, I'll mention it here.

There was speculation of the 14 becoming single deck operated during a possible diversion due to the demolition of Saltley Viaduct from this summer until autumn 2023.

Works have now been postponed and this work will now not happen until 2024.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Gareth on April 29, 2022, 09:49:30 AMI can't remember which thread it was from, but as it relates to a BC service, I'll mention it here.

There was speculation of the 14 becoming single deck operated during a possible diversion due to the demolition of Saltley Viaduct from this summer until autumn 2023.

Good job really from what I saw today 14 can't cope with city centre crowds as it is.

MasterPlan

6888 missing the 7 from the 7 mins on the far side. I'm sure it's not the only one too. I think one of them even still says 6 mins.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

B.C Driver

Quote from: Gareth on April 29, 2022, 09:49:30 AMI can't remember which thread it was from, but as it relates to a BC service, I'll mention it here.

I really hope the planned 14 swop to PB doesn't happen now. As you mentioned the 14 was planned to go single decker, this would have been deadly during the daytime as the 14s get very full quick with double deckers.
If it is 2024, it could coincide with the closure of BC as that is the rumoured closure date.
The garage route swop not happening would save costs and disruption
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Stu

Quote from: B.C Driver on May 10, 2022, 10:34:57 AMI really hope the planned 14 swop to PB doesn't happen now. As you mentioned the 14 was planned to go single decker, this would have been deadly during the daytime as the 14s get very full quick with double deckers.
If it is 2024, it could coincide with the closure of BC as that is the rumoured closure date.
The garage route swop not happening would save costs and disruption
But when Saltley Viaduct is closed, the 14 is still going to need single-decks unless another diversion route can be found.
My locals:

B.C Driver

Quote from: Stu on May 10, 2022, 06:36:53 PMBut when Saltley Viaduct is closed, the 14 is still going to need single-decks unless another diversion route can be found.
Yes, I agree, but my point is - if Saltley Viaduct closes in 2024 then surely wait until then to implement single deckers.

Until then keep things as they are...
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

Stu

Quote from: B.C Driver on May 10, 2022, 07:52:04 PMYes, I agree, but my point is - if Saltley Viaduct closes in 2024 then surely wait until then to implement single deckers.

Until then keep things as they are...
That has always been the plan as far as I understand.

This rumour about the 14 started last year I think, when the Saltley Viaduct works were originally planned for this year.

If those works aren't going to happen until 2024 now, then nothing needs to change in the meantime.
My locals:

Tony

4602 has just passed an MoT today, that's another of the long term missing Tridents back. last used 16th November 2021

B.C Driver

Quote from: Tony on May 11, 2022, 02:30:32 PM4602 has just passed an MoT today, that's another of the long term missing Tridents back. last used 16th November 2021
Will it remain at BC?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk