News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

Quote from: Winston on August 03, 2013, 07:19:24 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 03, 2013, 07:15:44 PM
Quote from: BN on August 03, 2013, 06:35:15 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 03, 2013, 12:28:30 AM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 03, 2013, 12:25:54 AM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 03, 2013, 12:22:53 AM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 03, 2013, 12:21:57 AM
4541/4560/61/4609? Are they clapped out?

I said some of them, not all of them ::)

Best you stick to PN buses in the future as you seem to think you know more than me about WN which you clearly don't !

I think I know enough about it to know when a garage is making buses worse. Now back to Birmingham Central please.

Hi Matt, whereabouts do you work at the company and what position do you hold?

Perhaps you could go down to WN and meet some of the engineering team and let them know your comments on here?

I could ask you the same thing.

Just the impression I get and have heard.

Matt,

In case you hadn't already figured it out, I think you'll find that BN is WN garages engineering manager, hence his reply

No sorry I am not.

winston

Fair enough BN, got my wires crossed.... ;)

Ashley 4569

Nicely said. The mentioned Tridents aren't clapped out, they just sound different which isnt a bad thing.

As for 4151 Tony, its not one I would complain about, I take it you liked the bus but the route not as much?

Tony

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on August 04, 2013, 09:48:32 AM
Nicely said. The mentioned Tridents aren't clapped out, they just sound different which isnt a bad thing.

As for 4151 Tony, its not one I would complain about, I take it you liked the bus but the route not as much?

Volunteering for driving up and down Alum Rock Road on the last weekend of Ramadam might not have been the best idea, but otherwise I like the 14 driven on it on and off for 25 years, there is that video on my you tube of it taken in about 1987, and the passengers are no-where near as bad as some on here make out, I got a lot of thank yous from people getting off

Ashley 4569

I have watched that video, how times have changed, the estates weren't so congested back then I suppose. Ill admit the 14 was one of the first Birmingham routes I sampled when I became more adventurous. Initially I wouldnt have been able to tell what was a good or bad route, I think my downer on some of the Chelsmley Wood routes came from views on the forum but as is always the case anywhere, its only a minority that lower the tone of any route but thats another story

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on August 04, 2013, 11:08:07 AM

Volunteering for driving up and down Alum Rock Road on the last weekend of Ramadam might not have been the best idea, but otherwise I like the 14 driven on it on and off for 25 years, there is that video on my you tube of it taken in about 1987, and the passengers are no-where near as bad as some on here make out, I got a lot of thank yous from people getting off

Well yes because I bet you gave them a free ride with there 'yearly savers'. Or bimonthly passes.. all I used to get on that road was a mouthful of gob up the assault screen.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

4433 was on the 900 yesterday and tbh it was alright, a diversion and half though after leaving the airport to get on to the city bound A45 but it looked quite smart.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 04, 2013, 11:39:34 AM

Well yes because I bet you gave them a free ride with there 'yearly savers'. Or bimonthly passes.. all I used to get on that road was a mouthful of gob up the assault screen.

No, goes against the grain as a Revenue Inspector to give people free rides. Have you got a job in the Granny taxi service yet?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on August 04, 2013, 11:59:14 AM

No, goes against the grain as a Revenue Inspector to give people free rides. Have you got a job in the Granny taxi service yet?

No thanks haha

And were you in Revenue uniform, just out of curiosity?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 04, 2013, 12:14:20 PM

No thanks haha

I was just driving in my Inspector's white shirt. I was told you were thinking of going to Ring & Ride

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on August 04, 2013, 12:50:07 PM

No thanks haha

I was just driving in my Inspector's white shirt. I was told you were thinking of going to Ring & Ride

I guess the occupational hazard on Ring and Ride, rather than a mouthful of gob, is someone dribbling all over you?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on August 04, 2013, 12:50:07 PM

No thanks haha

I'll probably do anything in months to come, but now I'm done with NX I'm going to France with the wife for a 2weeks.

Who tells you this false information?. I most likely won't, anyway.
until it cought fire

Ashley 4569

Enjoy your holiday :)

That spit kit will come in handy if you did go to Ring and Ride :P

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2013, 09:58:27 PM
I've just finished my first driving duty at BC for two years, didn't take the easy option of a new bus on the 900, but took a duty on the 14 with 4151, not sure why you BC drivers moan about the 41xx, 4151 is a lovely bus, superb brakes, only fault is it is a bit slow pulling away on a hill.

Shame London Midland are so shit and cannot be bothered to run any trains to get me home. Don't expect any website updates tonight, currently on the stopper to Walsall with the promise of a replacement bus

Son of a b**** i think you drove my bus back from Chelmsley Wood about half 8. I remember telling me girlfriend at the time "I think I recognise that driver, but it can't be him cause he wouldn't be driving a BC bus"

.... dammit
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on August 05, 2013, 07:18:31 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2013, 09:58:27 PM
I've just finished my first driving duty at BC for two years, didn't take the easy option of a new bus on the 900, but took a duty on the 14 with 4151, not sure why you BC drivers moan about the 41xx, 4151 is a lovely bus, superb brakes, only fault is it is a bit slow pulling away on a hill.

Shame London Midland are so shit and cannot be bothered to run any trains to get me home. Don't expect any website updates tonight, currently on the stopper to Walsall with the promise of a replacement bus

Son of a b**** i think you drove my bus back from Chelmsley Wood about half 8. I remember telling me girlfriend at the time "I think I recognise that driver, but it can't be him cause he wouldn't be driving a BC bus"

.... dammit

I did the 20:25 from Chelmsley Wood back to City

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk