News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

AM/PM

Started by Nathan4775, April 25, 2012, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

What happended to AMPM and there buses and there drivers
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Stu

They went bust last year.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

D10

The leased buses were sent back to the dealers.

Ossie

Quote from: D10 on April 25, 2012, 09:41:52 PM

........ and several of them subsequently found their way to Thandi.  Also, at least one AMPM d/d finished up with The Green Bus, I remember seeing it parked up in their yard in Hockley.

Tony

None of the darts or deckers in the AMPM fleet were leased. The Trident (T201 CLO) was only parked in Green Bus's yard by Ensign who claimed it back when payments were not kept up. Ensign then sold it to McGill's, Greenock in 5/11. It did then return to Green Bus in 7/11.

The final sales are just taking place after the remaining few vehicles were parked up for nearly a year with VIP taking 3 of them

Tony

V700 CBC at Midland was never with AMPM, It went Coakley Bus; Gibson Direct; Midland Classic and them Midland.

The one at AMPM was V800 CBC which is now with Hansons

MW

Quote from: D10 on April 25, 2012, 09:41:52 PM

Are you talking about the MCV's they had briefly?

mranon

r133rly with select buses

Nathan4775

My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

MW

I point you to the following:

http://www.staffordbuscentre.com/Buses-For-Sale.html

They are for sale for just £2950! Ridiculously cheap. They are 'out of test' which looks as if it means no MOT.

Jack Grove

Low-floor Darts (earlier ones) are cheap in general now anyway because there are so many on the used market. We have no hope of shifting the Marshall ones surplus at our place. Plus these AMPM ones are knackered. These buses are old hat now, and are in abundance in scrapyards.

mranon

select have acquired r133rly ex am pm travel.

fleetline6477

Ex AMPM Dart P 201 OLX is parked up at GRS yard in Wednesdury still in AMPM sky blue and white but without any fleetnames.

Steveminor

Rather than hijack any other thread, I thought I would start a new one if anyone has any thoughts about this former operator.

Justin Tyme

AMPM seemed to get off to a promising start, and looked as if it had done its homework.  It provided serious competition to NXWM on route 6 with a fleet of smart Dennis Dart SLFs, running every 12 minutes during the daytime.  I travelled on an AMPM 6 once, at the Solihull end of the route.  It seemed OK and we had a reasonable load.

IIRC NXWM did not retaliate in the form of increased frequency, new buses or special fare offers.  So what went wrong with the 6?  Clearly the route required several buses and drivers, so did most passengers wait for NXWM or was it simply a case of not enough income to cover costs?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk