News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Best and worst rotas?

Started by Mike K, April 16, 2013, 02:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I did a Sunday duty consisting of 4 city's 3 dudleys and a bearwood nearly over a 9 hour period not good to say the least, I wander why there is such a stink regarding Sunday work at West Bromwich and there we have certain select drivers who will be doing 2 4 hour dutys and getting paid two days pay. This nonsense been going on for years all we hear nothing shady going on, Pull the other one, many of us think the 4 hr dutys should become 5/6 hrs in duration and the 8/9 hrs down to 5/6 hrs average ,balance things out .
There was a  time Sunday work was voluntary with decent dutys then it all changed with ever longer dutys next thing you know they can't cover the work, so that privilege went out the window like every thing else. West Bromwich,s 4 day rota it's being scrapped cause they can't cover the work , duties on that are terrible no wander the drivers on that look shattered and beat up all the time.

Pete175

I remember the good old days at WB on Dudley Rd when we only did 3 trips on 87 with relief in dudley. 4-5 trips on 82 with Bearwood reliefs and 88 with blackheath reliefs, it was a nice bit of variety

Pete, they were good back in the day , oldbury rota majority straight through duties ruined by a minority who kept complaining about the breaks,  these bastards left shortly after the new longer duties started. Mr R.G and cronies thanks a lot

John Stait

Any idea of current day YW rotas please and what new starters would most likely go on at the garage (after Spare)
Thanks

spudnick

Quote from: John Stait on October 01, 2015, 12:16:40 PM
Any idea of current day YW rotas please and what new starters would most likely go on at the garage (after Spare)
Thanks

Bartley Green (BG) - 18
Hall Green - 6
Hawkesley  - 84
Kings Norton (KN) - 49/76
Maypole - 50
Pool Farm - 27/35
Warstock - 2/3

May Green - mixture of everything but more on the 6/50 than anything else, this is where you'll end up after learning all the routes, not bad if you like a bit of variety but no good if the 50 or 6 isn't your cup of tea. You can move onto other rotas when other new starters come along and rota fills up but you'll be on there a while. The BG is the old mans road so impossible to get onto without being there a fairly long time, the same also applies to a certain extent to the Warstock as spaces don't come up very often and there a normally plenty of drivers wanting to go on (those with the longest service take precedence). The same also apples to the 84 as its just 1 full time and 2 part time drivers.

John Stait

Thankyou for that detailed reply, the 18 always was the old mans rota even years ago! 2/3 or 49/76 would be my choice then.

Thanks again, John

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

John

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on May 09, 2016, 05:48:28 PM
What's pb's current rotas

The same as I put on page 2, the only changes are the route changes, (No 115, 68A/C etc.)

Kingstanding now has a Late Night Rota, and the Oxhill is soon to be split into 4 day, 5 day and L/N rotas

iansdavies

how about the inner circle 8a/ c is that a good rota

iansdavies

back in july i caught a 97 at 954 into brum reaching moor street at 1028 i spent most of my day in edgbaston arriving back in town at 730 noticing the 97 home caught it and it was the same driver at 954 i thought blimey thats a long shift , how many hours did he drive any ideas

John

Quote from: iansdavies on October 26, 2016, 09:25:26 PM
back in july i caught a 97 at 954 into brum reaching moor street at 1028 i spent most of my day in edgbaston arriving back in town at 730 noticing the 97 home caught it and it was the same driver at 954 i thought blimey thats a long shift , how many hours did he drive any ideas

Could have had a 12 hour split shift or that driver might have done some overtime either in the morning or evening

Dom

Quote from: John on October 26, 2016, 10:02:26 PM
Could have had a 12 hour split shift or that driver might have done some overtime either in the morning or evening

Does BC have a 4 day rota?

AndrewLee

iansdavies

i bet the lad  the 97 driver must have been absolutely knackered i do praise the work and effort for all drivers on the route  :D

iansdavies

on a sunday , what are the domestic driving hours is it about 6 hours  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk