News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Routes

Started by Trident 4609, April 07, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Thats the sort of bus they should be using, arriva liveried, not ( yet) knackered and the right size. Cant see the wolverhampton section lasting though still...

nitromatt1

Quote from: bob on July 02, 2013, 05:19:21 PM
Thats the sort of bus they should be using, arriva liveried, not ( yet) knackered and the right size. Cant see the wolverhampton section lasting though still...

From what I have seen the Wolverhampton end seems to be the busiest part

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 02, 2013, 11:18:24 PM

Are you joking?? Yes the Wolves end does get a few passengers but usually OAP's with free passes

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 03, 2013, 08:19:30 AM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 02, 2013, 11:18:24 PM

Are you joking?? Yes the Wolves end does get a few passengers but usually OAP's with free passes

No I wasn't joking....

Bob

A few being the operative words here

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on July 03, 2013, 11:03:18 AM
A few being the operative words here

Well quite a lot of OAP passengers who sit downstairs but from my observation the whole route isn't busy enough to need Double Deckers. The Arriva Livered MPD's suite the route fine.

I have noticed one occasion where a double deckers have been busy and i have seen a few packed dats (Both on the Wolverhampton end) but a couple of times isn't good enough to jusify deckers.

Bob

On the 10.03 from wolverhampton,  total passenger numbers 7 most of whom got off by wednesfield and 4 pensioners got on, I was the only paying passenger.  The bus was w367 vgj and it was f#####g knackered! Tge gearbox wasnt working the driver said when she stopped it wouldnt go out of first gear again. Whole journey at no more than just over 20mph! Bus sounded horrendous. Another nice well maintained nail. They must be haemorragingmoney on this route. The 89 I ccaught into wolves was rammed. The 19s gona be an absolute epic fail lol

Bob

On the 1218 from bloxwich, in wednesfield total num of passengers 10 incl 3 children. The only cash taken so far is 2 80p supplement fares. I bet it doesnt even make a fiver by wolves lol. Both other 19s (blakenall bound one in bloxwich the other just passed just before wednesfield ) had about 3 or 4 passengers on. Why are people shunning the route? Other than a handful of pensioners?  Expensive disaster anyone? Lol

arrivaaston

If its the woman driver I'm thinking of, the bus was fine just the driver, she struggles to get solos/mpd's into gear

Tony

Quote from: arrivaaston on July 25, 2013, 03:04:46 PM
If its the woman driver I'm thinking of, the bus was fine just the driver, she struggles to get solos/mpd's into gear

A driver cannot 'struggle to get a bus into gear' all you do is press a button (on some you have to press the brake pedal at the same time) but I am sure no company would employ anybody who couldn't do that, in fact I doubt they would even pass their PCV driving test

Bob

Either way tony it was a heap of shit

Trident 4609

4851 on the 19 today (Branded for the 10 aswell!)

arrivaaston

When it was choice, she used to drive the 23 route quite often with g541tbd after our regular driver sadly left, soon as the mercs went and we had darts she dissapeard, reason being "she couldn't drive the darts"

Tony

Quote from: arrivaaston on July 25, 2013, 11:47:09 PM

I Have deleted the comment that was here because passing comments about staff that can be identified on here, but cannot answer back is unfair

Tony

Westy

If any Arriva Wednesfield staff are on here, is the 19 on diversion in North Walsall, as NWM say no, but Tony says otherwise?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk