News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Routes

Started by Trident 4609, April 07, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

For got the 4 lol yea rememner these on the 4 with Leyland Lynxes

Bob

Used to have h-gpf citybuses branded up for the 156 as well. Arriva made a total mess of that route lol

Trident 4609

Susprisingly a 19 in going through wednesfield was almost packed. (Was a full size dart and not a MPD)

lynx1103

The 19 was not very well advertised people are not familiar with it.as one day the 560 disappeared and the 19 came. If It was advertised properly eg poster at every bus stop describing routes I think it will pick up but it ll take time.

I remember when Nxwm re-numbered 560 to 908 not many people catch it as they did not know where the route went. In time it did pick up.

Bob

theres no consistency though, anything from a red mpd with an arriva badge stuck on with a midland stickrr in the back window to a clapped out marshall dart with full midland fleetnames to a bloody 3/4 empty decker! It looks absolutely SHIT!!! Darts are obviously sufficient so why not ensure repainted mpds are used all the time? If the current situation is tge best they can do itll just fail....

Westy

Quote from: lynx1103 on June 02, 2013, 05:09:28 PM
The 19 was not very well advertised people are not familiar with it.as one day the 560 disappeared and the 19 came. If It was advertised properly eg poster at every bus stop describing routes I think it will pick up but it ll take time.

I remember when Nxwm re-numbered 560 to 908 not many people catch it as they did not know where the route went. In time it did pick up.

Dunno about Arriva promotion as its not very often I catch them, despite living on the 2, but don't people read the notices on the buses, or in the case of the reviews, the nice glossy leaflet they produce!

I do, besides having internet access!

Has everyone on the relavant routes seen the notices for the Pheasey / Kingstanding changes on the bus?

Trident 4609

Well the posters for the changes in North Birmingham have started appearing on WN buses

Bob

On the 19 between bloxwich and wolverhampton,  total of 9 passengers got on and off  plus me. 8 were pensioners 1 was a lad going 2 stops with an n bus. Jesus how much money are they losing on this route? And the cost of running an old decker must be quite expensive too. How long do you think itll last? The X31 had ten times as much custom asthis and got the chop

Bob

On the 1505 from wolves ( which was already late) the driver missed the turning for new cross hospital and then decoded to turn right further down the road and come back on himself narrowly missing getting hit by a car at the island, he was foreign,  but pleasant enough. The bus was ok S251 JUA, niceish interior but sounds shagged screeching brakes and the engine rattles like hell. 5 passengers in total incl me

Bob

Also none of the bells were working so people were ringing them like nutters and missing their stops! As happened to me as well lol

Westy

Must admit whenever I go to Wolves, I tend to turn up when an NX is in or due.

Haven't actually caught a 19 yet.

I live on the daytime 2 / 2a but I hardly catch it, unless I go to Cannock for some reason. (78 year old Mother uses it though!)

Most of the time I walk round to the NX on Bloxwich Road!

nitromatt1

Caught 4798 some time this early afternoon Wednesfield - Walsall and it was nearly full downstairs and reasonably busy upstairs too!

Also, the doors were making the funniest sound every time they opened/closed

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 15, 2013, 08:21:04 PM
Caught 4798 some time this early afternoon Wednesfield - Walsall and it was nearly full downstairs and reasonably busy upstairs too!

Also, the doors were making the funniest sound every time they opened/closed

Don't remind me about that sound! ;)

4798 wss very busy today all along the route Wolverhampton-Walsall

NXWM Spectra

2144 was on the 19 today. Very impressive compared to the MPDs.

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on July 02, 2013, 05:11:19 PM
2144 was on the 19 today. Very impressive compared to the MPDs.

Saw that this afternoon. First E200 on the 19 i think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk