News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

A-Line Coaches Coventry

Started by Tony, December 30, 2012, 07:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Wasn't the depot in Bedworth

ellspurs

Quote from: Solo1 on March 23, 2020, 07:57:50 PM
Wasn't the depot in Bedworth

I used to see them driving behind a building opposite The Blue Boar Inn on Mancetter Road, Mancetter.

Looking on Google now there's new houses on there so they must've moved out at least 10 years ago.

The time when I used to catch that 777 was around 2000-2001ish until Stagecoach took over the routes and introduced the 717 etc. (when Coleshill Parkway train station was getting ready to open)

Solo1

Thought it was park rd Bedworth where a line was

ellspurs

They may have ran out of Park Road as well, as they used to run the Tesco Bedworth free bus as well.

What I'm remembering them from is from the introduction of this service:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/A-Line-Travel-Airline-777-Atherstone-Birmingham-International-Airport-1999-/254195781651

That ran out of Mancetter, which after random Googling may have been an old "De Luxe" garage. Not 100% sure on that, though.

I did also look at their current website; not been updated since 2015!

Justin Tyme

Yes, A-Line Coaches Ltd did run out of Park Road, Bedworth - the one-time Vanguard Coaches base.  A-Line took over De Luxe of Mancetter, near Atherstone, in 1999 and used the garage there for around three years or so.

The original A-Line Coaches Ltd ceased trading in 2013, but a new company - A-Line Coaches Coventry Ltd - was formed.  It is this new company which has now been called for the PI, and it has only ever operated coaches.

ellspurs

Quote from: Justin Tyme on March 24, 2020, 06:03:24 PM
Yes, A-Line Coaches Ltd did run out of Park Road, Bedworth - the one-time Vanguard Coaches base.  A-Line took over De Luxe of Mancetter, near Atherstone, in 1999 and used the garage there for around three years or so.

The original A-Line Coaches Ltd ceased trading in 2013, but a new company - A-Line Coaches Coventry Ltd - was formed.  It is this new company which has now been called for the PI, and it has only ever operated coaches.

That's what happened! Thank you Justin, I knew I weren't going totally crazy.

Solo1

I was right then with the depot

Solo1

The pi that was in April is now 28 July  14.30 

Sandy Lane

Trident LK03 NKF in A-Line blue was parked at the front of thier yard today.

Lukeeee2018

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 14, 2021, 08:48:57 PM
Trident LK03 NKF in A-Line blue was parked at the front of thier yard today.

Got a quick phone shot of that one yesterday at 1700 passing Pool Meadow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk