News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlliwmai

Quote from: PB50 on February 07, 2024, 05:23:09 PMNice to see 5 street decks out in service in a day. Let's hope it lasts. I've noticed they are using most of them on the 51 service whilst the hydrogens are out of service.

Yes because the hydrogens are a waste of space what an incredible waste of money they were!, it's really no wonder Birmingham City Council declared themselves bankrupt! Because obviously they were the ones who funded (or at least part funded) them; should have just stuck with conventional diesel wouldn't be any problems then! 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 10, 2024, 04:14:39 PMYes because the hydrogens are a waste of space what an incredible waste of money they were!, it's really no wonder Birmingham City Council declared themselves bankrupt! Because obviously they were the ones who funded (or at least part funded) them; should have just stuck with conventional diesel wouldn't be any problems then!
How could NX have stuck with 'conventional diesel' when they'd already committed in 2019 not to buy any more diesel buses and be zero emission by 2030 ?

Mayfield

N.X. Should contact Birmingham council and say please come and remove these 20 unusable buses from our premises as we can't be expected to maintain a schedule when
These are unavailable the majority of the time and transfer 20 diesels from YW and send them 20 more electrics which in turn have been sitting around for weeks doing nothing.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Mayfield on February 10, 2024, 04:34:13 PMN.X. Should contact Birmingham council and say please come and remove these 20 unusable buses from our premises as we can't be expected to maintain a schedule when
These are unavailable the majority of the time and transfer 20 diesels from YW and send them 20 more electrics which in turn have been sitting around for weeks doing nothing.
If was that simple it would have already happened !

hlliwmai

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 10, 2024, 04:19:53 PMHow could NX have stuck with 'conventional diesel' when they'd already committed in 2019 not to buy any more diesel buses and be zero emission by 2030 ?

Well yes there is that BUT look at the amount of problems they are having with those hydrogens! and then there's the electric buses in Coventry a few drivers I know at Coventry are scared to drive them now following the electric bus fires in London of late it does make you think that maybe NX were a bit hasty to oust the diesel buses

Steve3229vp

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 10, 2024, 04:51:04 PMWell yes there is that BUT look at the amount of problems they are having with those hydrogens! and then there's the electric buses in Coventry a few drivers I know at Coventry are scared to drive them now following the electric bus fires in London of late it does make you think that maybe NX were a bit hasty to oust the diesel buses
First of all don't believe everything you here, secondly here is a quote from Tony:

3 fires in over a thousand vehicles in 10 years is not my definition of several, as a comparison Stagecoach Highlands had three diesel fires one year in a fleet of around 150. Last year NX had zero thermal incidents other than arson despite operating 163 electric vehicles

Westy

Can someone tell me why NX didn't wait until both sets of hydro refueling facilities were both available before putting any hydros into service?

At least if one set of facilities was out of action, there would've been a back up automatically.

Stu

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 10, 2024, 04:14:39 PMYes because the hydrogens are a waste of space what an incredible waste of money they were!, it's really no wonder Birmingham City Council declared themselves bankrupt! Because obviously they were the ones who funded (or at least part funded) them; should have just stuck with conventional diesel wouldn't be any problems then!
Birmingham City Council (BCC) bought those 20 hydrogen buses with funding that they were awarded from the government after applying for it.

The same funding was also used by BCC to contribute towards the building and development of the refuelling facility at Tyseley Energy Park, which would then be used to refuel their hydrogen buses.

This situation has no bearing on BCC's current financial woes.

As far as I am aware, BCC are still the owners of these vehicles, and I presume they have been provided to NX under some kind of lease/rental agreement.

Quote from: Westy on February 10, 2024, 05:43:53 PMCan someone tell me why NX didn't wait until both sets of hydro refueling facilities were both available before putting any hydros into service?

At least if one set of facilities was out of action, there would've been a back up automatically.
The refuelling facility was available at Tyseley when the hydrogen buses first entered service. Any subsequent issues with that facility is out of NX's hands.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on February 10, 2024, 06:09:11 PMBirmingham City Council (BCC) bought those 20 hydrogen buses with funding that they were awarded from the government after applying for it.
It seems a waste to fund 20 vehicles that can hardly ever be used. And when there's no idea when they will be able to return to service either it seems, not a good situation for nx.
They seem to have had issues since they first entered service over 2 years ago.

The electric vehicles in Coventry do seem to be performing a lot better than these.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Straightlines

Quote from: 2206 on February 10, 2024, 06:53:37 PMIt seems a waste to fund 20 vehicles that can hardly ever be used. And when there's no idea when they will be able to return to service either it seems, not a good situation for nx.
They seem to have had issues since they first entered service over 2 years ago.

The electric vehicles in Coventry do seem to be performing a lot better than these.
Yeah because the funding was designed with the intention they would hardly ever be used right?

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

No Platinums on the 51 today, unless some aren't tracking! Been a while since I've seen that.
5/51/X51/529

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on February 12, 2024, 09:58:35 AMNo Platinums on the 51 today, unless some aren't tracking! Been a while since I've seen that.
Half Term maybe a factor as more Buses Spare to use on the 51 or Plattys to use on other routes
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Wumpty

Sorry
Quote from: Westy on February 10, 2024, 03:50:03 PM@Wumpty - That's the wrong one!

Is there anyone on this site that has never come across WeTransfer before?

You also need access to a program like Winzip as well.

Mods - Is there a way of uploading a PDF like you do with an image, as I can't see an option otherwise.

I don't really want to use my own Google space unless there's no alternative.
@Westy - got this mixed up with the tweet about the 29. Sorry chap!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

just seen an article that Walsall garage has been purchased by WMCA , is this genuine or fake news reason i say that the article i saw was a screen shot could have doctored as they say
just been on WMCA website there is information regarding purchase by  the Investment board  many pdf files etc etc reagarding minutes of meetings etc

LD713821

Saw this too
Quote from: 2900 on February 15, 2024, 11:45:44 AMjust seen an article that Walsall garage has been purchased by WMCA , is this genuine or fake news reason i say that the article i saw was a screen shot could have doctored as they say
just been on WMCA website there is information regarding purchase by  the Investment board  many pdf files etc etc reagarding minutes of meetings etc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk