News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Jay71 on February 07, 2024, 04:10:07 PMIs Walsall garage currently short of buses?  Past few days I've single deckers on the 51/X51

Does anyone know how many buses they currently have off the road?
The fact the bus is running doesn't mean they are short of buses. With 20 double decks parked up for lack of fuel it's not really surprising other buses are having to cover

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2024, 06:25:47 PMThe fact the bus is running doesn't mean they are short of buses. With 20 double decks parked up for lack of fuel it's not really surprising other buses are having to cover
You know in terms of refuelling, does each bus have some sort of fuel card on board which when they refuel they use that to pay or something how does it work?

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 07, 2024, 06:42:11 PMYou know in terms of refuelling, does each bus have some sort of fuel card on board which when they refuel they use that to pay or something how does it work?
It is like an old fashioned not self service petrol station you will be too young to remember!

Bus drives up at the pump, member of staff comes out fills the bus up, typing in the bus registration to identify the vehicle being fuelled.

As soon as the bus if fuelled driver leaves.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2024, 07:00:05 PMIt is like an old fashioned not self service petrol station you will be too young to remember!

Bus drives up at the pump, member of staff comes out fills the bus up, typing in the bus registration to identify the vehicle being fuelled.

As soon as the bus if fuelled driver leaves.
Ah I see, is it similar to the attended service I see some petrol stations around Lincoln area have them. 

MW

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 07, 2024, 08:21:35 PMAh I see, is it similar to the attended service I see some petrol stations around Lincoln area have them.

There's one on Billesley Lane, in Moseley. 

Bob

Quote from: Jay71 on February 07, 2024, 05:19:26 PMAA streetdeck was on the 51 this afternoon
And on X51 yesterday

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 07, 2024, 05:12:19 PMYes Tony has said this there a lot more single deckers than Double Deckers at WA. The Hydrogens are out service but they do have 3 buses on loan of which 2 are Euro 6 I think 5408 might be to the other two being 4752 and 6108 they have also got 4770 permanently so that's 3 Double deckers. There will be a Double Decker probably coming off a school route or local route after doing a school route that will probably be put on the 51 and X51 ie a Platty, E400, 4125 or a StreetDeck.
Is the 881 to Barr Beacon shared with WA and WB?
5/51/X51/529

Mayfield

Must be a nightmare for the scheduling when 20 of your buses are not available and once they are available you then don't know how long for.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on February 08, 2024, 07:07:25 AMIs the 881 to Barr Beacon shared with WA and WB?
Yes it is the 881 is worked by WA in the Afternoon the Buses so for example I think 4868 and another Double Decker then go onto to do trips on the 34 and 37. They do the 34 and 37 to Bilston and Willenhall and then return to Walsall. I think one if not both may go onto another route afterwards. I think the other bus may have been 4736 which did the morning WA 701 then a 34 from Darlaston to Walsall, then Walsall to Bilston then Bilston to Walsall 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on January 07, 2024, 07:31:27 PMMany of the Track routes that did short routes displayed Circular via xxxxx to save constant blind changes. Only the TRUE circulars displayed the Circular via, then Beechdale & Mossley or, further back, via Beechdale and Dudleys Fields.
In all fairness, the 70A is only a short route that happens to call via Reedswood Retail Park (though I'd display it as Sainsbury's Reedswood). It doesn't really warrant a full reprogramme.
I'd really love to see that blind list @Westy !!!!
https://we.tl/t-arbG92kX4s

Had to sort out a proper scanner! @Wumpty 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Westy on February 10, 2024, 12:59:56 PMhttps://we.tl/t-arbG92kX4s

Had to sort out a proper scanner! @Wumpty
Unable to access the link, can you show in a different way please?

markcf83

Quote from: Mayfield on February 08, 2024, 07:16:43 AMMust be a nightmare for the scheduling when 20 of your buses are not available.
During holiday periods you can negate it as a result of no schoolbuses running.  
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Westy

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 10, 2024, 01:57:32 PMUnable to access the link, can you show in a different way please?
Did you click the link?

If you keep clicking, you eventually come to a download link.

Wumpty

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 10, 2024, 01:57:32 PMUnable to access the link, can you show in a different way please?

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

@Wumpty - That's the wrong one!

Is there anyone on this site that has never come across WeTransfer before?

You also need access to a program like Winzip as well.

Mods - Is there a way of uploading a PDF like you do with an image, as I can't see an option otherwise.

I don't really want to use my own Google space unless there's no alternative.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk