News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakemat10

So when are the enviros coming off fleet and what does there future hold as I've heard they are euro 6 so can't see them being scrapped?

Jakemat10

Also does anyone know where the buses De-Luxe purchased haven't heard of them being in service or sold on since De-Luxe 
Think they were 
30878-9

Simon Dunn

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 17, 2024, 03:39:41 PMGood Afternoon Simon. Just to say that the 2 minibuses on the Bromsgrove on demand services today were both showing appropriate information in the destination displays. Thank you for this and your continuing input to the forum. Andrew.
Thank you

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on January 18, 2024, 03:35:45 PM21237 LL69PGK just went down Willenhall Street on the 15:20 310 to Wednesbury as opposed to St Lawrence Way unless there was a diversion but St Lawrence Way looked normal to me. St Lawrence Way was normal unless the driver was late and didn't fancy sitting in school traffic. The driver carried on the normal route for the rest of the journeys.
Thank you.  I will get this looked into today.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on January 18, 2024, 03:57:52 PMHi

20741 unable to display a front destination display.

Thank you - I will get this looked into.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on January 18, 2024, 11:37:05 PMSo when are the enviros coming off fleet and what does there future hold as I've heard they are euro 6 so can't see them being scrapped?
Which Enviro's are you referring to?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on January 18, 2024, 11:39:46 PMAlso does anyone know where the buses De-Luxe purchased haven't heard of them being in service or sold on since De-Luxe
Think they were
30878-9
I cannot comment.  I sold the vehicles, I am not sure what has happened since.

Jakemat10

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on January 19, 2024, 07:43:34 AMThe Ex little gem ones.
As the new vehicles are delivered into Manchester we are removing buses and redeploying.  Some have gone back to Preston, some have come to Tividale and some are going to Burton tomorrow.

As this happens, we will assess the remaining fleet in those depots.  If we have major unit failures or issues with vehicles which are persistent most of the time - the cost of the repairs outweigh the value of the asset and hence we stop spending money and scrap the vehicles.

This isn't directly answering your question.  So it depends really, if the vehicles are problematic they will be removed and scrapped - if they aren't they will continue to be used.

Simon

Jay71

More dire service last night on service 42. 32225 was due to leave at 2010, ended up leaving at 2028. Arrived at my destination at 2051, twenty seven mins late.  For some parts of last night the service was running almost one hour late. 
I'd also like to thank your inspector for giving me misleading info. I was a week ago that this service would be having a change of driver. No sign of that yet

hlliwmai

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 20, 2024, 09:42:29 AMAs the new vehicles are delivered into Manchester we are removing buses and redeploying.  Some have gone back to Preston, some have come to Tividale and some are going to Burton tomorrow.

As this happens, we will assess the remaining fleet in those depots.  If we have major unit failures or issues with vehicles which are persistent most of the time - the cost of the repairs outweigh the value of the asset and hence we stop spending money and scrap the vehicles.

This isn't directly answering your question.  So it depends really, if the vehicles are problematic they will be removed and scrapped - if they aren't they will continue to be used.

Simon

could 30826 and 30827 be transferred to Kidderminster? As I know that 30821; 30823 and 30825 are already at Kidderminster depot; I do believe those Royale Volvo's have plenty of life left in them yet; have you never thought of having those Royales retrofitted to Euro 6 to keep them going they are good buses I do like travelling on them wherever I can 

Wba_lad

32234, on the 45 service this evening, bus kept beeping as to say a issue, driver did a reset had no luck, the driver then tried a full hard reset and bus still kept beeping not too sure what was wrong with it.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on January 20, 2024, 10:00:56 AMMore dire service last night on service 42. 32225 was due to leave at 2010, ended up leaving at 2028. Arrived at my destination at 2051, twenty seven mins late.  For some parts of last night the service was running almost one hour late.
I'd also like to thank your inspector for giving me misleading info. I was a week ago that this service would be having a change of driver. No sign of that yet
Jay,

I am aware, that a new license holder was placed on this service.  I know that some work has been done to work with him, to try and improve his on time performance and I was advised to protect the service he would be deployed elsewhere until his skill had developed.

I will look into what has happened here.  This could be connected to the roadworks in the area.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 20, 2024, 03:04:19 PMcould 30826 and 30827 be transferred to Kidderminster? As I know that 30821; 30823 and 30825 are already at Kidderminster depot; I do believe those Royale Volvo's have plenty of life left in them yet; have you never thought of having those Royales retrofitted to Euro 6 to keep them going they are good buses I do like travelling on them wherever I can
The vehicles had a grant to retrofit to Euro 6.  For the time being this has been caused by TfWM (as there is a wider issues) around the effectiveness of retrofits.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 20, 2024, 09:01:32 PM32234, on the 45 service this evening, bus kept beeping as to say a issue, driver did a reset had no luck, the driver then tried a full hard reset and bus still kept beeping not too sure what was wrong with it.
Thank you.  I will pick it up with engineering.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk