News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Hi Simon,

Please could you advise what vehicles are due for withdrawal soon?
How long do the 09 plate royals have left?

Simonm

Hi Simon

Do you know if Preston Bus will be getting any new vehicles in 2024? Thanks

Cody.Lewis1

Hi Simon,

Id like to make you aware of an account on social media, Tiktok to be specific, Who has items of uniform, stands at the front of the bus, which is HIGHLY dangerous and not allowed.

The username is "ceo_ofoptaremetrocity" if you would like to take a look yourself.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on December 29, 2023, 04:49:53 PMHi Simon, could you confirm if new E200 YX73PLN at Bolton is in fact numbered 20625 which it's tracking as. I would have thought it would be 20604 if the registrations are going to be chronological which they seem to be. Seems odd that a vehicle from the end of the batch has been delivered with the first.
Many thanks
This vehicle is 20625.  20604 was previously used by another vehicle.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 29, 2023, 07:34:20 PMHi Simon,

Please could you advise what vehicles are due for withdrawal soon?
How long do the 09 plate royals have left?
we will assess this, as fleet exit from Manchester.  We are going to remove 40631/2/3.   I expect in the West Midlands we will withdraw some of the older Volvo's and the fleet we acquired for temporary operation from Goodwins.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cody.Lewis1 on December 31, 2023, 01:11:30 AMHi Simon,

Id like to make you aware of an account on social media, Tiktok to be specific, Who has items of uniform, stands at the front of the bus, which is HIGHLY dangerous and not allowed.

The username is "ceo_ofoptaremetrocity" if you would like to take a look yourself.

I am struggling to find the video you are referring to.  Which one is it?

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 02, 2024, 07:08:01 AMThis vehicle is 20625.  20604 was previously used by another vehicle.
Thanks Simon, I thought the midi batch were going to be numbered 20600-24. Has another been added to the order now?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on January 02, 2024, 09:54:52 AMThanks Simon, I thought the midi batch were going to be numbered 20600-24. Has another been added to the order now?
No - we couldn't have 20604 because of clashes.

hlliwmai

Hi Simon,

Would you be able to clarify at all, if there are any plans for Rotala to be purchasing Chaserider and Select Bus Services, as there are rumours floating around that this is the case.

I totally understand if you cannot confirm anything due to commercially sensitive information. 

I believe it would be an interesting acquisition if Rotala did purchase these companies, as in my opinion Rotala would have a bigger presence in Staffordshire than it does currently. 

Thanks. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 02, 2024, 11:50:25 PMHi Simon,

Would you be able to clarify at all, if there are any plans for Rotala to be purchasing Chaserider and Select Bus Services, as there are rumours floating around that this is the case.

I totally understand if you cannot confirm anything due to commercially sensitive information.

I believe it would be an interesting acquisition if Rotala did purchase these companies, as in my opinion Rotala would have a bigger presence in Staffordshire than it does currently.

Thanks.
Rotala Plc has a shareholder vote on 04/01/24.  This shareholder vote will determine the next steps for the whole business.   In advance of that vote a circular was written, and the future prospects are described in that circular.  If you want to read this circular a copy is available on the PLC website.   

You will not see any mention within that document of any discussions on business acquisitions or any material new business.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 03, 2024, 06:50:51 AMRotala Plc has a shareholder vote on 04/01/24.  This shareholder vote will determine the next steps for the whole business.  In advance of that vote a circular was written, and the future prospects are described in that circular.  If you want to read this circular a copy is available on the PLC website. 

You will not see any mention within that document of any discussions on business acquisitions or any material new business.

So, I assume this means nothing is ruled out, obviously as I said above I understand you can't comment on whether conversations have taken place with each company, but I am really intrigued to know, I guess it is a case of "wait & see"

@hlliwmai - No, that statement means that there are no discussions on business acquisitions taking place, the only acquisition is The Dunn's & Rotala's Chairman taking the Group private. Once private, Rotala then cannot acquire any new businesses for a period of 12 months that wasn't disclosed to shareholders in the Circular. Winston

Jay71

More dire service tonight on route 42. Fleet no 30527 was due to leave Robert Rd at 2042, ended up leaving at 2100

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 03, 2024, 12:42:49 PMSo, I assume this means nothing is ruled out, obviously as I said above I understand you can't comment on whether conversations have taken place with each company, but I am really intrigued to know, I guess it is a case of "wait & see"

@hlliwmai - No, that statement means that there are no discussions on business acquisitions taking place, the only acquisition is The Dunn's & Rotala's Chairman taking the Group private. Once private, Rotala then cannot acquire any new businesses for a period of 12 months that wasn't disclosed to shareholders in the Circular. Winston
Winston - Correct

twbc99

Hi Simon,

Burton's 31432 was on the 70/70a with no destination today but at least it did have a paper number.

There is also rumor that the Scania Solar's are to be replaced at Burton possibly with vehicles freed up by the E200 MMC's at Bolton. Are you able to confirm?

Thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: twbc99 on January 05, 2024, 08:51:35 PMHi Simon,

Burton's 31432 was on the 70/70a with no destination today but at least it did have a paper number.

There is also rumor that the Scania Solar's are to be replaced at Burton possibly with vehicles freed up by the E200 MMC's at Bolton. Are you able to confirm?

Thanks
This shouldn't be happening, I will take it up with the depot now.

In terms of movement of fleet.  There are going to be a lot of vehicles come out of Manchester.  We have not yet decided where they will go.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk