News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx1103

From 05 November 

77S to Walsall Garage EX PB
9A PM peak operated by Wolverhampton morning still WA

hlliwmai

I've heard rumours that NX are rumoured to be scrapping the 8 to Lichfield, does anyone know if there is any truth to these rumours? I do hope that this isn't the case as I do like the route 

@Tony would you be able to clarify? 

PB50

I've just seen a street deck coming down the Sutton Rd. Didn't catch the number but it might have been 3303.

Westy

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 16, 2023, 10:35:06 PMI've heard rumours that NX are rumoured to be scrapping the 8 to Lichfield, does anyone know if there is any truth to these rumours? I do hope that this isn't the case as I do like the route

@Tony would you be able to clarify?
Probably not connected, but the Christmas schedules are starting to come out & Boxing Day, the 8 is scheduled Walsall to Brownhills only!

(Obviously McArthur Glen is important, as there appears to be no similar issue for the X51?)

windy miller

Anyone who may be looking for the WM Walsall bus garage on google maps
  would appear to be unlucky... as the maps image gives you a pic of a bus stop   ??
    there is no image of a garage entrance or bus?? is this a deliberate ploy to deter vandals?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on December 04, 2023, 05:42:12 PMAnyone who may be looking for the WM Walsall bus garage on google maps
  would appear to be unlucky... as the maps image gives you a pic of a bus stop  ??
    there is no image of a garage entrance or bus?? is this a deliberate ploy to deter vandals?
Here's the bus entrance
Walsall, England - Google Maps

Here's the entrance to the offices
Walsall, England - Google Maps

Rachvince53

Quote from: windy miller on December 04, 2023, 05:42:12 PMAnyone who may be looking for the WM Walsall bus garage on google maps
  would appear to be unlucky... as the maps image gives you a pic of a bus stop  ??
It's possible you chose the bus stop on Bloxwich Road, outside the former maintenance building, which I believe still goes by the name bus depot.

broma1k

Try 'National Express West Midlands Walsall'

Jack

@Jay71, Omnilinks and B7's are common the Birmingham services as they have never got enough Deckers!

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Have Walsall removed Lochranza Croft and Arran Close as stops for the 51? I was on it yesterday and the NSA went straight from Scott Road to Chapel Lane.
5/51/X51/529

Wba_lad

Why does the 70A display like 70A beechdale with no via on underneath the destination, its displayed as a short journey would. 

Westy

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 05, 2024, 12:51:54 PMWhy does the 70A display like 70A beechdale with no via on underneath the destination, its displayed as a short journey would.
It could display 'Via Reedswood Retail Park' if they wanted to, but they'd have to alter the 70's displays to match!

Back in the Pte days, it used to operate Stephenson Avenue both ways & turn at a turning circle where the Magic Lantern is. It was the 335 then & the 33 before then.

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on January 05, 2024, 01:12:50 PMIt could display 'Via Reedswood Retail Park' if they wanted to, but they'd have to alter the 70's displays to match!

Back in the Pte days, it used to operate Stephenson Avenue both ways & turn at a turning circle where the Magic Lantern is. It was the 335 then & the 33 before then.

Didn't the blinds back then just say "CIRCULAR VIA BEECHDALE"?

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on January 05, 2024, 01:37:24 PMDidn't the blinds back then just say "CIRCULAR VIA BEECHDALE"?
It would've done (I think?) if it had been a 333 operating the full circular via Beechdale & Dudleys Fields, in fact would've mentioned both on the blind!

What I'll do later, I'll repost the 1981 blind list I have, when 119L was being discussed ages ago, unless anyone who downloaded it ages ago still has it to hand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk