News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

543 and 630 won't be on the road for a little bit. 543 engine is knackered and 630 is awaiting a engine repair

hlliwmai

Solo 162 has apparently been withdrawn it has been having issues constantly losing air they have tried to fix it numerous times but the issue keeps occurung so it's been decided that it is to be withdrawn 

51 also withdrawn due to a very serious RTC

Route News - Chaserider have acquired the 31 & 32 (Lichfield Circular) off diamond. Plus a random 830 to Hill Ridware

They're starting 8th January

Solo1

Wonder if 31 /32 will link up with 60 for driver change 

Westy

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on December 20, 2023, 11:28:58 PMRoute News - Chaserider have acquired the 31 & 32 (Lichfield Circular) off diamond. Plus a random 830 to Hill Ridware

I did notice on the Diamond site that they'd split off the 31/32 from its Burton interworkings recently.

I suppose any of the companies operating into Lichfield could've done it by interworking with an existing service, even Nx could've done it off either the 8 or X3 if they'd wanted to!

metrocity

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on December 20, 2023, 11:28:58 PMRoute News - Chaserider have acquired the 31 & 32 (Lichfield Circular) off diamond. Plus a random 830 to Hill Ridware

Chaserider are operating peak time journeys only according to Staffordshire County Council. Diamond will continue operating during the daytime.

Westy

Quote from: metrocity on December 21, 2023, 10:28:40 AMChaserider are operating peak time journeys only according to Staffordshire County Council. Diamond will continue operating during the daytime.
Now people were saying on the Diamond East Mids Facebook page, why have you got rid of the other journeys?

Surely Diamond could have said the journeys had transferred to another operator, or if they didn't know, say to contact Staffordshire County Council.

I can understand from a commercial point of view, if Diamond were running similar journeys at the same time, but not when it's a tendered service.

Thought we put all that lack of information issue behind us years ago?  

I remember coming across a post 1986 branded WM (PTE) timetable for the Aldridge to Brum corridor once in Walsall library.

Didn't know there was such a thing, along with catching a Chase bus once & finding their timetables on board!

twbc99

Quote from: Westy on December 21, 2023, 11:41:45 AMSurely Diamond could have said the journeys had transferred to another operator, or if they didn't know, say to contact Staffordshire County Council.
I think they did the same when the lost the 406 back in September.

IMarkeh

Quote from: Westy on December 21, 2023, 11:41:45 AMSurely Diamond could have said the journeys had transferred to another operator, or if they didn't know, say to contact Staffordshire County Council.
Because that requires someone to care about passengers and also be competent. Something seriously lacking at Diamond Midlands.

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on December 20, 2023, 09:22:12 PM51 also withdrawn due to a very serious RTC
That was the day 2 no 70s had accidents i think

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

markcf83

Quote from: Stu on December 22, 2023, 06:59:31 PMhttps://x.com/ChaseriderBus/status/1738203349881639024

Unless those buses break down? :azn:
One would hope they've got plans to allocate newish buses on those specific trips.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

hlliwmai

Quote from: markcf83 on December 22, 2023, 07:35:26 PMOne would hope they've got plans to allocate newish buses on those specific trips.

They are 639 will be the bus in use on these routes tomorrow, so for all those armchair vegetables looking on bus times you will see that bus tracking on all the above journeys and times! 

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on December 19, 2023, 11:39:28 PM543 and 630 won't be on the road for a little bit. 543 engine is knackered and 630 is awaiting a engine repair
Engine gone already on 543 blimey its not even 12 month old yet  :sad:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk