News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on December 05, 2023, 02:36:25 PM30525 has got some red plastic missing from the left hand lights
I have referred to our Engineering Manager and asked him to make sure this is resolved tonight.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on December 01, 2023, 09:50:05 PMHi Simon, how quickly will the South East Head of Commercial look into this? We are now nearly 3 weeks in and data has not had an update.

I am really starting to believe that Rotala does not take its legal responsibilities seriously and as such continues to be in contravention of the law regarding BODS in a number of the operations. Despite constant reassurances from yourself that something will be done, the issues are rarely resolved.
I always try to respectful to everyone.  Please provide a link to what legal obligations you feel we are failing.

Jay71

Today ..arrived at WB @0957. 40835 was the 1002 16a to. One bus left at 1006 with NIS on the front. Was this 40835?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on December 07, 2023, 10:28:21 AMToday ..arrived at WB @0957. 40835 was the 1002 16a to. One bus left at 1006 with NIS on the front. Was this 40835?
40835 was 1002.   I have asked our Operations Manager to interview the driver before he departs the depot again.

Simon

Wba_lad

When diamond north west receives their delivery off E200 MMCs for the bee network what will happen to the buses will any come down to the West Midlands, also will 32260 and 32261 come back to tividale. 

Jay71

091223- the 2030 & 2100 16a services from BCC- WB failed to show up. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 09, 2023, 08:43:46 PMWhen diamond north west receives their delivery off E200 MMCs for the bee network what will happen to the buses will any come down to the West Midlands, also will 32260 and 32261 come back to tividale.
The E200's should start and arrive next week.

All the "Hoppa" Buses spread across the fleet will go to Heathrow.  

The ex Manchester 16 plate Streetlites will go to Preston.  I expect 32260/61 will go back to the West Midlands together with a number of other vehicles.

Simon 

Cody.Lewis1

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 12, 2023, 08:21:43 AMThe E200's should start and arrive next week.

All the "Hoppa" Buses spread across the fleet will go to Heathrow. 

The ex Manchester 16 plate Streetlites will go to Preston.  I expect 32260/61 will go back to the West Midlands together with a number of other vehicles.

Simon
Hi Simon, Do you know what is happening with the 4 "BX70" Batch that are at bolton?

Thankyou

Jay71

Tonight. Service 26a was due to leave stand B @2051. For some reason the driver left from stand A @2050

Davismt2000

Hi Simon,

Would it not be possible to use something other than vehicle 20178 on the Stourbridge 88 route, understanding the constraints with vehicle length and prescribed number of seats. It is very sad seeing many of the elderly passengers having to struggle up to the raised section of the vehicle due to the extremely low number of level access seats as a result of having all of the luggage racking present within the vehicle. As I'm sure you know, this route has an extremely high proportion of elderly and vulnerable passengers and I believe it is only a matter of time before somebody has a fall through having to climb up to the raised section of the vehicle to get a seat.

Hope you can help - cheers.

Rachvince53

Hi Simon

Why does your timetable for service 26A (Wolverhampton to Stowlawn) state it departs from Stand L in Wolverhampton? Service 26A has departed from Stand A for at least five years. 
Thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cody.Lewis1 on December 13, 2023, 10:34:06 AMHi Simon, Do you know what is happening with the 4 "BX70" Batch that are at bolton?

Thankyou
When the new buses arrive into Bolton they will go to Heathrow.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on December 13, 2023, 08:53:20 PMTonight. Service 26a was due to leave stand B @2051. For some reason the driver left from stand A @2050
We have checked the Ticket Machine data.  

There was a pass recorded in the bus station boarding the vehicle at 2051 hrs.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 14, 2023, 11:45:25 AMHi Simon

Why does your timetable for service 26A (Wolverhampton to Stowlawn) state it departs from Stand L in Wolverhampton? Service 26A has departed from Stand A for at least five years.
Thanks
We are going to correct.

Thank you

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Davismt2000 on December 14, 2023, 08:50:53 AMHi Simon,

Would it not be possible to use something other than vehicle 20178 on the Stourbridge 88 route, understanding the constraints with vehicle length and prescribed number of seats. It is very sad seeing many of the elderly passengers having to struggle up to the raised section of the vehicle due to the extremely low number of level access seats as a result of having all of the luggage racking present within the vehicle. As I'm sure you know, this route has an extremely high proportion of elderly and vulnerable passengers and I believe it is only a matter of time before somebody has a fall through having to climb up to the raised section of the vehicle to get a seat.

Hope you can help - cheers.
I have exchanged emails with our Kidderminster Operations Manager.  His comments are as follows;

With the service going down Stourbridge High Street and serving very tight road around Love Lane area longer E6 buses we have can make it tight and puts a higher risk of accidents.

The two regular drivers on there also comment on how the parking can be around Beach Road with builders and work men working on a house.

Based upon this it is difficult to wrong longer vehicles, and the features you talk about are a reflection on short Optare Solo's

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk