News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danthebusman

Nearly a year later and a couple drivers still forgetting the 9 inter works with the 17s on Sundays. Here's E065 running a 9 instead of the 10:00 17 as it was meant to.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tcvw-e065#journeys/504943255

JPC

Quote from: Danthebusman on November 19, 2023, 10:10:23 AMNearly a year later and a couple drivers still forgetting the 9 inter works with the 17s on Sundays. Here's E065 running a 9 instead of the 10:00 17 as it was meant to.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tcvw-e065#journeys/504943255

I take it this a case of 'driver in autopilot mode' instead of correctly following the instruction on the running board / ticket machine, though I guess it doesn't help when the bustimes and presumably ticket machine? data says the 17 or 17A goes "to Finham".

Danthebusman

Quote from: JPC on November 19, 2023, 11:53:04 AMI take it this a case of 'driver in autopilot mode' instead of correctly following the instruction on the running board / ticket machine, though I guess it doesn't help when the bustimes and presumably ticket machine? data says the 17 or 17A goes "to Finham".
What probably also doesn't help is the first timing point is the same as the 9 being Burns Road, I don't know if the drivers board states all the stops they stop at on a trip or just timing points, but I would hazard a guess that it's just timing points.

Coventrybususer95

E34 and 10 others are getting an all over add applied to them 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on December 08, 2023, 11:17:51 AME34 and 10 others are getting an all over add applied to them
9 others

Coventrybususer95

It seems the x30 has been cancelled from the 4th of January according to the government website 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on December 08, 2023, 04:21:43 PMIt seems the x30 has been cancelled from the 4th of January according to the government website
It gets 'cancelled' every time the contract comes up for renewal.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JPC

Quote from: Stu on December 08, 2023, 05:54:06 PMIt gets 'cancelled' every time the contract comes up for renewal.

Yes, It seem NXC keeps agreeing to short term extensions with all operators not willing to bid.
Is there implications or reluctance from other operators in regard to ticketing with Ansty Park apparently being outside the nBus, Network and PlusBus zones?.
Stagecoach could cover the route by extending the X17 from the City to Ansty Park which may reduce the overall mileage and be more reliable.

D10

Quote from: JPC on December 08, 2023, 06:44:24 PMYes, It seem NXC keeps agreeing to short term extensions with all operators not willing to bid.
Is there implications or reluctance from other operators in regard to ticketing with Ansty Park apparently being outside the nBus, Network and PlusBus zones?.
Stagecoach could cover the route by extending the X17 from the City to Ansty Park which may reduce the overall mileage and be more reliable.
There's no bidding as such like a Tender as it's a private contract issued by Ansty Park themselves.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on December 08, 2023, 06:44:24 PMYes, It seem NXC keeps agreeing to short term extensions with all operators not willing to bid.
Diamond used to run the X30 at the original 1/2 hr frequency and really struggled to keep the timings due to traffic in the peaks. Didn't TfWM then accept that timetable adjustment had to happen. Then NXC took over the route and even today NXC gets caught up in traffic.

If the X17 gets dragged in to this won't there then be lots of late running to Leamington?

What about trying re-routing to miss some of the traffic jams? Maybe something like = Ansty Park, A46, Clifford Bridge Road, Binley Road, Allard Way, London Road, Ring Road, Railway Station, New Union Street (becomes the only city centre stop), then back onto Ring Road and back on same route to return to Ansty Park.

Someone else can probably come up with a better route than me?

It would be good if a 30 min clock face timetable could be brought back and that the operator is given a better chance to be able to run to timings. I feel TfWM are asking too much from the operators with just 2 buses.

Anyone else agree or have I got it all wrong?

Would it make sense for something that serves that side of Coventry to serve it rather than the X17. An extension to some number 8 journeys maybe?
Or if its not that well used could it be scrapped completely?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

QuoteWould it make sense for something that serves that side of Coventry to serve it rather than the X17. An extension to some number 8 journeys maybe?
Or maybe 7 journeys to ansty park at a hourly frequency, while the rest staying the bell green journey.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

JPC

Quote from: 2206 on December 08, 2023, 11:27:47 PMWould it make sense for something that serves that side of Coventry to serve it rather than the X17. An extension to some number 8 journeys maybe?
Maintaining the direct link to Coventry Rail Station at a 30 min frequency would be the point of the X17 extension, extending the 8 was thought about on a previous occasion but it's really down to whatever the contract specification is - that is if it's going to continue.

windy miller

How can I find the diagram for E127 ???    Is there something wrong with the machine?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: windy miller on December 20, 2023, 12:33:47 AMHow can I find the diagram for E127 ???    Is there something wrong with the machine?
It's one of 2 that don't seem to track on bus times the other being E143

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk