News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on November 10, 2023, 09:54:40 AMHi Simon,
I just wanted to check where you are upto on resolving the issues with your West Midlands open data?

Since previously, I have noticed issues with your South East division datasets as Hoppa services do not have the correct pick up/set down restrictions for Raddison and also for any 'set down only' trips, these aren't being shown.
Route 459 links to Heathrow T5 train station
Route 555 has the wrong stops in both directions at Hatton Cross. Wrong stop at T4 for heading towards Heathrow Central. Since the commencement of the new timetable, no longer shows as arriving at Heathrow Central (last stop Sipson Nene Road)
556 has wrong stops in both directions at Hatton Cross and wrong stop at T4 towards Heathrow Central.
H30 has wrong stops at T4 and T5.
N30 has some strange goings on in T5. Wrong stops at Hatton Cross and T4
RHU now shows as not for public use
Bedfont Lakes services no longer show on open data (intentional?)

I have spoken to the South East Head of Commercial.  We accept this needs some work and we will to look to resolve this quickly.

Simon

MX05WHR-Enjoyer

Does anyone know why i saw BU14 SZF at bidford on avon high street this morning. I cant think of a route it would have been on as 247 and 247s both had double decker gemini's. It wasnt tracking on bustimes or any bus tracker either.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: MX05WHR-Enjoyer on November 14, 2023, 05:25:18 PMDoes anyone know why i saw BU14 SZF at bidford on avon high street this morning. I cant think of a route it would have been on as 247 and 247s both had double decker gemini's. It wasnt tracking on bustimes or any bus tracker either.

They were undertaking some out of service route learning.

Jay71

Had another half driver on the 50 this morning at about 1115. Arrived at stop. Bus was on the stand with the words Not In Service. No driver on bus. She gets on at 1118. Drives away with NIS on the front. By the time she has reached the next stop she's changed the destination to Maypole.  Shouldn't this have been changed before leaving the first stop?   Fleet no 40837

Next Diamond service arrived two mins later. Unloaded & drove away without bothering to pick anybody up

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on November 23, 2023, 11:57:16 AMHad another half driver on the 50 this morning at about 1115. Arrived at stop. Bus was on the stand with the words Not In Service. No driver on bus. She gets on at 1118. Drives away with NIS on the front. By the time she has reached the next stop she's changed the destination to Maypole.  Shouldn't this have been changed before leaving the first stop?  Fleet no 40837

Next Diamond service arrived two mins later. Unloaded & drove away without bothering to pick anybody up
Thank you for your message.

I have spoken to the Operations Manager this morning.  He believes he is aware of which two drivers you are referring to.  The incident will be investigated.

Simon

Jay71

28/12/23
The stop bell seemed to be ringing  by itself for the whole journey.  No numbers displayed on the back of the bus.  Front of the bus displayed 42e Great Bridge.  Driver said that he couldn't get it to change

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on November 28, 2023, 08:48:02 PM28/12/23
The stop bell seemed to be ringing  by itself for the whole journey.  No numbers displayed on the back of the bus.  Front of the bus displayed 42e Great Bridge.  Driver said that he couldn't get it to change
Thank you.  I will get this actioned.

Steve3229vp

Hi Simon, could you please tell me why 40841 on the 50 service to Mayole did not serve the Selfridges stop or the stop after it. He drove past the first stop, I ran to the second stop opposite the Bull Ring and he drove past that one as well and pointed to the NX bus at the stop, totally unacceptable. He wasn't even late !

Wba_lad

30713 is a very cold bus when I was on it this morning I could physically see my breath on it, all windows was closed was not nice.

32326 the lights inside the saloon flicker really bad, this is dangerous incase a epileptic person is on the bus it could potentially send them into a seizure.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Steve3229vp on November 30, 2023, 07:58:13 AMHi Simon, could you please tell me why 40841 on the 50 service to Mayole did not serve the Selfridges stop or the stop after it. He drove past the first stop, I ran to the second stop opposite the Bull Ring and he drove past that one as well and pointed to the NX bus at the stop, totally unacceptable. He wasn't even late !
Thank you.  We will pull the CCTV and review the incident.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Wba_lad on November 30, 2023, 10:36:47 PM30713 is a very cold bus when I was on it this morning I could physically see my breath on it, all windows was closed was not nice.

32326 the lights inside the saloon flicker really bad, this is dangerous incase a epileptic person is on the bus it could potentially send them into a seizure.

Thank you.  I have forwarded your comments to our Tividale Engineering Manager.  I await his comments, but either way I will make sure these are acted upon.

IMarkeh

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 13, 2023, 08:56:16 PMI have spoken to the South East Head of Commercial.  We accept this needs some work and we will to look to resolve this quickly.

Simon
Hi Simon, how quickly will the South East Head of Commercial look into this? We are now nearly 3 weeks in and data has not had an update. 

I am really starting to believe that Rotala does not take its legal responsibilities seriously and as such continues to be in contravention of the law regarding BODS in a number of the operations. Despite constant reassurances from yourself that something will be done, the issues are rarely resolved.

Jay71

This morning the 0812  16a from WB/BCC failed to appear. Any idea why?

Jay71

30525 has got some red plastic missing from the left hand lights

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on December 02, 2023, 01:30:03 PMThis morning the 0812  16a from WB/BCC failed to appear. Any idea why?
We had problem with air systems freezing up on buses overnight, this caused this journey to operate late from the depot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk