News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on September 09, 2023, 07:47:59 AMhave the 2 versa's at tamworth been withdrawn as not tracked from early august & 37000 when will that entrer service as last tracked may thank you 
30969 is still in service

hlliwmai

hlliwmai

IMarkeh

Dear Simon,
I ask when is the Rotala group going to take bus open data seriously? Numerous failings have been highlighted in this thread and yet for some unbeknown reason, they are rarely fixed and more and more issues keep coming up. As a group, you must surely see the benefits of giving passengers the correct information so that they can make their journeys. More passengers means more revenue and higher profits, is that not your goal? Given the potential punishment for not complying with bus open data and giving correct information can lead to action taken against your operators licence, it seems that even the risk of losing ops discs is not enough for you to properly comply.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on September 12, 2023, 01:35:55 PMDear Simon,
I ask when is the Rotala group going to take bus open data seriously? Numerous failings have been highlighted in this thread and yet for some unbeknown reason, they are rarely fixed and more and more issues keep coming up. As a group, you must surely see the benefits of giving passengers the correct information so that they can make their journeys. More passengers means more revenue and higher profits, is that not your goal? Given the potential punishment for not complying with bus open data and giving correct information can lead to action taken against your operators licence, it seems that even the risk of losing ops discs is not enough for you to properly comply.
I note your comments and agree accurate data is important.  We have ongoing issues and engagement with Ticketer/ BODS,.  Most these problems require developer engagement which we are working with.

IMarkeh

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 13, 2023, 09:07:37 AMI note your comments and agree accurate data is important.  We have ongoing issues and engagement with Ticketer/ BODS,.  Most these problems require developer engagement which we are working with.
Given the specific problems that are being experienced are pretty exclusive to Diamond Midlands and South East and given the issues only seem to exist on some routes, it seems strange that the issues need more engagement from developers.

I hope that the issues get resolved quickly as these data issues have gone on for far too long and I know that I, as well as many others, can't plan journeys as the data is too much of a mess and Bushubs website platform is absolutely awful.

Westy

What are the plans for long term replacement of the Solos, as I know to at least 2 breakdowns recently when waiting for a 326, in fact the one vehicle I spotted today was parked up on Straight Road between New Invention & Lane Head.

(This obviously creates a knock on effect with 2 lots of passengers on one vehicle!)

Is the plan to acquire more Mellors in the long run, or is there another vehicle type being considered instead?

Stu

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 15, 2023, 06:47:41 AMWe have lost the following from October

530 Evenings and Sundays

Hi Simon,

In light of the above, could you confirm if what TfWM has published today on their website is an error?

You cannot view this attachment.

I would assume they meant that Diamond would no longer be operating this service after 5:30pm Monday to Saturday, with Banga continuing to provide the daytime service, and NX West Midlands taking over Sunday journeys.

Regards,
Stu
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on September 27, 2023, 11:00:23 PMWhat are the plans for long term replacement of the Solos, as I know to at least 2 breakdowns recently when waiting for a 326, in fact the one vehicle I spotted today was parked up on Straight Road between New Invention & Lane Head.

(This obviously creates a knock on effect with 2 lots of passengers on one vehicle!)

Is the plan to acquire more Mellors in the long run, or is there another vehicle type being considered instead?
We have been buying some Mercedes Sprinter - not Mellor conversations elsewhere.  We will look to continue to do that.  From October our PVR will drop with the loss of the 96 (day time)/ 20/21, 74.  we have a number of Mellors which expire leases at this time, so we will remove the equivalent number.  

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on September 28, 2023, 05:52:17 PMHi Simon,

In light of the above, could you confirm if what TfWM has published today on their website is an error?

You cannot view this attachment.

I would assume they meant that Diamond would no longer be operating this service after 5:30pm Monday to Saturday, with Banga continuing to provide the daytime service, and NX West Midlands taking over Sunday journeys.

Regards,
Stu

Stu,

I cannot comment on what is happening with the 530, other than we no longer have a contract to operate it.

Simon

IMarkeh

Are there any plans to update bus open data to include the new 292 timetable? Also are there any updates on the issues which you were having with the many other services as it is leading to regular confusion with passengers who are relying on journey planners which use your open data?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on October 06, 2023, 12:27:28 PMAre there any plans to update bus open data to include the new 292 timetable? Also are there any updates on the issues which you were having with the many other services as it is leading to regular confusion with passengers who are relying on journey planners which use your open data?
We have published the service in its normal manner, for some reason it has not updated.  We are going to republish now.

Simon

Which route is the 292 supposed to take leaving Kidderminster. The Diamond website and Bus Times show its supposed to stop at Oxford Street, then take the ring road round to Coventry Street.
 30050 didn't serve this stop this afternoon on leaving Kidderminster turning left onto Marlborough Street just before.
30050 - YJ66 APU – Diamond Bus – bustimes.org

No idea if you can rely on route maps on the Diamond Website though, the 8 route map still shows it to serve the full length of Poplar Road. When it actually stops on Stretton Road and Greatfield Road.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on October 11, 2023, 08:48:51 PMWhich route is the 292 supposed to take leaving Kidderminster. The Diamond website and Bus Times show its supposed to stop at Oxford Street, then take the ring road round to Coventry Street.
 30050 didn't serve this stop this afternoon on leaving Kidderminster turning left onto Marlborough Street just before.
30050 - YJ66 APU – Diamond Bus – bustimes.org

No idea if you can rely on route maps on the Diamond Website though, the 8 route map still shows it to serve the full length of Poplar Road. When it actually stops on Stretton Road and Greatfield Road.

I believe this has been updated now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk