News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Seeing, according to Tony on other threads, 4450 has both broken down & not tracking, plus its due for withdrawal soon anyway, I guess getting that back into service is not a priority?

Tony

It is on the 31/32 today

PB50

Driver who's took over on 2114 currently on the 9 service has only got as far as Morrisons in Walsall and broke down. 

Jack

6720 is absolutely struggling on the 997 for power, never known it to be so slow, and yet it's expected to be on main City Centre service in limp. Apparently driver can't get it changed, nice...

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Jack on September 05, 2023, 12:24:40 PM6720 is absolutely struggling on the 997 for power, never known it to be so slow, and yet it's expected to be on main City Centre service in limp. Apparently driver can't get it changed, nice...
Limp mode it happens regularly with platuims especially in heat

Jack

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on September 05, 2023, 01:06:57 PMLimp mode it happens regularly with platuims especially in heat
They are awful in the heat, to ride with burning leather and them being grey and dark means they are producing more heat, and the lack of power 68 plates ones and newer is even worse.

66 plates are the best ones.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Jack on September 05, 2023, 01:44:03 PMThey are awful in the heat, to ride with burning leather and them being grey and dark means they are producing more heat, and the lack of power 68 plates ones and newer is even worse.

66 plates are the best ones.
6956 is a good one when you walk on jt it's freezing cold went on it yesterday 

karl724223

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on September 05, 2023, 01:06:57 PMLimp mode it happens regularly with platuims especially in heat
I can't remember the last time I had a 68 plate pn platinum go into limp mode so yet again don't know where your info comes from

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: karl724223 on September 05, 2023, 05:19:16 PMI can't remember the last time I had a 68 plate pn platinum go into limp mode so yet again don't know where your info comes from
The wb ones do I've been on them they go into limp mode a lot 

GoldenSquid

The 15/65 plates go limp the most from my experience. 68+ don't have many issues from what I've noticed.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

platinums just utter shite  end of, set them all on fire init bruv, mind they probably self combust in years to come

MW

A common cause for Limp Mode is DPFs getting clogged up with soot and being unable to "regen." . I doubt it's specific to 66 or 68 reg etc. 

Stu

I'm pretty sure if a bus went into LIMP mode, then it would have to be taken out of service. It is after all an engine management feature that is designed to prevent serious engine damage, and for getting the vehicle somewhere to be serviced or looked at.

Buses being driven slowly because the driver doesn't want to arrive at a timing point early are not in LIMP mode.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 05, 2023, 08:42:41 PMI'm pretty sure if a bus went into LIMP mode, then it would have to be taken out of service. It is after all an engine management feature that is designed to prevent serious engine damage, and for getting the vehicle somewhere to be serviced or looked at.

Buses being driven slowly because the driver doesn't want to arrive at a timing point early are not in LIMP mode.
Correct Stu, no driver would drive a bus in service in limp mode anyway, top speed is around 8mph

BBS

Quoteplatinums just utter shite  end of, set them all on fire init bruv, mind they probably self combust in years to come
Just be quiet Mate 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk