News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Is a single ticket transferable on the 11 if you have to changes buses?

If there are no plans to join the outer circle again, surely they are just separate routes now and should have different route numbers 

Quote from: sonic84 on July 27, 2023, 04:22:51 PMIs a single ticket transferable on the 11 if you have to changes buses?

If there are no plans to join the outer circle again, surely they are just separate routes now and should have different route numbers
I don't think so, from my experience a few months back you have to pay again when changing.

They could potentially renumber it to 10 (West) 11 (East) as I think I saw that's how it used to be when the route first started in the 1920s.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Quote from: sonic84 on July 27, 2023, 04:22:51 PMIs a single ticket transferable on the 11 if you have to changes buses?

I remember when they first split the circle single tickets where transferable, not sure if this is still the case.

2174 at the Fox and Goose this morning at about 10.00.  
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Owen

I just remembered. Wasn't there a post saying that ZF and Voith E400MMC was going to kept apart at the garages. Something about vehicles types being kept at a minimal where possible. I'm sure every garage has voith MMC bar Walsall? So surely them being so spread out there's not an issue, and kind of a standard vehicle type?

mesub

Quote from: Owen on September 12, 2023, 11:37:18 PMI just remembered. Wasn't there a post saying that ZF and Voith E400MMC was going to kept apart at the garages. Something about vehicles types being kept at a minimal where possible. I'm sure every garage has voith MMC bar Walsall? So surely them being so spread out there's not an issue, and kind of a standard vehicle type?

It was something to do with seat sizes. They were mixed at AG at one point, but I don't believe this is the case now.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Owen

Is it only 3 or 4 omnilinks allocated to this garage as of now? 

I've noticed the 17 is now allocated predominantly E200MMCs, then some B7Rles, 

And the 5 now sees single deckers occasionally which I never think happened before. 

Jack

Quote from: Owen on September 15, 2023, 06:54:40 PMIs it only 3 or 4 omnilinks allocated to this garage as of now?

I've noticed the 17 is now allocated predominantly E200MMCs, then some B7Rles,

And the 5 now sees single deckers occasionally which I never think happened before.
The 5 has always seen single deckers occasionally, only since it went to Every 30 minutes it's not something that's not seen all the time.

5 Omnilinks left at AG.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on September 15, 2023, 07:44:18 PMThe 5 has always seen single deckers occasionally, only since it went to Every 30 minutes it's not something that's not seen all the time.

5 Omnilinks left at AG.
It's not very often you see a single deck on the 5 now.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 15, 2023, 07:47:03 PMIt's not very often you see a single deck on the 5 now.

Most common duty for one is the morning peak board. It was a B7RLE almost every day when they first arrived, but now is more often a double again

Owen

I must say anyway, the garage vehicle age profile is very good, recent transfers are very well thought out! 

Ronnoc

Don't know the full numbers, but within about a year the average age must have went down quite a bit. I'd reckon it's within 9-12 years old.

EDIT: Just did some maths, average age went from over 12 years in June 2022 to about 10.5 years today.

Owen

Quote from: Ronnoc on September 15, 2023, 11:06:26 PMDon't know the full numbers, but within about a year the average age must have went down quite a bit. I'd reckon it's within 9-12 years old.

EDIT: Just did some maths, average age went from over 12 years in June 2022 to about 10.5 years today.
See imagine the jump when the geminis are withdrawn next year with the new orders. Double deckers after Gemini were ones new 2015. Scanias (2007) are currently being released leaving single decks new in 2013-2015 allocated at garage.

BK63 YWP

Saw an 11 branded E400 MMC being towed towards Pensnett by Russells Hall Hospital. Seems far from home. 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk