News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 15, 2023, 06:47:41 AMWe have lost the following from October

96 - Day time.
I was not expecting that, do you know which operator has gotten the 96 (daytime)?
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Simon Dunn

Quote from: GoldenSquid on August 15, 2023, 12:51:31 PMI was not expecting that, do you know which operator has gotten the 96 (daytime)?
I am sorry - until the information is released by TfWM I am unable to comment further.

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 16, 2023, 07:01:15 AMI am sorry - until the information is released by TfWM I am unable to comment further.
That's all good, is there any chance the evenings will have a timetable change as it is very over-timed from Chelmsley Wood to Birmingham Airport, as I have seen some drivers sitting at stops for 10 minutes or even leaving 10 minutes late from the Airport so they don't have to wait.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Simon Dunn

Quote from: GoldenSquid on August 16, 2023, 07:10:06 PMThat's all good, is there any chance the evenings will have a timetable change as it is very over-timed from Chelmsley Wood to Birmingham Airport, as I have seen some drivers sitting at stops for 10 minutes or even leaving 10 minutes late from the Airport so they don't have to wait.
We agree.  We have been discussing this with TfWM - we have put forward a timetable revision and are awaiting feedback to action this.

Simon

Ryan Hack

How long do the oldest Volvos at Preston (69146/9/59/64/86) have left?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ryan Hack on August 18, 2023, 11:14:26 AMHow long do the oldest Volvos at Preston (69146/9/59/64/86) have left?
The PVR in Preston is 73, and we have 91 vehicles in fleet.  We don't need this number of spares.   You would like to think we should be able to remove all 5 vehicles.   

Across the business we are pooling vehicles for the Manchester changes coming on 24/09/23.   

The interim fleet requirements will pull vehicles from across the vehicles.  Post this requirement, i expect we will review the use of older like the Volvo's.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 18, 2023, 12:58:48 PMThe PVR in Preston is 73, and we have 91 vehicles in fleet.  We don't need this number of spares.  You would like to think we should be able to remove all 5 vehicles. 

Across the business we are pooling vehicles for the Manchester changes coming on 24/09/23. 

The interim fleet requirements will pull vehicles from across the vehicles.  Post this requirement, i expect we will review the use of older like the Volvo's.

Could any of those Volvo's come to any of the West Midlands depots?

Simon Dunn

Not really.  The emission requirements means we already have more than enough none Euro 6 vehicles.

Ryan Hack

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 18, 2023, 12:58:48 PMThe PVR in Preston is 73, and we have 91 vehicles in fleet.  We don't need this number of spares.  You would like to think we should be able to remove all 5 vehicles. 

Ok. thank you i hope there will be as little cut backs and cancellations as possible before buses get withdrawn,

For example the 19 at 16:00- 16:30 heading to Preston bus station while Preston College is open can and dose get full or near full so if a run between those times gets cancelled it would mean that there would be a higher chance of a bus getting full meaning that some people need to wait for the next bus

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ryan Hack on August 20, 2023, 10:57:41 PMOk. thank you i hope there will be as little cut backs and cancellations as possible before buses get withdrawn,

For example the 19 at 16:00- 16:30 heading to Preston bus station while Preston College is open can and dose get full or near full so if a run between those times gets cancelled it would mean that there would be a higher chance of a bus getting full meaning that some people need to wait for the next bus
We have more than enough vehicles to run full service across all the depots.

Simon

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 16, 2023, 07:01:15 AMI am sorry - until the information is released by TfWM I am unable to comment further.
Can we have the new 96 timetable for September please ?

1. How come the last number 8 to Bewdley from Parry Road today scheduled 18:58 cut the route short not serving this stop. Surely the last service should always operate on all routes in order to not leave passengers stranded? I was waiting for this and found out it wasn't coming on bus times.

2. The 13:28 service earlier in the day was also skipped out.

3. Stop conditions in the area seem in generally poor condition. The Jubilee Drive stop doesn't even have a proper bus stop, the Parry Road stop has the old service 1 number on it and says something like "First improving travel" on it. With no timetable information available at either stop.

4. Personally I wondered would merging the Rifle Range service with a Stourport service work either as a 3A or sending the 15 via there?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 21, 2023, 12:12:46 PMCan we have the new 96 timetable for September please ?

I believe the Timetable is now on our website.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on August 21, 2023, 09:38:36 PM1. How come the last number 8 to Bewdley from Parry Road today scheduled 18:58 cut the route short not serving this stop. Surely the last service should always operate on all routes in order to not leave passengers stranded? I was waiting for this and found out it wasn't coming on bus times.

2. The 13:28 service earlier in the day was also skipped out.

3. Stop conditions in the area seem in generally poor condition. The Jubilee Drive stop doesn't even have a proper bus stop, the Parry Road stop has the old service 1 number on it and says something like "First improving travel" on it. With no timetable information available at either stop.

4. Personally I wondered would merging the Rifle Range service with a Stourport service work either as a 3A or sending the 15 via there?
As a result of the bridge works in Bewdley we are experiencing substantial traffic delays.  The impact, and the direction of works has not yet been decided.  We have put in place an initial three week plan which is communicated on our website and going on our buses in the next few days.

In terms of Bus Stops - we have asked on numerous occasions to be able to take control of the stops.  We have the equipment to manage the stops like we do in Burton.  However, the ownership of the stops is unclear, we have asked for permission to remove/ hand back and replace.  

WCC prefer to roll out technology on stops - and we are working with them to deliver on their strategy.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 22, 2023, 08:10:42 PMI believe the Timetable is now on our website.

Simon
I've look on the 4th September service changes page, there's a new timetable for the A15 but not for the 96.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk