News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on July 10, 2023, 05:42:27 PMWhat is happening with 30833 & 30834 will these be reinstated at Kidderminster or Redditch or will some vehicles be going to Preston Bus
There is no intention at this time to reinstate these vehicles

bususer12

Any reason why a bus due at xx:10 pulls onto a layover at 08 past and sits there talking to drivers, and decides to pull into the stand 8 minutes late? 226 13:10 from Dudley if you want to check.

This sort of driver behaviour does nothing for the sustainability of the route. 

How come 30813 on the 302 was running out of Kidderminster towards Bewdley with nothing on the destination display at all.
Seems to be a common thing with Kidderminster vehicles not to have working destination displays.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Can I congratulate the driver of 20051, in avoiding what could have been a nasty collision at the Sneyd Lane / Cresswell Crescent in Bloxwich earlier.

Approaching the junction, some silly driver decided to pull out in-between him & a parked up Nx vehicle at the stop, taking up his stopping/braking room, so emergency stop time!

(By the way, same vehicle's front display wasn't working though!)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on July 12, 2023, 01:21:42 PMAny reason why a bus due at xx:10 pulls onto a layover at 08 past and sits there talking to drivers, and decides to pull into the stand 8 minutes late? 226 13:10 from Dudley if you want to check.

This sort of driver behaviour does nothing for the sustainability of the route.
I have shared your comments - we will investigate this.  Thank you

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on July 12, 2023, 08:36:02 PMHow come 30813 on the 302 was running out of Kidderminster towards Bewdley with nothing on the destination display at all.
Seems to be a common thing with Kidderminster vehicles not to have working destination displays.
I have shared your comments with the Operations and Engineering Manager.  I have asked them to come back to me on this.

Thank you

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on July 12, 2023, 08:49:24 PMCan I congratulate the driver of 20051, in avoiding what could have been a nasty collision at the Sneyd Lane / Cresswell Crescent in Bloxwich earlier.

Approaching the junction, some silly driver decided to pull out in-between him & a parked up Nx vehicle at the stop, taking up his stopping/braking room, so emergency stop time!

(By the way, same vehicle's front display wasn't working though!)

Thank you.  I will pick up the destination comment on with our Engineering team at Tividale.

Simon

Ryan Hack

What is happening to 40630?  It has been off the road since feb

Rachvince53

Can you confirm which way service 57 and 17 and 17A will run when Moss Grove Kingswinford is closed from Monday 24th July to 1st September?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ryan Hack on July 19, 2023, 04:10:21 PMWhat is happening to 40630?  It has been off the road since feb

The vehicle is undergoing repair

twbc99

Hi Simon,

Looks like Burton's 31432 does not have a working destination while working the 1205 Derby-Derby 70 today.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 20, 2023, 11:10:17 AMCan you confirm which way service 57 and 17 and 17A will run when Moss Grove Kingswinford is closed from Monday 24th July to 1st September?
Below is the diversion communication by Dudley Borough Council.

DUDLEY METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 SECTION 14 (1)
(AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC
(TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT, 1991)

TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE OF MOSS GROVE, KINGSWINFORD

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Moss Grove, Kingswinford will be closed to vehicular traffic. the duration of this restriction is anticipated to from 9:30am on Monday 24th July 2023 until 8pm on Friday 1st September 2023

The extent of the restriction will be from: The junction Summer Hill to the junction of Waterford Road

All vehicular traffic will be diverted via: Diversion Route: Summer Hill, Swindon Road, Kidderminster Road, High Street, Holbeach Road, Wolverhampton Road, and vice versa

The restriction is required to safely replace a gas main

Simon Dunn

Quote from: twbc99 on July 26, 2023, 06:26:27 PMHi Simon,

Looks like Burton's 31432 does not have a working destination while working the 1205 Derby-Derby 70 today.
Thank you - I have picked this up with the depot

Simon

Rachvince53

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 27, 2023, 06:25:52 AMBelow is the diversion communication by Dudley Borough Council.

DUDLEY METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 SECTION 14 (1)
(AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC
(TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT, 1991)

TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE OF MOSS GROVE, KINGSWINFORD

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Moss Grove, Kingswinford will be closed to vehicular traffic. the duration of this restriction is anticipated to from 9:30am on Monday 24th July 2023 until 8pm on Friday 1st September 2023

The extent of the restriction will be from: The junction Summer Hill to the junction of Waterford Road

All vehicular traffic will be diverted via: Diversion Route: Summer Hill, Swindon Road, Kidderminster Road, High Street, Holbeach Road, Wolverhampton Road, and vice versa

The restriction is required to safely replace a gas main
Thanks

B61 ANDREW

No front destination display on 20530 - paper route number on display though. [202]. Not able to check side and rear displays as the bus pulled up behind me whilst I was driving.  :smiley: 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk