News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danthebusman

Quote from: Danthebusman on June 14, 2023, 07:50:28 AM4674 still tracking in garage on bustimes, even though it's withdrawn?

markcf83

Any suggestions for locations for photography in and around Coventry please, apart from the City itself, would be welcomed. I'm planning my day on Saturday week which will largely be confined to the Sky Blue City. (I know of a few outside the Centre but others would be very much welcomed)
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Danthebusman

Quote from: markcf83 on June 14, 2023, 11:31:03 AMAny suggestions for locations for photography in and around Coventry please, apart from the City itself, would be welcomed. I'm planning my day on Saturday week which will largely be confined to the Sky Blue City. (I know of a few outside the Centre but others would be very much welcomed)
kenilworth road is a great location for scenery particularly up near the memorial park

Rachvince53

Quote from: JPC on May 06, 2023, 10:32:48 AMThe current 4 year contract for the X30 service is coming to it's natural end next month and Bustimes confirms NXC intend their last day of operation on Friday 2 June, as yet I haven't seen any word of continuation with another provider/service.
It has been reregistered from 5th June 2023 with NXC according to Vehicle Operator Licensing.

markcf83

Quote from: Danthebusman on June 14, 2023, 02:41:53 PMkenilworth road is a great location for scenery particularly up near the memorial park
I'll bear it in mind. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

BN

E143; E142; E138 have now left WN for CV.

Tony

Quote from: BN on June 18, 2023, 08:05:06 AME143; E142; E138 have now left WN for CV.
E096 has gone as well, but currently at BC

Coventrybususer95

If the day saver does goe up to £4.50 what will happen to all the buses that carry the £4 day saver branding is there not a risk removing them will damage the paint work on the buses?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

839 first day back out in service today

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 19, 2023, 07:57:02 AMIf the day saver does goe up to £4.50 what will happen to all the buses that carry the £4 day saver branding is there not a risk removing them will damage the paint work on the buses?
Probably will be changed to say £4.50
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2206 on June 19, 2023, 09:20:26 AMProbably will be changed to say £4.50
It'll be interesting to see if a new sticker is applied over the stop or if route branding will return 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 19, 2023, 03:16:13 PMIt'll be interesting to see if a new sticker is applied over the stop or if route branding will return
Standard practise just to put a new sticker over the price, been done many times

JPC

The 85/85b/85s service has a amended route and timetable from 24th July.

Looking on Traveline the route maps seems to show 85 and 85b rerouted via Sky Blue Way, Walsgrave Road and Ansty Rd, but the timetable seems to be a copy of the current one (error).
This could mean something else is going to operate the current route between Pool Meadow and UHCW? maybe Stagecoach 51 becoming a full circle, at the moment the 51 doesn't appropriately link Lentons Lane and Walsgrave with the City Centre, a full circle would also offer more sensible timings/headway where it combines with NX service 2.

Danthebusman

Quote from: JPC on June 25, 2023, 02:19:37 PMThe 85/85b/85s service has a amended route and timetable from 24th July.

Looking on Traveline the route maps seems to show 85 and 85b rerouted via Sky Blue Way, Walsgrave Road and Ansty Rd, but the timetable seems to be a copy of the current one (error).
This could mean something else is going to operate the current route between Pool Meadow and UHCW? maybe Stagecoach 51 becoming a full circle, at the moment the 51 doesn't appropriately link Lentons Lane and Walsgrave with the City Centre, a full circle would also offer more sensible timings/headway where it combines with NX service 2.
i reckon stagecoach would actually make the 51 a circular route as well. could go from UHCW: Clifford Bridge Road, Belgrave Road, Hipswell Highway, Allard Way, Second Avenue, Weir Way, Brindle Avenue, Binley Road, Sky Blue Way, Gosford Street, Cox Street, Fairfax Street then finally Pool Meadow although i'm not sure what the patronage would be like doing the extra bit back to Pool Meadow but could help people getting from UHCW to town

ellspurs

Quote from: JPC on June 25, 2023, 02:19:37 PMThe 85/85b/85s service has a amended route and timetable from 24th July.

I looked at the map on the NXC website for the 85 and got confused as it was showing the 85a route. Then I remembered it was Sunday, and got confused that NXC was showing the 85a timetable at all since Stagecoach run it. I guess they're changing the route to the 85a route if your description is correct.

The current route is weird in that they send the bus through a newish housing estate (New Century Park), but only put one bus stop at the start of the estate, in one direction. There's no mention of Hail & Ride, and if you're travelling from Coventry, after Binley Road the next listed stop is on Hipswell Highway which is on the opposite side of the road to the estate. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk