News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: James1987 on June 08, 2023, 11:42:45 PMJust out of interest what makes you say they are leaving anytime soon?

I saw on a YouTube video that they will be leaving Walsall soon, so I just came here to check if it was true and if there are any more details about it
5/51/X51/529

PB50

Quote from: Tony on June 08, 2023, 07:47:31 PMWhen they are not needed there.
Because they are not needed there
What are Walsall garage having in place of these buses when they leave?

cris 99

Thete are no plans for them to leave that rumour has been going around since the hydrogens came it's all just hear say. Even if they were to leave Tony will never disclose any transfers before they Happen. 
17//72/73/97/X12

Westy

Would've thought they would replace Walsall's remaining 43xx Tridents at least internally, instead of shipping them off elsewhere?

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: cris 99 on June 09, 2023, 07:51:21 AMThete are no plans for them to leave that rumour has been going around since the hydrogens came it's all just hear say. Even if they were to leave Tony will never disclose any transfers before they Happen.
Thank you, this is the answer I was looking for.   :smiley:
5/51/X51/529

PB50

6732 just gone past me in Ablewell St not in service with his hazard warning lights on doing a steady 10mph so obviously he can't go any faster than that.

Danthebusman

Quote from: PB50 on June 16, 2023, 09:14:49 AM6732 just gone past me in Ablewell St not in service with his hazard warning lights on doing a steady 10mph so obviously he can't go any faster than that.
limp mode, a lot of buses struggling with the heat already and the worst is yet to come

Westy

What are the current statuses of these 3 heritage buses  119L; 3035; 3997 ?

They were in paint a few weeks ago, according to Tony's list, but don't appear to be on recent lists.

I'm guessing more internal / mechanical work is being done, so they'll be a long time before they start appearing in public.

Are they normally garaged at Walsall?

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Was on 4735 a couple days ago and was sitting on the bottom deck back row and the seat was EXTREMELY hot, to the point where it was very uncomfortable. The other passenger also on the back row felt the same. Maybe someone should take a look at it or perhaps fix anything if there's a problem
5/51/X51/529

Jack

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on June 24, 2023, 06:34:37 PMWas on 4735 a couple days ago and was sitting on the bottom deck back row and the seat was EXTREMELY hot, to the point where it was very uncomfortable. The other passenger also on the back row felt the same. Maybe someone should take a look at it or perhaps fix anything if there's a problem
Those seats on the early E400's always do get very hot. It's the summer and you're sitting on the engine?

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Jack on June 24, 2023, 07:02:19 PMThose seats on the early E400's always do get very hot. It's the summer and you're sitting on the engine?
Fair enough. However I've been on those early E400s many times and it was never as hot as that day! But never mind. Also another question, if the buses are supposed to be named after females, why is it's name Thomas Henry davis?
5/51/X51/529

Danthebusman

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on June 24, 2023, 08:26:29 PMFair enough. However I've been on those early E400s many times and it was never as hot as that day! But never mind. Also another question, if the buses are supposed to be named after females, why is it's name Thomas Henry davis?
doesn't mean all the names on the buses have to be women's names. 2154 at CV is named Sean 'Cov' Murphy for example

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Danthebusman on June 24, 2023, 09:09:53 PMdoesn't mean all the names on the buses have to be women's names. 2154 at CV is named Sean 'Cov' Murphy for example
Ah ok I thought that all buses were women's names. My apologies 
5/51/X51/529

PB50

Quote from: Westy on July 06, 2023, 07:00:15 AMNever seen an E200 on Wa 41 AFAIK.

856 just spotted in Walsall Bus Station.
That will be interacting with the 8 service. You get one occasionally on this.

Stu

I split off the posts about ticket changes into the existing topic on the same subject:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=6490.0
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk