News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 07, 2023, 01:48:27 PMI have reported the vehicle to the depot and asked them to look at immediately
Morning Simon, 33019 still isn't tracking, it's on the 533 again today. 
Sounds a little better than it did but still pretty loud. 

Westy

Evening Simon.

Any chance of Tividale taking a look at 20888 when they have five please?

Came back on it, awful whining, it felt like something was grinding against the axle.

It was so loud, the driver didn't hear the ding for one stop & ended up passing it!

(Still , as I said to the driver, 'Could be worse. Could be one of Chaseriders!')

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on June 15, 2023, 08:20:15 AMMorning Simon, 33019 still isn't tracking, it's on the 533 again today.
Sounds a little better than it did but still pretty loud.
I have reported it to the OM

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on June 16, 2023, 05:00:10 PMEvening Simon.

Any chance of Tividale taking a look at 20888 when they have five please?

Came back on it, awful whining, it felt like something was grinding against the axle.

It was so loud, the driver didn't hear the ding for one stop & ended up passing it!

(Still , as I said to the driver, 'Could be worse. Could be one of Chaseriders!')
Thank you for the message.  I have asked our EM to look at it ASAP

Rachvince53

I understand that fares on Diamond Bus in the West Midlands are rising from 3rd July 2023. Will these be similar to the new fares NX are planning to introduce? 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 22, 2023, 03:37:12 PMI understand that fares on Diamond Bus in the West Midlands are rising from 3rd July 2023. Will these be similar to the new fares NX are planning to introduce?
On Tuesday there is an Enhanced Partnership vote.  It is expected that this vote will pass.  This will then mean that the West Midlands bus tickets from a Day Ticket to an Annual Ticket will be multi operator (unless they are cross boundary).  

We therefore expect that all tickets prices will be the same from 3rd July 2023.

At present we have put out a holding statement - because until this vote is passed - nothing is 100% certain.

You haven't asked this question - but the escalation in operating costs means that the fare increases need to go through.  There is not enough income in the market to sustain the current service provision.  TfWM have Bus Service Improvement Plan money which spans until March 2025 - this repurposed money/ BSOG plus and the fare increases proposed should create a more stable provision.  Fares will need to be reviewed again, on a periodic basis.  

Simon

Jack

14:31 54 from Hamstead Village has failed to operate. Any idea why?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on June 26, 2023, 02:38:22 PM14:31 54 from Hamstead Village has failed to operate. Any idea why?
I am advised we needed to change the vehicle

Damo

Hi Simon,

It's being reported by unofficial sources that Diamond South East have lost the 458, 557, 616, 663 and 814 to other operators following Surrey County Council retendering (no mention of 555). I was just wondering if you were able/prepared to confirm is this is or isn't accurate?

Thanks in advance,

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Damo on June 27, 2023, 08:12:59 PMHi Simon,

It's being reported by unofficial sources that Diamond South East have lost the 458, 557, 616, 663 and 814 to other operators following Surrey County Council retendering (no mention of 555). I was just wondering if you were able/prepared to confirm is this is or isn't accurate?

Thanks in advance,

Yes, on retender we have lost these services.

WalsallBuses2007

Not surprised profits not as high when you got the driver of 32233 on the 20:30 31 letting passengers on for free just waving them forward nothing wrong with the ticket machine as people could scan just waved past people with money hope this driver can have a little bit of a talking to 

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 17, 2023, 05:24:14 AMI have reported it to the OM
Morning Simon, 33019 at Bolton is still not tracking. Last tracked on 22nd May but it's out again today on the 533 service. Not sure what the issue with it is though. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on July 03, 2023, 08:36:20 PMNot surprised profits not as high when you got the driver of 32233 on the 20:30 31 letting passengers on for free just waving them forward nothing wrong with the ticket machine as people could scan just waved past people with money hope this driver can have a little bit of a talking to
we will review CCTV 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on July 05, 2023, 08:25:53 AMMorning Simon, 33019 at Bolton is still not tracking. Last tracked on 22nd May but it's out again today on the 533 service. Not sure what the issue with it is though.
We have been awaiting parts.  I am advised it should be back in service tomorrow

Simon

hlliwmai

What is happening with 30833 & 30834 will these be reinstated at Kidderminster or Redditch or will some vehicles be going to Preston Bus 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk