News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare Cap

Started by Rachvince53, December 19, 2022, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on December 22, 2022, 09:00:15 PMInteresting wonder if andy Street will say anything
Nothing to do with him, participation by operators is voluntary.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ginger66

Quote from: Stu on December 23, 2022, 07:52:22 AMNothing to do with him, participation by operators is voluntary.

Diamond have summoned it up perfectly it's cheaper to buy their monthly pass.

Let's say you buy the monthly nBus at £58.00 which equates to £2.07p day and if you make six trips a day then it would equate to rough 0.34p a trip

Tony

QuoteDiamond have summoned it up perfectly it's cheaper to buy their monthly pass.

Let's say you buy the monthly nBus at £58.00 which equates to £2.07p day and if you make six trips a day then it would equate to rough 0.34p a trip
It is still good value, but very few people use a pass every day and even fewer make 6 journeys. You normally work it out a two journeys a day over 5 days a week

Stu

Quote from: Tony on December 29, 2022, 05:35:09 PMIt is still good value, but very few people use a pass every day and even fewer make 6 journeys. You normally work it out a two journeys a day over 5 days a week
I pay £50 a month for my NX monthly Faresaver (by direct debit). Works out to £1.64 a day. (12 x 50 divided by 364 days - can't be used on Christmas Day!)

I make two journeys a day Monday to Friday, and make occasional journeys over the weekend. So for me, it is fantastic value.

If I follow your formula (12 x 50 divided by 52 x 5, then divide again by 2), I make that £1.15 per weekday journey. :azn:

My locals:

don

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 29, 2022, 05:19:41 PMDiamond have summoned it up perfectly it's cheaper to buy their monthly pass.

Indeed but this presumes everyone has the money to buy such passes, and effectively paying up front (and the operator getting prepayment).

The whole point of the £2 fare scheme is to bring additional people on the buses who want to pay as they use. That might not suit some firm's business models but that seems to be the point. And operators do get subsidised for it.

It remains to be seen whether Diamond's stance is a PR disaster and shepherding potential customers on to other operator's services, participating in the £2 journey scheme. It's all about helping the cost of living impact at the lower end of the income scale (though it might take income from period passes, people changing to pay as you go). 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Ginger66

Do you think some operators will keep the fare at £2 per single journey after 31st march.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Ginger66 on January 13, 2023, 08:42:23 PMDo you think some operators will keep the fare at £2 per single journey after 31st march.
No. There will be a return to previous fare levels in my opinion. 

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on January 13, 2023, 08:42:23 PMDo you think some operators will keep the fare at £2 per single journey after 31st march.
Only the ones that want to end up going bust or into administration.
My locals:

ellspurs

This £2 cap is apparently being extended for another three months:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64678990

Ginger66

Quote from: ellspurs on February 17, 2023, 05:09:37 PMThis £2 cap is apparently being extended for another three months:

Regarding the first month of the cap is there any indication passengers returning to use buses run by NX group.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: ellspurs on February 17, 2023, 05:09:37 PMThis £2 cap is apparently being extended for another three months:

Might want to inform national express as there website still says until march 31st
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Ginger66

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on February 20, 2023, 10:41:54 AMMight want to inform national express as there website still says until march 31st
Wasn't the extension announced on Friday afternoon.

Rachvince53

Yes. However it takes a few days for the powers that be to update information on websites.

Ginger66

If NX goes on strike there's no benefit of the fare cap.

Uptight

£2 bus fare cap to be extended to 31st October 2023 then for 13 months afterwards at £2.50
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/2-bus-fare-cap

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk