News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Danthebusman on April 15, 2023, 01:44:08 PMit appears the 17 doesn't go down Britannia St anymore and instead follows Paynes Lane, turning onto Sky Blue Way, then onto Walsgrave Road and normal line of route. Not sure if this temporary because of the road works or permanent but can guarantee them speed bumps aren't the best for the suspension
Temporary its on the website :)
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

Noticed today the 15 and 16 interwork on weekdays

Ronnoc

Saw a Cov electric in Brum city centre transporting some very businessy looking people.

Coventrybususer95

Anyone noticed that most of the original double deckers have had the front name removed 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Danthebusman on May 03, 2023, 09:40:31 AME054 - X30
I'm not sure that EVs can be considered 'noteworthy' now, they'll pretty much be used on any route where double-decks can be used.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JPC

The current 4 year contract for the X30 service is coming to it's natural end next month and Bustimes confirms NXC intend their last day of operation on Friday 2 June, as yet I haven't seen any word of continuation with another provider/service.

Stu

Quote from: JPC on May 06, 2023, 10:32:48 AMThe current 4 year contract for the X30 service is coming to it's natural end next month and Bustimes confirms NXC intend their last day of operation on Friday 2 June, as yet I haven't seen any word of continuation with another provider/service.
Presumably Ansty Park are no longer willing to fund the service if not enough workers are using it, therefore it may not be replaced.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Danthebusman

4450 and 4664 both out tonight for evening/night boards on the 6/A and 12X respectively

Coventrybususer95

Is the 15 every 15 minutes like the timetable says or is it every 30 minutes like the electric timetable says?

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on May 11, 2023, 09:38:45 AMIs the 15 every 15 minutes like the timetable says or is it every 30 minutes like the electric timetable says?
every 15 minutes

Danthebusman

4450, 4451, 4454 and 4674 have all lost their rear trade centre uk adverts

markcf83

Quote from: Danthebusman on May 13, 2023, 10:10:04 AM4450, 4451, 4454 and 4674 have all lost their rear trade centre uk adverts
Perhaps due for withdrawal shortly...... 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on May 13, 2023, 01:58:45 PMPerhaps due for withdrawal shortly......
Wouldn't bother having adverts removed if they were about to come off the road, although they probably have only got 5-6 weeks left

JPC

One thing about the X30 which I thought was strange was the routing via Clifford Bridge Rd and the A46, instead of going straight up Hinckley Road.
I take it there is no thought about extending the 8 to Ansty Park at the appropriate peak hours this could offer a 20 minute frequency with just '1 bus', In a similar vein I was hoping at some point in the future when a proposed replacement junction on the A46 near to the rear of UHCW is completed that the 9 could perhaps extend to Ansty Park maintaining a 'direct' link to Cov Rail Station.
There is also a possibility (and @Sandy Lane might shoot me down for this) for the 85 to go via Hinckley Road and Ansty Park on the way to Brinklow, but this natually means Clifford Bridge Road, Brinklow Road and Coombe Abbey would lose out.

I guess being replaced with nothing apart from 'on demand' is the ultimate plan here (and wherever else going forward).

Quote from: Stu on May 06, 2023, 11:11:11 AMPresumably Ansty Park are no longer willing to fund the service if not enough workers are using it, therefore it may not be replaced.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on May 14, 2023, 02:00:17 PMOne thing about the X30 which I thought was strange was the routing via Clifford Bridge Rd and the A46, instead of going straight up Hinckley Road.
I take it there is no thought about extending the 8 to Ansty Park at the appropriate peak hours this could offer a 20 minute frequency with just '1 bus', In a similar vein I was hoping at some point in the future when a proposed replacement junction on the A46 near to the rear of UHCW is completed that the 9 could perhaps extend to Ansty Park maintaining a 'direct' link to Cov Rail Station.
There is also a possibility (and @Sandy Lane might shoot me down for this) for the 85 to go via Hinckley Road and Ansty Park on the way to Brinklow, but this natually means Clifford Bridge Road, Brinklow Road and Coombe Abbey would lose out.

I guess being replaced with nothing apart from 'on demand' is the ultimate plan here (and wherever else going forward).

Interesting situation for those living nr Clifford Bridge Rd 'CBR'. The X30 is the last of a few direct services that called at the rail station - if this goes I guess the locals will go on the war path with TfWM. Another reason for going along CBR was to get local people to Ansty business park as it is nearby and walking is awkward if not dangerous.

Wonder if Diamond would give it another go? One for Simon to consider?  Noted that NXC struggled with the timings that Diamond ran to so NXC
reduced the timetable.

I think the CBR locals may have asked for the 85 to run through to the rail station and city centre shops again like it used to with DeCourcey?  NXC terminate the 85 today at the far end of Pool Meadow - so not that close to the shops and again timetable hacked back to hourly.

I bet the CBR locals will want to continue to have a direct service to the rail station. One for TFWM to sort PDQ before Coventry declares war on to geographically remote TfWM. How about a new service from the hospital to the rail station via full length of CBR, Binley Rd, Sky Blue Way, Gosford St, via Severn Trent building/Council House, New Union St, Warwick Rd and rail station? Needs to be 30 min Freq. Why not take vehicles off the very frequent 13 service?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk